The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

It's gonna be 18,280 at NY. The beginning of fulfilling my all time most wanted couple in a big scale is about to happen.

Edit: And done! Now to see when they announce the Premium version and how the KO's turn out.

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

annnd....preordered on ny!

3. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok @Slave IV I ordered through NY. If anything bad happens, I'm blaming you! :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't they have a rep over ripping people off on shipping? Or has that basically changed?

5. ReDevil

ReDevil Random Seeker

Ordered my Milia on Hlj

6. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    They've definitely done a few shady things in the past, which is why they don't get my business anymore, unless as a last resort. They're shipping rates used to be stupid high (3000 yen to ship Super Parts...?), but they've come down to more reasonable levels. But NY will give you a shipping quote at the time of order....however, if it turns out to be more when the item comes in, they'll expect you to pay that difference.

I know they've been real good for a number of people around, but based on personal experience, and some real horror stories I've read, I try to avoid using them.

7. bluevalkyrie

bluevalkyrie needs food badly

I've criticized NY for charging extra on special items like the Focker HM-R VF-1S, but I haven't let that deter me from shopping at the store. For normal release items, NY does have a higher EMS shipping rate than other place like HLJ. If you are not in a rush to receive an item, you can save $10-$15 by using their economy airmail shipping. If you want fast shipping, you can save about the same amount at other stores. It really depends on what you want, and how fast you want to get it.

I went with NY for Milia this time. If a premium finish version is released, I'll pick up two. :D 

8. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I rarely order anything from NY. I think the last thing I ordered from them was the MP Exhaust at an inflated price (bastards...)

Yeah, not in a rush, but....not sure if the savings from ordering with them would wash out after shipping if I ordered from AE since they're offering a small discount on preorder. Eh well.

9. davidwhangchoi

davidwhangchoi Well-Known Member

it seems to be different every pre-order release which store offers the cheapest option shipped. it's best to compare every store including shipping (although some you have to guess bc they dont offer shipping estimates).
    for Miria, Nippon Yasan is offering the lowest shipped SAL economy. (i'd select insurance + tracking) kinda dumb to skimp out on insurance. to save pennies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Ordered for $189 at AE. What was strange was that it took me to the Japanese PayPal site this time. I think they updated something between Megatron and this?

Also, I jumped the gun and had a preorder at HLJ too. Not sure if I should keep that for insurance or what.

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Yeah. But I've had luck with AE so far so I placed an order with them. They usually don't charge too much on shipping on most items I order from them so I'll see how this one goes. Now for Max!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I've bought hundreds of items from there and never felt ripped off. They have given a wrong shipping price before but that was for a preorder item that they didn't know was going to be in larger/separate packaging (HMR Roy came with a separate box for the stand if you ordered that version).

FWIW, my Arcadia Milia with shipping ended up being less than most shops without shipping so it's definitely not a ripoff to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Bought Arcadia's VF-1J GBP and VF-1S Roy Strike from NY

In my limited experience with them, the SAL shipping price wasn't exorbitant, but the packing job left a lot to be desired. They wrapped the product in newspaper and fit it into a box that was only a hair larger than the figure's box. No padding whatsoever. My GBP ended up with a nasty dent/tear in the packaging.

Definitely wouldn't use if the box condition matters a good deal to you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Yeah.

N-Y's boxing is rather thin compared to hlj, ami, hs, and cdj. Saves weight, I guess?

No padding inside their boxing, but my HMR-Milia from them did came nicely bubblewrapped. Not sure if bubblewrapping's a regular thing on other stuff they sell, or only coz Milia's a TWE.

Thought CDJ's the only one left still nicely bubblewrapping these days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bluevalkyrie

bluevalkyrie needs food badly

AE is another top choice for me too. I've started buying more of my Takara Transformers from them.

Ouch. :eek:  I haven't run into that kind of problem with packaging. So far, my NY shipments have had bubble wrap and paper padding. My HLJ shipments changed some months back. They do things more like Amazon now, using those air packets to fill in the empty spaces and I've received shipments where a package didn't get enough air packets. Luckily, box condition isn't a big deal to me as long as the item is undamaged.

16. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Well-Known Member

Well I cant get any thing for a while Im tapped out thanks to the generous help of forum buddies here who've hooked me up with some great stuff. ;) :D 
    I dont even want the Draken, I was just surprised to see it so cheap.
    And it says thats its an April 2017 release so wouldnt it have the same high quality engineering as the VF-31 so you wouldnt have to worry about it breaking on you? (hopefully):rolleyes: 

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. UltraMagnanimus

I just clicked my link and its says shipping is 9.90....no biggie, but I dont know what you're seeing.

18. UltraMagnanimus

So who do we like best overall? AMiAMi, HLJ ,NY, AE, Hobbysearch, or another?

19. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    If all goes well, maybe I'll order Max from them then :D 

20. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I've ordered 3 times from NY in the past and all of them were packed just fine/arrived without damage. Will be going with them for this one, that's a nice price!