The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of getting the newer Death Star since I never got one.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the extra cash or should I just pick the previous one and be done with it?

2. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

I heard that you get the new Han Solo and......that's it. So 100 extra dollars for one mini figure is o_O . But it my opinion. :) 

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    All of the minifigures are nicer, but it actually detracts from the original design slightly. If you can find the okder one for a good price then sure, if not then just get the new one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got done putting the general grevious figure together. Damn he is huge! He is the third one of the lego build figures i own. Grevious, K2SO, and First Order Trooper. In comparison the trooper is tiny. He was my first and i was unimpressed. It wasn't until I saw Rogue One i decided to get another. Had to have a K2SO figure. Built it that day and really liked it. Got Grevious for Christmas. He was fun. But my god he is massive! Worth having.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback - both sets are similarly priced in my country with the older set being marginally cheaper.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the new one. While very similar, it is better. The Emperor's throne room is better constructed and Vader's tie Fighter is better too. The minifigures are vastly improved. It would cost you a lot more to update the minifigs then to buy the new one. This design of both sets is about the minifigs, so I would get the one with the best.

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I saw the Penguin Arctic Roller today at a Target. Only saw 1, it rang up at $29.99. Didn't buy today but it is on my want list for sure, it looks sweet! Also saw the Riddler Roadster and also want to get that. The Riddler looks like Alex from A Clockwork Orange (well the head and hat at least).

8. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was my thought about the Riddler too. I think that is why I like his car, it had kind of a British-70s-mod feel too it IMO. I picked up and built the Arctic Roller last night. Reminds me of Captain Nemo's car from LXG. Really nicely done.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I've picked up Scuttler, Tail-Gator, Arctic Roller, and Clayface sets over the past week. Scuttler is easily my favorite, just a great looking set and great build. Clayface is great too, the way they achieved the look for him is something wholly unique but a lot of fun to build. Arctic Roller is a great $30 set too, but the minifig selection sucks. Tail-Gator is highway robbery for $70, but even then the truck has a lot of nice little features on it that still make it fun.

These LEGO Batman Movie sets are just a lot of fun period. I didn't even mention the awesome CMF wave with some of the best minifigs I've seen like vacation Batman or fairy Batman. Need to finish this wave off before the movie hits.

10. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

I got the Joker lowrider (love it!) and corner deli for Christmas. Also picked up a few more Batman minis yesterday at Target.
    I also saw the new movie sets with the exception of the Penguin set yesterday. I have some Target gift cards burning a hole in my pocket so that one is bought on sight. I almost grabbed the Riddler set for some reason couldn't pull the trigger, just didn't look like a $30 set to me. I know I will pick it up eventually though.
    Noticed lots of Nexo, Ninjago and Marvel clearance at Target. Nothing good enough for me to bite on yet though

11. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Found the LBM CMFs - nabbed lobster batman, robin (for the spray), and pencil man. Couldn't find a calculator or second lobster batman in my haste. Fortunately, I don't want most. Waiting for the duck innertube to be available without the mask on it.

Also, saw the movie sets sans penguin's and it was mighty hard to pass. Soon:) 

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or are the Lego IDEAS sets usually pretty lame. I guess I'm a bit of a purist: knights, pirates, Star Wars, LOTR are the only sets I like.

I just feel like each round has so many incredible designs, and they usually go with something so "bland". It's not that the sets themselves aren't cool, it's just that there were so many more interesting designs that reached that level. I think there's a massive disconnect with "votes=sales".

Is having a beatles yellow submarine cool? Sure, I guess if that's your thing. Is it cooler than the other designs? Not really.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    No luck in finding any Lego Batman Movie minifigures.

14. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The original Ecto-1, the Delorean, WALL-E, were all Ideas sets that I thought were phenomenal. Even the Birds were great.

15. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Picked up Clash of Heroes yesterday for 45$ before taxes, much better than the CND Asking price of 75$, planning on hitting up The LEGO Store today for some LEGO Batman movie sets, possibly some minifigs as they put them all out, and hopefully the freebie Batwing set. Will find out exactly what I'm getting when I get there.

EDIT: Heroes of Justice, the Batman v. Superman Batwing set, not the little dinky set, ugh, stupid names being so long they aren't easy to remember.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  16. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
  17. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Went back and was able to find a second lobster batman and a Calculator. I'm set on the figures now.

18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I just got my catalogue today. There's quite a few blind bags I'm excited to look for. And maybe the Riddler Roadster? Ugh. Damnit Lego.

19. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Also.. I forget their name but someone on here made an incredible Voltron set (amongst others).. I'd love to see Lego get the license and produce it.. But given playmates connection with megabloks, I don't see that happening which is a bummer.

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm just thinking about the Lego Batman movie minifigures. I would like the whole set, but I prefer that I have more Lobster Batman figures. Now on the first day of release, the Lego store limits to a whole set. So I believe 20 is the limit. I'm trying to decide what figures I should get first and which I can leave out for more Lobster Batman. Like Arkham Joker I can do without. The rest of the figures are so hard to debate with.