The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

HMR Defender Destroid preorders open now!

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm glad bandai used universal swivels instead of their dreaded ball joints. However the gun grip is big deal breaker for me. I wouldn't want to swap hands either. I only swapped fixed pose hands on my 171EX because the hands could stay on when transformed to fighter(I didn't care about retracting them I was more focused on keeping them on at all times). I have a feeling the fixed pose gun hand is too big to squeeze in for fighter mode. If it could fit in...then that would've swayed me. For now I'm not too regretful that I passed on the 262. I can put that money towards Messer's 31F which I want way more.

Btw do the missle pods with the lil Draken set look hollow to anyone? Wasn't sure if we saw the underside yet. Aside from HMR, I'm not a fan of DX bandai armor. Yamato did armor way better.

3. davidwhangchoi

davidwhangchoi Well-Known Member

what's up guys, been a while since i was on here.

4. Slave IV

What's up?! Don't think I know you but I'm collecting more Macross than ever these days. Loving the HMR line, the Arcadia reissues and the DX releases. Wallet is bleeding but getting so many great figures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidwhangchoi

i few guys on here i'm familiar from Macross World but i asked to deactivate my account there a long time ago and lurk. i talk with anubis20 regularly =).

yeah loving the DX and arcadia line. i wasn't a fan of the first hi metal line long time ago when yamato was at it's peak but really loving the new HMR destroids. hoping for more enemy mechs.
    with arcadia, i pretty much have everything but missing 1 major piece and grabbing doubles here and there.
    for the DX line, i'm trying to grab one of each delta valk except messer's, i'm trying to get more than one =)

i found a grail piece last week that was missing from my vf-1 collection. i think i overpaid but waited 2 years for it and just sucked it up to gouged my wallet:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hopefully i can recover funds for Mirage and the april MP reprints of soundwave, tapes, starscream and MP-36, plus messer!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

But are you the real one? ^_^

7. Slave IV

Nice, I just started checking out MW not long ago. Dangerous place but I'm enjoying Macross collecting a lot more than Transformers lately. I was out of the loop during the Hi-Metal and most of the Yamato days and I can see why Yamato basically put Hi-Metal out of business. It took me a while to warm up to HMR but it was the enemy and supporting mech that drew me in and now I'm hooked. I'm glad Arcadia has been reissuing the key pieces I missed out on and developing some new ones (their VF0S is amazing). I'm basically all in on everything Macross coming from Arcadia and Bandai right now and getting multiples of most of them. Nice pickup on that Hikaru Valk. No way am I going to try to catch up going backwards at this point so I just gotta take whatever gets reissued.

I'm also getting MP36 and I also grabbed the Soundwave Hasbro Asia reissue (already have Takara MP13) but if you don't have any version, these reissues are a great time to catch up. Soundwave is a must! I'm still passing on the seeker molds until they or a 3P does something better. I'm too spoiled by Macross Valks!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhh mai you got the weathered 1J! Nice pick up. It sounds like a lot of are going to be losing a ton of money this April with all of the goodness coming out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. davidwhangchoi

thanks man! i have hasbro soundwave but wanted one with red eyes. i just impulse pre-order the tapes and starscream. i heard not many were impressed with the 1st party seeker design.

thanks!
    yeah, april is going to be a killer month for everyone:eek: . hopefully, we won't have to drop any orders due to funds.

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Man call me nostalgic but it was a fun time to be around during the glory days of Yamato, broken shoulder hinges be damned.

Truly one of those eras where if you didn't experience it, you really don't know what you missed.

I remember when the 1/48 prototype was revealed.

Fif....teen years ago holy crap

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I have not collected Macross since the Yamato days and stopped around the 48s, whichever the bigger ones were, Roy and Hikaru (not the weathered version ;) ) didn't have have the disposable income back then.

I just got back in on the new Hi-Metal line thanks to Slave IV and completed it so far tonight. Sure is nice to get so much for about about a grand, instead of just a couple Valks.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I used to drool over your pics over at MW. But now that you're here, I guess I don't have to go back there anymore :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. davidwhangchoi

i brought my first version 1 yamato and thought it was amazing and then was blown away by the 1/48 perfect transformation announcement. i wanted one so bad but couldn't afford it.
    i was really confused by the 1/60 version 2 announcement and kept thinking why are they shrinking their valks again? :cool: 

my first 1/60 version 2 valk was a roy super strike was 135 and i thought i was getting ripped off. i wasn't used to paying over $100 for a toy =) hlj clearance were the best!

speaking of HMR, miria's HMR are on the way and going to be here Thursday. looks like they starting shipping to people last week. i'll post some pics when they arrive.

thanks man! i think my posts are still there under the name "guest." i may re-activate my account in the future but been pretty much good with lurking.

anyone here pre-order Messer? going for multiples?:D 
    i think he's the best looking valk out of Delta squadron, (maybe until Mirage)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slave IV

I managed to get a 1/48 Max 1J with super parts and a GPB armor set from the Yamato days and that's it. I know I paid $150 for Max because I found the receipt for it recently but still haven't found the figure in all my storage. I hope to find that thing soon since I still haven't even touched a 1/48 and I got that one since it's my favorite character and configuration.

At least I have HMR and when Milia arrives, I'll finally have my most coveted pair, M&M in some form! I can't believe it will have taken over 30 years of dreaming about having the two of them to finally get them. Would be great to find my 1/48 Max and get the matching Milia and the 1/60 set too. Keeping an eye on the KOs that just emergerged, especially if Arcadia doesn't announce them soon.

I got my order in for Messer and ready for the preorder madness to get Mirage. I agree Messer's Valk has the best overall look but I'm looking forward to seeing Hayate's final episode Valk too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Man I was looking through my emails and I paid ¥6860 shipped for my Yamato V2 1/60 VF-1J from HLJ in 2009 :eek: :eek:  thht was my first V2 valk. I remember it was through some special promotion they had with free shipping through FedEx. My first Macross purchase was a 1/60 V1 VF-1S from gundamstoreandmore they had on clearance for $50

16. Slave IV

Wow! I missed out on those deals. I had no idea about HLJ at that time. I just got my dream car around then and started using online forums for the first time. I was heavily into learning and talking about my car more than anything else so that explains how I missed the whole Yamato craze. Those prices definitely explain why the original Hi-Metal line couldn't make it though. Who would want those, especially without the supporting mecha they have in HMR now if they could get Yammies for about the same price or less?

17. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

heh!

I paid 6860y before shipping on my 1/60v2 Hikaru-1S without FP back in '08 to hlj, it seems. The strike-pack version was the usual 12160y before shipping, but it went oos quickly during po.

That said, looking thru my old hlj-stuff, I paid 7750y for the 1/60 Defender shipped (item was 6370y + 1380y for shipping) in '09.

In contrast, the new smaller HMR Defender is 6460y before shipping at hlj during po just the other day...

:throw 

18. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice. I remember my friends getting 1/48s for about $70 shipped back in the day. And they were getting that kind of pricing regularly.

Not even the new KOs of the 1/60s are that cheap. Sucks.

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Man remember when the unarmed VF-1's went on sale at HLJ on the regular? GLORIOUS. $60 TV SKULL 1 YES PLEASE. Also the cannon fodder VF-1 by Yamato in V2 1/60 has an awesome paint job. They were so freaking close to making the entire SDF VF-1 onscreen lineup.

I remember the 1/48 being a huge game changer. Heh I also remember Yamato defending their original 1/60 by saying the transformation was canon.

Messer is a must, my favorite Delta character and his valk has dual relevance as his and Hayate's for most of the series.

Hayate barely did anything in his last valk. Hope bandai just releases a sticker sheet for his last 31J. It's just his with a new knight logo and red/black trim. Hell I don't even know if I would get it. I don't even think it's combat relevant, it was probably just decked that way to look special for the last episode. That last episode was underwhelming. The ending for Delta overall was disappointing.

I should've bought the Yamato Destroids.

What I loved about Yamato was that nothing was scarce during their initial production runs.

It was only after Max/Milia didn't get reissued in V2 1/60 and Yamato went bankrupt that stuff shot up on the secondary way high.

I remember a time where noone could get rid of Kakizaki, the 1/48 Max/Milia/Stealth 1J's, Max/Milia/Gamlin 22S', et al
    Hah the KO's have a high chance of absolutely sucking in quality. If Yamato themselves couldn't even fix the cracked shoulder hinge issue well after Focker/Hikaru releases were already out, what more for this company knocking them off?

20. Slave IV

The last episode Hayate Valk is a combination of his and Messer's colors with a different emblem. Can't do that well with a sticker sheet and I doubt anyone would want to ghetto sticker their Messer to make the last episode Hayate instead of just buying a readily made one.

As for the KO's we shall see. The KO companies have been doing a stellar job of improving MPs lately.