Customs: The legendary Future Floor Wax not available in your country? Maybe it is...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ramrider, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've been hearing for ages about how fantastic Future Floor Wax is as a clearcoat for modelling - but it's always been from Americans. I've never seen Future here in the UK at all.

So I did a bit of searching, to find out if it was available in this country, and if so, where I could get it. I stumbled upon this interesting page, which tells a great deal about the product, including the fact that it's actually sold under many different names around the world. It turns out it's produced by SC Johnson, and in the UK, it's marketed as "Klear". The page also lists other international names for it.

I've still never seen Klear in shops before (and my searching has mentioned unconfirmed reports that it may be discontinued, but I'm not sure about that), but I've managed to order myself a bottle so I can try out this modelling miracle! :D 

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow... Bro, I didn't expect an oversight this bad from you man! :lol  I posted this up ages ago! :p 

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

When the hell did you post that? I've actually never seen that article! :eek: 

Suffice it to say... :banghead:  :dunce  for the oversight, but :D  :thumb  for finding it and getting some...

I'll go now... :redface2: 

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  that was back what, April I think?

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Maybe it's just the Pittsburgh area, but Future is really hard to come by. I finally found a bottle at Kmart - and it was the last one.