The Lord of the Rings Online

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bumblebee765, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, I just signed up for this MMO game, and I was looking for a thread on it but couldn't find one, so I made this one! My character is Ellinwar, and I'm a level 11 elf hunter. I usually frequent the Vilya world. If anybody wants to meet up with me and do any quests just ask! :) 

2. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

I haven't played that game in a looooong time. I'm pretty sure all of my characters were on Vilya, too... I guess I'll try it out again. Will post my character names when/if I can access my old account.

3. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Still playing after two years. Love Riders of Rohan and the war-steed combat!

4. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Send me a link please. I'll start playing it once I can get on a computer.

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
  6. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

I'll try it. Signed up, wait download? FFFFFFFFFFFFF

7. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Sigh. I haven't updated the client since... July? Due to BS bandwidth limits, I might have to wait until I can access free wifi somewhere.

And no, I never did find my old account. Guess I'll just create a new one.

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Has anybody else ever had issues with sound? I don't mean actually in-game, but with the sound coming out of your computer. My speakers work fine; I'm using them right now, and so do my headphones, but for some reason when I start up the game the game sound doesn't come out. Does anybody have any suggestions to remedy this?

Edit: Also, the Yule Festival is going on from December 17th to January 1st! I've already gotten some nice new wintry/Christmas items! :D  Now, to save up tokens for that Yule steed...

Edit 2: Never mind! I figured it out!

9. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I keep thinking they should update the Yule Festival story somehow. Right now it's the eeeeeeeevil rich mayor vs. the poor oppressed workers (Occupy Winter-Home?), and it would be fun to have a different scenario next time around. Have the townsfolk running things or something, I don't know. I did have a lot of fun with the fact that you could run both the quests to hand out coins to the beggars and to run them out of town. :ev: 

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Does anybody know how to get the game's sound to come out of headphones instead of the computer's speakers? It used to, but now it doesn't for some reason... (It's probably not the game, but the computer, but I figured this was the best place to ask. :wink: )

11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, completely ignore my last post about sound: it's been good for a while now! :lol  Anybody else have fun at the Spring Festival? My cousin and I were running around the maze quite a lot! :lol  I think I managed to do all but two of the festival quests: Bullroarer's Challenge - Advanced (I could hardly do the regular one on time! :lol ), and the one where you had to stomp the giant shrew. :eek: 
    Also, those Hobbit Presents are great! I've gotten a really nice helmet and some equally nice gloves from two of them, and from others I've gotten some other really great items! :D 

12. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, Helm's Deep came out today. I was a bit upset I wasn't able to get the horse from the Bounder's Bounty (I even had 975 tokens!), but I'll get over it. These new trait trees sound like they'll be annoying, but I haven't logged on yet (still updating), so I guess I'll find out soon enough. From what I'm reading though it sounds like they butchered the Hunter (which is my main class), though I will say that class was a bit overpowered. Some of the new skills sound pretty cool at least, and I love that I won't need traveling rations for travel skills anymore. :D