The LEGO Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boy who screams, Apr 20, 2008.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yay, Microfighter Y-Wing! OT/FA Microfighters are the only SW sets I buy anymore, and the Y-Wing (my favorite SW ship) has been a noticeable gap in that mini-collection for me.

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Holeeeeeeeeee shiiiiiiiiit.

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dang, looks like I was too slow. :( 

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

What other Microfighter sets are coming?

Same here :( 

5. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Ten sets for the Batman movie dang.

6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    How many did TLM have? I don't recall how they were broken down in terms of waves, but it had more than 10 for sure.

Edit: looking at brickset, it looks like there were about 20 excluding polys, most of which I recall as coming out early on.

7. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Oh I thought this was gonna be released in one big wave lol I guess that's why it took me by surprise. One set looks huge enough that it could be a UCS!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  8. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    How do you know this, are there images up?!?!?

9. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Thanks!

Was hoping a Microfighter Slave I was coming though, so boo on that.

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just as long as I can get a Lobster minifigure, I'll be good.

11. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    There are blank boxes at the top of the last image AP posted and you reposted;) .

12. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Derp

13. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    Hm. Weird. Trustable leakers on EB said that the 1st (yes, there will be also a summer wave) wave of TLBM should be 13 sets + CMF series.

14. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    There's also 2 Dimensions sets, so the "13 sets" may not all be in the Theme, strictly speaking.

15. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    The majority (if not all) of leakers look at (or get their info source from) the preliminary set catalog which is sent to retailers (medium-sized, not big chain stores) so that they can order the sets. (trust me on that one, I've seen them in person and even leaked the 2015 one).
    AFAIK I've never seen any Dimensions Fun/Team packs on any type of catalog LEGO has done, otherwise we might have actually gotten a leak of the upcoming packs.

16. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You da man! :D  Thanks!
    Those battlepacks look pretty sweet (though I'm not a huge fan of that walker in the Imperial one), and I can't wait to get some better views of those new bendy arms. Hopefully it means either a Mr. Fantastic, or new Plastic Man are in the near future.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Bah. Series sixteen of the Minifigures is annoying me. I only need two more but the place I usually buy them from where the guy behind the counter has a phenomenal hit rate when it comes to feeling out the packets can't get any more stock in. And yet my local Tesco is showing off by having six boxes out at once.
    You'd think feeling out the guy in the penguin suit (three per case) would be easy but he just evades me every time. And the cyborg woman with the blue hair too. She's apparently three per case, but I went through an entire new case in the shop and still couldn't identify her through the bag. Did they really need five banana guys per case when he's so easy to feel out?

Thing is there's only so long you can stand there feeling packets before staff start hanging around thinking you're a shoplifter. You'd think they'd never encountered Minifigure bag-massagers before. Eventually you reach that point where you just grab any old packet, pay and leave hoping random chance might yield success.
    Anyway, if I get one more damn babysitter figure...

On a more positive Minifigure post, I discovered this below while sorting through a load of loose Lego I bought recently from a car boot sale:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Cyborg girl is easy...The big shoulder pads are a dead giveaway.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's what I keep hearing/reading, but when I think I've identified the shoulder pads and get the packet home they turn out to be something else.
    Pity I can't just sit in the store unhassled for as long as I like to give everything a proper feel.

I think I'm just going to have to wait until my regular toyshop eventually/hopefully gets them back in.

I just wish these things weren't blind-bagged. Surely they'd sell more if people could just grab a full set easily in one go. I'm sure there must be many parents that buy a couple for their kid, get two of the same figure and just refuse to buy any more, considering it a waste of money.
    Thank goodness with Mixels you know exactly which you're getting. Sometimes I'll buy doubles just to make the combined figure while keeping the individuals intact.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Blind Bag anything has become a huge deal, people will go nuts for it, Pixal Dan even has an entire video series dedicated to just opening random blind bag toys. They are cheap impulse purchases that most people buy and the LEGO Minifigure is the ultimate in popularity, I'm pretty sure most people don't care if they wind up with 10 of one kind as long as they get to buy them without having to dish out so much for a single set.

The kid in the Penguin Suit should be easily identifiable by two key factors, he is only one of two figures with short legs, and he includes the unique ice skate parts instead of the new pitchfork or the large wings that the devil kid has.

The Cyborg is ridiculously easy to find, forget the damn shoulder armour, just find the fancy space gun and the single stud that attaches to it. I mean seriously when it comes to tactile senses everybody is different, larger items can sometimes feel the same, though I find it hard to believe that the shoulder armour piece is difficult to suss out, I mean she's the only one with a piece even remotely like it. It's a distinct piece, still if you can't sort it out because of other factors the weapon she includes is the only one of its kind in the set. A gun is much easier to identify than the armour. I still need another one as a duplicate for my collection, but since I have all sixteen I take my time when it comes to duplicates. Damn Photographer is becoming a real pain to find another of though, I must have more Penguins!!!! But that Camera and single stud combo eludes me every time I start another search. SIGH.