The like/deslike thread (keep it civil)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jul 22, 2011.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

In topic form. What are your like/dislikes in each series?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In G1 I like the high concept but the extreme camp and just plain bad plots annoy me.
    In Beast Wars I love the entire thing, and I dislike that it was followed by Beast Machines.
    In Animated I liked the setting they were building but dislike the aesthetics.
    In Prime I like everything but dislike that the toys are not out yet.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

In G1, I like it gave us Optimus Prime. I disliked they killed the cast in the movie

In Prime I like the characters and the action. I dislike the environments seem a bit devoid of life.

In Animated, I liked Megatron, Lugnut, Sari (post Upgrade), Captain Fanzone, Lockdown. I disliked (very much) Bumblebee, the lack of weaponized Autobots, the Dinobots being made into jokes, human villains and the fact the bots got their asses kicked nearly every time.

4. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I like everything about prime (for me it's the closest thing we have to "perfect")
    and I dislike just about everything that has to do with the unicron trilogy television series, the toys I like but just about everything of the three shows I dislike

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Beast Wars: I loved the entire series, just wish the first season was a bit better.
    Beast Machines: I liked the series, just wish we could had seen how it all took place before the Maximals showed up. Along with wishing some Predacons were around and unit with the Maximals to free Cybertron.
    Animated: Loved the series, just wish there would had been no goofy bad humans. Also wish season four would had happen in some shape.
    Prime: Love the series, just hate how stupid some humans can be.

6. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    G1 likes: makes me feel good on inside.
    G1 dislikes: not enough times spent really developing characters, but they DID leave a mark ...
    Beast Wars likes: the look, the feel, the intertwining of old school.
    Beast Wars dislikes: too few characters, animals were diverse enough for me.
    Beast Machines likes: finally a series that takes place solely on cybertron, AND a megatron who took COMPLETE control over planet.
    Beast Machines dislikes: how it looked. PERIOD.

Headmasters likes: no human pilots. Raiden.
    Headmasters dislikes: changed characters too much.
    Masterforce likes: God Ginrai, the pretenders. a mass production model cybertronian. (kind poseden)
    Masterforce dislikes: human pilots.
    Victory likes: the whole series were very enjoyable!
    Victory dislikes: Deszaras' alt mode.
    Zone likes: not much to say here ...
    Zone dislikes: what? becoming a base is a power up?

RiD likes: fortress maximus returned, omega prime.
    RiD dislikes: wished they remaster ruination/bruticus to be more articulated as far as toys go and if i had a bit more plot ...

Armada likes: minicons. unicron. semi more developed characters.
    Armada dislikes: blockformers. while they do make alot of homages ... not enough or good enough.

Energon likes: return of scramble city combiners. war wasnt started by decepticons. unicron used for a somewhat good purpose, but fail, homages were excuted better. enjoyed the hidden things on cybertron too. oh! while not well done, scramble city combiners better excuted.
    Energon dislikes: Rodimus Prime was generic. Bulkhead wasnt triple changer. what happened to my awesome cell animation?

Cybertron likes: the plot was interesting enough. had things going on before story really began. space travel. all in all not bad.
    Cybertron dislikes: i didnt mind the keys, you know for the planets, sorta like a key to vector sigma thing, but the "Cyber key POWA!!!" stuff grew a bit old.

Prime likes: reasobale enough plot, seems to be going somewhere.
    Prime dislikes: ... the look and the heavy human influence.

Animated likes: seemed like it had okay story.
    Animated dislikes: i couldnt bare to look at my transformers in "teen titan" form. i refuse to buy an Animated Toy. the girl, until she ... became a beastwars referance. how they did black aracnia. the lateral combiners .... not for TF.

7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

G1

I love the toys, the tech specs, the comics and the cartoon pilot and movie.

I dislike the silliness like Kremzeek, Primacron, the annoying small combiner toys.

Beast Wars

I love the cartoons, comics(including Universe) and toys.

I dislike the Maximize and Terrorise commands, Rattrap and Quickstrike.

Animated

I love most of the series and the characteristions.

I hate the human villains, Soundwave and the Constructicons.

Prime

I like almost everything.

I dislike the kid genius.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sticking mainly with cartoon series and avoiding toys:

G1:
    like: All the pioneering stuff that nearly every following series built upon. The third season tried to get 'deeper'.
    dislike: Big cast makes for lots of shallow characters. Especially annoying are the second-season bots built around verbal affectations.

BW:
    like: Tighter cast affords greater character depth, and great characters in general. Has a nice sci-fi feel to it.
    dislike: Occasional poor balance between humor and drama. First season was weakest. This series had an annoying penchant for dispelling an insurmountable "to be continued" cliffhanger in the first ten seconds of the second part.

BM:
    like: A step up in animation/rendering/visual mood from BW. Had a rather epic overall storyline.
    dislike: Took itself more seriously than BW, and seemingly less entertaining as a result. Developed too slowly early on.

RiD:
    like: Silly, goofy, anime fun. Sky-byte is enjoyable. Dub has many legacy references.
    dislike: Silly, goofy, anime fun is a double-edged sword.

Armada:
    like: The series got stronger and deeper toward the end (with greater Unicron involvement)
    dislike: The show started off very weak, repetitive, and inane. The kids were annoying (especially Fred) and the animation was mediocre in near-all but the first and last episodes.

Energon:
    like: Strong start, with good potential in characters and environment.
    dislike: It just got worse. Interesting characters were gutted in one sense or another, the CGI was terrible, Kicker was a pain in the ass, and the storyline really ended a dozen or more episodes before the series ended.

Cybertron:
    like: More consistent than the previous two series in writing and tone. Several interesting (if shallow) characters. The human kids were less bothersome than those from Armada or Energon.
    dislike: CGI looked nice, but was not expressive. The story dragged in spots, especially the racing planet arc. I got tired of the "burning anime willpower beats anything!" stuff really fast.

Animated:
    like: The style, tone, and humor grew on me over time. Great characters and references for the fans. More thought was put into worldbuilding than is apparent on the surface. It's the series that I genuinely liked the human characters.
    dislike: Characters like Sari and Bumblebee don't learn from their mistakes for plot reasons. Season arcs all work in a 'filler that builds to the season ending big problem' format. I wish the Dinobots got to be more than big guard dogs for the baddie of the week (Snarl sorta did.) The animation could have been better for a lot of episodes.

Prime:
    Too early for a good assessment, but so far I like the characters and "movie-verse lite" tone. It's also the first series in a long time to match/beat Beast Wars and Beast machines for expressive CGI animation.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    G1
    Like: pretty much everything up until the post-movie toys, episodes & comics
    Dislike: the admittedly bad writing and often contradictory stories, lack of continuity, the final stages of the series where everything became gimmicky something-"master", pretender, etc. nonsense.

Beast Wars/Beast Machines/RID/Armada/Cybertron/Energon
    Like: not a single thing other than they're all now done & over with
    Dislike: everything

Animated
    Like: the animation, the designs, the voice acting and all the G1 references & nods
    Dislike: the kiddy element with retarded human villains and the fact that it got cancelled prematurely

Prime
    Like: so far, the toy designs... and that Cullen & Welker are back doing Prime & Megs
    Dislike: I find the show itself extraordinarily boring and many characters are too much of a departure from their usual namesakes

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Beast era
    i like beast wars
    i dislike most transmetals designs
    i like megatons point of view in beast machines.
    R.I.D
    i dislike that i never seen R.I.D.
    animated
    i like animated
    i dislike that we never got a season 4
    Prime
    i like tf prime
    i dislike the hub because it not a common channel
    i dislike how optimus prime has no screen time in tf prime
    bayformers
    i like the movies
    i dislike how all the cool character in the movies have the no screen time or dies
    unicron tri
    i dislike the whole unicorn trilogy
    G1
    i like g1 look and toys
    i dislike that there not much story and it basically a 30 min toy commercial

11. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

G1
    Like the toys and the classics. Season 1 and 2.
    Disliked most of Season 3/4 and how they killed off a lot of original characters.

Beast Wars
    Loved the CGI then.
    Disliked how it just wasn't vehicles and stuff, but I guess that is why it was called Beast wars.

Prime

Like it.
    Dislike how there are so little characters. Wish there was more.

Bayformers
    Like how they are in the big screen. Familiars like Peter Cullen.
    Dislike everything about the humans.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    G1:
    like:The Characters, the designs. Tis the heart of all Transformers.
    dislike: lack on in cartoon origins for many characters post season 1.
    BW:
    like: The Cartoon, The feel, and the emotions.
    dislike: the failure of a number of the non show Fuzors.

BM:
    like: The ideas behind the show, Cheetor's maturing.
    dislike: that the show failed of its promise, the toy Inaccuracy.

RiD:
    like: Cars came back! the return of Fort max.
    dislike: Anime issues, that @#$#@! Drop test fail.

Armada:
    like: The story , and the look and many of the figures. Minicons!
    dislike:The kids.

Energon:
    like: good story, interesting premise. Good Decepticon figures.
    dislike: Kicker!!!!!!, Powerlinx Autobots XD

Cybertron:
    like: Cyberkey gimmicks for the most part. Primus!!!! good story at first.
    dislike: CGI was a little weak, Kids again. bad Cyberkey Gimmicks

Animated:
    like: Everything! Sari, the writing, the look the toys!
    dislike: that it got cut short. some of the human villains, The Dinobots being bigger morons than G1.

Prime:
    Too early to judge .

Movies: like: its entertaining Dislikes: the movie aesthetic becoming so prominent in the figures.

13. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

G1

Likes: Most of the characters, TFTM, being unintentionally hilarious at points, the voice acting, the Marvel Comics series
    Dislikes: it's numerous continuity errors, season 3 being a disappointment

Beast Wars

Likes: The characters, story, humor, the toyline, the voice acting, the show itself
    Dislikes: most of the characters in the toyline didn't make appearances in the show

Beast Machines

Dislikes: atrocious character designs, character derailment, Nightscream, crappy toyline

RiD

Dislikes: Too goofy, overuse of stock footage

Armada

Likes: Sideways, Starscream, Mini-Cons, the Unicron Battles episodes, brought back Unicron, the Dreamwave comic series
    Dislikes: The first dozen episodes, the rushed dub and animation, the humans (especially Carlos and Fred), some of the toys are bricks

Energon

Likes: Um, it brought back Scramble City combiners and there were some nice homages
    Dislikes: Poorly thought out story, one-dimensional characters, sub-par CGI, Kicker, most of the Autobot toys were pretty lame, dub is as rushed as Armada's, terrible pacing, overuse of stock footage, the Dreamwave series is unfinished thanks to Pat Lee and his massive ego and irresponsibility with money.

Cybertron

Likes: that the dub is more consistent than Armada and Energon, the toyline
    Dislikes: the fact it's shoehorned into the Unicron Trilogy continuity, overuse of stock footage.

Animated

Likes: The toyline, the story, the characters, the homages to previous Transformers series, the voice acting. Hell, everything.
    Dislikes: It ended too soon

Prime

Likes: The upcoming toyline, some of the characters, it's well-written
    Dislikes: Optimus is pretty boring so far, Bumblebee is mute, being shoehorned with WfC

Bayformers

Dislikes: the fact it focuses more on Sam than the Transformers, the cluster-fuck character designs, poorly thought out plots, Skids & Mudflap, the unfunny humor, the plot-holes that puts G1 to shame, inane characters, The Fallen, Megatron and Starscream being pushovers.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    G1: Like: Establishes The whole Concept, Brought the Gimmicks that would forever change the fandom. Charecters like optimus Prime and Megatron became Immortalized forever. The 1986 Movie in General (Best writing, awesome charecter development) wished they had done the work used in 86 Movie for every episode. Optimsu Prime being the Hero to Children everywhere. Marvel Comics making Shockwave a badass...well Marvel Comics in General.

Dislike: The Writing, Take off the 80's glasses there's honestly not much going for it, it is overrated in almost everyway...Seriously.

Beast Wars: Like: It actually adds to G1 when it came to the Ark, The Nemesis, The Golden Disks, excellent charecterization such as Dinobot, Megatron, Cheetor, Blackarachinda and Tarantulas. The Voice acting is amazing, Great CGI and It made you love both sides fighting the war.

Dislike: Transmutate, The only thing that honestly pisses me off about Beast Wars. Dark Gl;ass never being made as a episode.

Beast Machines: Like: They had the balls to make the show dark, Megatron was evil, Loved how Cheetor evolved and Jetstorm.

Dislike: How Optimus Primal became a hippie, Silverbolt and Nightscream.

RID: Like: Brings backs Autobots and sorta the Decepticons, The Charecters of Scourge and Skybyte. Rail Racer A Train Combiner, The Fact it was dubbed by the people who dubbed Digimon which in turns made the show cheesy fun.

Dislike: At the times the show was quite dull, Neil Kaplan's Optimus Prime is just boring as hell and teh Megatron of the show is the worst Megatron ever, seriously if he can transform into all those things why does he let his idiot minions do all the work while he sits at home watching reruns of the young and the restless. Sideburn the Pervert, Everyone's voice sounding robotic, Re-editing after 9/11.

Armada: Like Fully Brings back Autobots and Decepticons, The Charecters of Starscream, Wheeljack, Red Alert, Hot Shot, Jetfire and Megatron. Brought back Unicron as the show's main antagonist. Also trying to be a reboot for Transformers.

Dislike: Most of the Toys (being all Bricks and whatnot), The Rushed Script for the show, The humans charecters, The whole gimmick is finding the Minicons, Takara ignoring Aaron Archer, The Charecter of Thrust.

Energon: Like only Rodimus, Arcee, Superion Maximus, Hot Shot, Bruticus Maximus, Shockwave, Inferno Early Demolisher and Shockwave not really anyone else. That episode Distribtion (Happy 500 episode of Transformers)

Dislike: The awkwardness of the CGI, The Horendous Scripts and writings, The Powerlinking Gimmick, Alpha Q, Kicker, Energon Ironhide, The Fact their was really no point to the show infact they repeated the same plot a few times. The Fact i thought it was a awesome show when i was 10 years old. Thank the Lord i grew up. The Look of Fatimus Prime. :lol  Wheeljack's homage not called Wheeljack sometimes called Cliffjumper. The Show fails in almost everything. The Fact the Energon Toys shelfwarmed bad during it's run.

Cybertron: Liked it's added a new member to the original 13 Transformers as Vector Prime, The Charecters Designs, The Charecters alot actually, The Whole Gimmick of the show I think the Cyber Key Gimmick is a awesome gimmick most didn't ruin the toys figures, The Dub having a lot effort put in much like RID. This Megatron being really evil, The Different worlds visited such as Gignation, Velocitron and Animatron. Ransack and Crumplezone. The Final Battle Between Prime and Megatron and the shows endings was amazing. The Fact that Primus is revealed as the Planet of Cybertron.

Disliked: The Excessive use of the Cyber Key Power Phrase and Stock footage Transfomation it really gets broing in the Galaxy Force Version, Thundercracker and Backstop nuff said, Sometimes the Purple and Yellow Explosions look weird. The Fact the Race took to damn long and barely skimmed through Planet X.

Animated: Liked: The Fact the show seemed like the best reboot yet. The Charecter of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bulkhead, Shockwave, Ratchet, Lockdown. It added new Charecters like Bulkhead, Lugnut, Lockdown, Slipstream and Sentinel Prime. The fact they had to balls to cast David Kaye as Optimus Prime. The Truth about SARI, It was a twist that left us guessing for months. The Angry Archer is Win, Getting Lance Henrisken, Fred Willard, and Weird Al to voice Transformers is awesome. The Fact every episode was fan-wanky as hell and yet brought up new story ideas and concepts. The Fatc Ultra Magnus was in charge of the Autobots. I love the Charecters designs. Brining back G1 Voice actors to reprise roles was awesome. The Episode of Lost Found makes Lugnut and Blitzwing the new popular Duo in Town. The Fact Derrick J. Wyatt was as a big of a Transfomer fans like us, he knew and understood what we wanted.

Disliked: Cancelled after Season 3, Cancelled Toys, The Human Villains but i guess your suppossed to not like them i mean they were created as additional enemies to fight Autobots so taking them down was easier before the Decepticons appear. Things kept getting set up but a lot of stuff didn't get to deliver. Bumblebee was somewhat annoying and Sentinel Prime nuff said.

Prime: Liked: The Darker tone the show has, The CGI, The Chyarecter of Arcee, The Fact the Rock got to voice a Transformer. A really evil Starscream. It's what Bayformer shoudl of been. Miko is fun and Jack is a stronger Human partner than others we've seen. Agent Fowler is a badass Mofo. The fact they brought in the Wreckers, Dark Energon Zombies. They hint at Unicron's return.

Disliked: Continuity between this, WFC and Exodus. Optimus Prime (He's so lifeless compared to Animated, i blame the writing and not Cullen), Bumblebee not having a charecter due to him talking like R2D2, Bulkhead is a Jerk. Raf has no charecter aside from beign the team's tech head. Lack of new Transformers appearing for a bit. I would liek a new Autobot and Decepticon appear by Season 1's finale or get new charecter for Season 2. It;'s still early to tell.

15. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    G1 Likes: All the characters had personality even if they were only briefly developed. The Amimation dispite some coloring and inking mistakes. The Movie dispite the killing sprees on both sides.
    G1 Dislikes: Stories were aimed for kids and don't hold up well over time. Continuity out the window.

BW/MW/RID/Armada/Energon/Cybertron: I lump these all together because I dismissed them only after a few episodes each. I may revisit them again sometime.

Bayverse Likes: It did a lot to bring Transformers back into the spotlight and garner new fans.
    Bayverse Dislikes: The bots look like they are about to fall apart all the time. I find it hard to connect with the Autobots as characters because they pretty much remain in the background the whole time. Sam Witwicky, he was acceptable in the first one but got douchier as the movies progressed. Assinine and unnecessary comedy interludes throughout the series (Humping dogs, Hairy Simmons' asses, etc...). General bad Bay storytelling. Bay is good at eye-candy but he can't tell a story to save his life. Lucky for him this country eats that up.

Animated Likes: I have to admit at first I was put off by the aestetics and it was after playing with one of the toys and realizing it looked just like what was on screen I was very impressed and decided to give the show a shot. I'm very happy I did. It's actually topped G1 as my favorite TF incarnation.
    Animated Dislikes: It's over...

Prime Likes: Good bot personalities drawing you into the story. Faces you can connect with. Bulkhead (Come on. What's not to like about the big lug?). Arcee is acknowledged as a kick-ass warrior finally!
    Prime Dislikes: Bumblebee needs to speak! I hate you Bay for creating this precedent!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

G1
    Dislikes: seasons 1-2. Every episode seemed to be the same. Decepticons steal energy, autobots stop them. Repeat.

A/E/C
    Dislike.

Prime:
    While Im not crazy about the look and style of the characters but it's not bad either. The writing is spectacular! Much better than any other series.

G1 + prime writers would be amazing!

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1
    - Likes - The toys, comics (Marvel and DW) and the movie. Also, minor point, but I liked the creative weapon descriptions in the bios. Characters now just seem to have generic lasers and missiles, rather than things like null rays, fusion cannons, glass gas, slime shooters, shrapnel launchers, etc.
    - Dislikes - The cartoon had some good episodes but, for the most part, was absolutely terrible. IDW has completely bungled their handling of the comic franchise and deserves to have the license yanked.

BW
    - Likes - Best show in the history of the franchise, excellent writing and great characters.
    - Dislikes - Toy line was mediocre in the beginning. Conclusion of the show was rushed and needed a couple more episodes.

BM
    - Likes - Good show that took some risks. Many of the Vehicon toys were decent.
    - Dislikes - Show threw out a lot of the characterization from BW and didn't pick up until they dropped the amnesia and struggling to transform plots. Awful Maximal toys.

Armada
    - Likes - Minicons (as separate figures), the comics, many of the larger toys, Unicron toy and the second half of the cartoon.
    - Dislikes - First half of the cartoon is weak, the kids are some of the most annoying human characters in TF mythos.

Energon
    - Likes - One of my favorite toylines, especially the Decepticon figures and combiners. Also liked the Energon weapons gimmick.
    - Dislikes - Worst cartoon in the history of the franchise, many of the Autobot figures are weak, comic series unfinished.

Cybertron
    - Likes - Plenty of great molds, and very few missteps, in the toyline. Gimmicks generally unobtrusive.
    - Dislikes - Cartoon isn't terrible, but was too dragged out. Planet Keys is one of my least favorite gimmicks ever.

Movies
    - Likes - I really like the Movie aesthetic and think it was the breath of fresh air the franchise needed. CGI and action in the films has been very impressive and the movies are generally enjoyable. Many excellent toys in all three lines, with Human Alliance a particular highlight.
    - Dislikes - Weak writing in all three films. Introduced the most annoying human character in the franchise (Leo) and three characters who could easily be in the top ten most annoying TFs (Skids, Mudflap, Wheelie).

Animated
    - Likes - Excellent cartoon, second only to Beast Wars. Introduced one of the best 'human' characters in the franchise (Sari). Unique aesthetic that hadn't been done before in TFs and carried over to the toys surprisingly well. Many good figures in the line.
    - Dislikes - Fanwank got overwhelming at times in the cartoon. Third season of the show, and several figures, still unreleased.

Prime
    - Likes - Very good animation and voice work in the cartoon. Writing is decent.
    - Dislikes - Writing is only decent and the show isn't holding my interest very well, compared to previous series. Twenty episodes in, the plot should have picked up a lot more by now. Cartoon hasn't added anything unique to the franchise and is still just a mish-mash of elements that worked from previous shows. While Animated borrowed a lot from prior series, it also added plenty of twists and new angles. Prime hasn't done that, yet.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011