The logic for an eventual new character.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Darkfall, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Darkfall

Darkfall Savior of Shadows

The Decepticons will always have the Autobots outnumbered, since they have the waves of nameless Vehicons. And that is probably how the writers want it, as everything is more heroic if you are outnumbered. That aside though, there seems to be an attempt at least in balance among the named characters. Each corresponds either in type, history, or rivalry with someone on the other side.

Optimus - Megatron Leaders, with a history together
    Ratchet - Soundwave Non-warriors who Can fight when called for
    Bumblebee - Knockout High speed warriors (most recent episode illustrates)
    Bulkhead-Breakdown Large brawlers again with a history.
    Arcee - Airachnid Ninja-like female bots again with a history.
    Wheeljack - Skyquake Asskickers who stick around for all of one episode.

This of course leaves Starscream with no counterpart. It seems like there are at least two directions you could go with this.

1. Give the Autobots some air support and introduce Jetfire, since in some continuities he has had history with Starscream.
    2. Introduce Ultra Magnus as he has in at least one continuity tried to overtake Optimus.

Of the two I think a Prime Jetfire would make for the best character/figure potential.

2. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I'd love to have Jetfire/Skyfire on the show if only for more insight in Starscream's past. Or to dig up different emotions from him, not only scheming and plotting, give him some internal conflict or something he can care about other than himself.

3. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Very interesting point.

Autobot had Cliffjumper, he a little overconfident like Starscream. Could he had been Starscream's counterpart.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that Starscream has a history with Soundwave. Think about it Soundwave prety much keeps Starscream in line and Starscream sees him as a sort of rival.

5. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

A TFP Jetfire would be cool.

Two comments on your list, though:
    - I think Wheeljack is meant to return at some point, so that one-episode parallel with Skyquake will eventually be gone.
    - And then Dreadwing will debut sometime soon, and if he isn't a completely un-"Shadowzone"-ed and revived Skyquake, he'll need an Autobot counterpart or rival, too. Otherwise, I guess he could stay against Wheeljack in that list.

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Starscream doesn't need a counterpart. He's a brilliant character in his own right.

7. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I think.

While I feel you are on to something and that Stracream needs a counterpart, I dont see it being a Jet type Autobot. But Screamer is at times big headed and self obsorbed right as well as a loner/rouge type. Who for the Autobots fits this persona? Id say Ironhide for sure. In G1 how many times did Ironhide get himself into trouble because of his big headedness? In many other incarnations Ironhide was more or a rouge type as well. And even in the movies and games, Ironhide seemed to be Screamers counterpart. Just my 2 cents.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually want Prowl and Barricade to show up as rivals in this show. Especially since we already have designs for them which fit the Prime aesthetic (from the MMO)

And Starscream is pretty much neutral now, so I don't think he needs a rival.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Good analysis.

I agree with TFP-Jetfire, specially if it is a ROTF-Inspired one.

10. s_cren

s_cren Banned

The discripton says a autobot returns to earth so the autobot has been to earth before so im thinking its the wheeljack comes back to earth