The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yup 1/60 is more of a display piece IMO... I baby them and set them on the shelf. HMR i can mess with more although I hate the partsforming so I just leave them in one mode.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, some sort of storage base or just perfect transformation for HMR would go a long way. I really wish toys that come with so many loose parts would come with some sort of storage.

3. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Agreed, im actually enjoying the non transforming HMR figures more because i dont need to be hunting for parts.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    lol Yeah. I only have the VF-1J and VF-1A HMRs. The only one I need to finish out my Yamato/Arcadia is the v2 1/60 Ostrich. Finding one at a decent price when I have the funds is increasingly hard to do. I may just have to settle for the v1 I got. BTW, anyone want a v1 1/60 VE-1? Complete, but used...only transformed once maybe? But it's back in it's original box, asking $150 shipped. :) 

I hear ya. I keep forgetting to transform my HMRs. But maybe that's because I don't like the partsforming.

5. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I don't like partsforming either but for some reason the minimal swapping on the HMR VF-1 just doesn't bother me - sometimes I don't even bother with any of it since you can get a usable battroid without the swapping. If I were a landing gear person it would probably bug me more. I think I've only ever deployed the landing gear on a handful of my Macross toys over the years as I love to transform them and swoosh them in fighter mode but always transform back to battroid for display. I could have some with no wheels and I'd never know! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Still waiting on an order update for my VF-31 F. I feel like a 4 yr old getting ready to pitch a fit in the toy aisle :lol 

Just curious. What's something that has hooked you about Macross? I'm relatively new to it all, and kinda just wandered into it since TF's have gotten a little stale for me lately. I basically started looking at vintage Jetfires to maybe purchase one, then went down the google rabbit hole getting to know a whole bunch of valks and mechs and manufacturers that I never knew about.

7. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    What hooked me? The concept of humans flying transforming fighter planes, and battling aliens, and that SDF main cannon thing. Like damn that thing obliterates ANYTHING in it's path :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

You just named it! Getting Jetfire, then seeing Robotech and learning of Macross and all the Japanese toys is what hooked me. Jetfire and even more so, the Japanese Macross versions of the 1/55 valks absolutely put all Transformers to shame. The anime, toys, stories, everything are on a completely different level from Transformers. I've always loved fighter aircraft and almost went into becoming a fighter pilot and seeing my love for transforming robots combined with that whole genre was beyond my dreams. Since then, Macross has been my single favorite ongoing anime and anime based toyline of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    What hooked me: Robotech was on when I was a kid and I remember it feeling so different from all of the other cartoons. It felt like I was watching a 'grown up' show and not a cartoon. That led to picking out toys and VF-1 model kits. I couldnt get enough. The Joke Machine was my favorite transforming toy. Even though it was chubby and small it was clearly better designed and more articulated than all of my transformers.

I remember being on the playground and a bunch of kids were standing around looking at a classmate's Jetfire toy. I was unaware of the existence of Jetfire and I immediately recognized it as a Robotech 'Veritech' fighter. I tried to argue that it was a Robotech toy and not a transformer and the kid showed me the Autobot logos. We were both right. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  10. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah that'll do it! :D 
    Transformers are fun to look at, but unless you dive into some of the more recent comics they're not very deep. Seeing some of these perfect transformation valks I have to agree they could kick Takara and hasbro around the block quality and detail wise. After transforming the 262, the only tf in my collection that can match it is the new MP Megatron. I also just finished Delta, it was ok but I'm looking forward to watching the original on Amazon.

Oh, man! Playground debates were the best.:cool:  I was gonna say that kid was brave to bring in Jetfire, but then I just remembered how many times I brought one of my toys in. I had the same feeling of watching a 'grown-up' cartoon when Batman TAS aired.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah, Robotech was my first exposure to Macross too. I got made fun of in school for liking it. All the kids either liked Gobots or TFs. I liked those too, but mainly for the toys. I liked Robotech/Macross Saga more because the toys, and the cartoons have an overall feeling of having better quality than Gobots or TFs. Even with the dubbing from Harmony Gold, Robotech was still better in my eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    You know, the Harmony Gold of back then I totally respect and give props to. The people in charge really did what they could to bring Macross over, even if it meant splcing it into two other completely different anime series. It's not the version I prefer to watch today but it DID introduce me to Macross in probably the only way possible back then.

The Harmony Gold of today on the other hand...*grabs torch and pitchfork*

• Like Like x 2
  13. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

If anyone wanted to know I just got the yamato 1/60 vf17s. Thing is solid and pure sex in jet mode. I love it so far. Anyone else in here have this mold

14. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I got something better:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Had it since it first came out and love it still, even if it does try to stab me from time to time. :D 

16. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

I'm new to the world of macross so everything is new so to speak. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    That is a very exciting position to be in. You have much joy and a sore wallet to look forward to! :D 

18. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    As a dutiful Macross fan, we all must advise him that he purchase life insurance for his wallet. And healthcare insurance in case it dies seeing the invoiced prices of some valks :p 

19. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

Oh believe me I'm well aware of the valk prices especially since I'm after a yf30 at the moment lol. That mofo is ridiculous. Then there is the yf22. Even worse.

20. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

Right now I'm just grabbing molds I find appealing.