The lowest ground clearance

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

What is the transformer whose vehicle mode has the lowest ground clearance of them all? Anything under 1mm is probably worth a mention.

I've been building mechs from Robot Wars as Transformers, currently working on TF's based on the pusher robots (similar to Tornado, but not quite) and also many flipper customs (so think Thermidor 2 style robot, except less lobster-y) and I want to know what machines could be useful as a base to build a robot whose vehicle could easily withstand flippers and pushers. That means low ground clearance (for a rectangle, at least 3 sides out of 4 should be very low to the ground) and a wedge shape.

Obviously, the criteria I really want to know is Ground Clearance, since wedges can easily be identified from pictures. For instance, with PCC Heavytread, the sides are low to the ground (being just the treads) but the front is ridiculously high and easy to get under. I ended up placing many styrene panels on mine to alter that, I'll post the results when I'm done. I want to know what vehicles have a ground clearance of 1mm or less, and obviously need to be land based (sorry, Screamer and co don't count, nor should they anyways given their landing gear).

Current toys I'm thinking of/have coming:

Animated Arcee, for the wedged shape of the car mode
    Dragstrip DOTM, may be a shoddy toy from what I hear, but a low to the ground racer nonetheless.
    Dragstrip SE, obviously, it's a race car and a really low wedged one at that.

Any more?

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Rodimus, obviously.

ROTF Sideswipe [first version].

3. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    G1 Guzzle. Most people end up scratching the chest. Actually the prototype had wheels on it to prevent it from happening. Dunno why they removed them

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Roddy actually has quite high clearance at the front, no? Seems like there's a pretty large area at the front. [/serious argument against sarcastic response]

Also, I'd kinda prefer molds that have articulation. That kinda...well, rules out 99% of G1.