The Lugnut Supremes...uhh, what exactly are they?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by realCliffjumper, May 23, 2009.

1. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so this really confused me. They keep calling the Lugnut Supremes clones...that I understand. They were made from protoforms molded in the same molds as thier original. Makes sense.

But who's clones are they? They were built to look like Omega Supreme, so they must be his clones.

But when Lugs brought them online, they took his face. Does the common face make the clone, or the common body? Starscream'c clones (ignoring the infinately convoluted genetic monstrocity that is Femmescream) share both a face and a body with the original. So then, what was different in this cloning process versus the Omega cloning process?

I remember that the protoforms had to scan Omega in order to finish activating, so that must be when they get a bit of the original's personality. So Starscream's clones must have scanned him the same way and the fragments gave them life. Fair enough, okay.

But here is where it gets trickey...even with a spark, the original Omega couldn't operate without the activation codes. Obviously, the clones would need it too, in order to come online. But, when Omega imprinted on Ratchet, he didn't assume his face...he already had one. Was it a result of the newly-protoformed status of the Lugnut Supremes that allowed them to adopt Lugnut's face? Or was it that because the Security Patch was missing, they couldn't fully activate the sparks of thier own and just automatically adjusted by becoming extensions of Lugnut's conciousness? Or maybe they didn't talk but they actually did have personalities...

By considering all this, I have come up with several conclusions:
    -The Lugnut Supremes are clones of Omega Supreme, and somehow, wireing Lugnut into Omega Supreme gave him the ability to issue orders...and those Lugnut Supremes just didn't feel like talking, but they had personalities. That means that OP and the gang just murdered three (basically innocent) infants.
    -There still isn't any reason why those Lugnut Supremes assumed Lugsy's face. Other than that they look cool. Which is one of the few acceptable reasons in my book. At least it wasn't to sell a retool..................
    -Starscream apparently was very lonely, becuase he would have had to partially construct a female clone body, knowing the whole time what he was dong. It was no accident. He just wanted some arm-candy.

Can anyone else make sense of all this? Because I surely can't and my brain really hurts right now. And don't even try to make sense of Femmescream. It is a fruitless effort. Though I did figure out her name: Plotdeviceatron.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    All I know is that 'Lugnut Supreme' sounds like a kind of pizza.

3. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Femmescream had the same armor as any of the Starscream Clones, but her protoform filled it in differently, I believe. The Allspark shard had the... ahem... feminine aspects of Starscream's personality imprinted on it- affecting the protoform's development.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Arcee had activation code for Omega Supreme.

As we learned in Transwarped, she transferred the information to Ratchet. It was encrypted. Think of it like getting an uber .zip file that will self-execute when in the right computer, but you can't open the .zip file ... only the computer that made the .zip can do it as well as the computer it was written for.

Ratchet just transferred the appropriate files to Omega Supreme, which then self-executed, and he came online.

The Decepticons were unable to extract the original files from Arcee, so they did what she did to Ratchet to Lugnut and, with tampering on the clones they built, Lugnut would have the ability to control the clones. But since they were clones, he had to do it from a central location ...or basically Omega Supreme.

After Arcee transferred the file to Lugnut, she was no longer needed. But Omega Supreme was needed to actually control the clones. Once he came back online, Lugnut's connection to the clones were severed. However, since they had the same "shard" of the AllSpark that Starscream had, he was able to manipulate them or whatever to "have a bomb zomg!".

Confusing, wasn't the best story-telling, but what can you expect?

5. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the Allspark fragments came out of Omega Supreme's spark chamber... That's why Megatron blasted him.

6. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

So by doing dong he came up with a Female?

:) 

J/K

your reasoning seems sound, but I think you missed thepoint. the cloning process is sparkless.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I personally think that Starscream lied about the cloning process to Megatron to have the bombs installed and the subroutines programmed as though it was an essential part of the process.

Basically, Starscream figured he'd get slagged after Megatron was done with him so he made sure to incorporate a little surprise into the clones under the guise of an essential component to stabilize the cloning process / compensate for the lack of Spark.

The real question is, if Processor over Matter could pull an Allspark fragment out of Starscream, why didn't it work on the Lugnut Supremes? Tougher armour? No exposed, open wound on their foreheads? Just far enough away that the P over M didn't exert enough of a pull?

8. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Both good points that I hadn't thought of. That whole "open wound on the head" thing sounds very very plausible. That makes a heck of a lot of sense actually, I am sure that is the actual reason.