The leader of the coneheads?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Glitcher, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    This is a question that has always rattled around my brain for years. Obviously Starscream is the first Seeker and the leader of the group, but who would you say is the alpha conehead - the one who was repainted to create the other two? Dirge, Thrust or Ramjet?

2. valentine75

valentine75 Looking for the allspark

Neither it was dan akroyd

3. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Seeing as a toy conehead is just a normal seeker with the cone UP as opposed to the cone down, there's really no debate.
    The only difference is the wings. Which are unique for each conehead.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I'd say Hasbro thinks it's Ramjet. I'd mostly agree, he got the most screen-time, and was probably the most leader'ly of the three. Not that that's saying much when 1/3 of your team is a morbid-depressive.

D/L

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I've always assumed it was probably Ramjet. If not him, then Thrust.

I remember wondering the same thing with the Insecticons. For the longest time I thought Shrapnel was the "leader", but various episodes seemed to indicate it could be Bombshell.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I figured Thrust for a long while, but lately Ramjet more and more. Never Dirge though for some odd reason...
    DN

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Patrick Star

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't think TC and Skywarp would necessarily agree that Starscream was their boss. His role as a scientist sorta gave him a "first among equals" status, and he definitely worked that, but his leadership status seemed to be more him acting like he was in charge and the other two sorta not caring.

I figured the same was true with the coneheads--they were a team more than anything else, with no de facto leader.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They didn't have a leader, but Ramjet was definitely the conehead Moe Howard.

10. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think TC and S-warp are pretty content to let SS lead... they are clearly more the 'blunt instruments' of the first three Seekers... and all three of the coneheads are clearly blunt. But among the three, we can at least all agree that the alpha conehead is NOT Dirge :lol :

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Starscream was occasionally treated as a "scientist" in the G1 cartoon, but whatever his origins, I believe his official function of "Decepticon Air Commander" cements his leadership over Skywarp and Thundercracker. :) 

That and the commonly acknowledged theory that G1 Starscream's TechSpec stats were actually swapped with Skywarp's by mistake on the boxes.

zmog

12. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The three coneheads all have a rank of 5, as do Thundercracker, Skywarp (assuming that his tech specs were swapped with Starscream's), and Sunstorm.

If Starscream has Skywarp's tech specs, he outranks all of them greatly, with a rank of 9.

13. cuters

cuters Diabolist

so did they also switch starscream and skywarps stats on the classic,s cards aswell on them it says sky warp has a higher rank.

14. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I thought about this a while ago and eventually concluded that Thrust was the leader. Ramjet's too much of a headstrong idiot and Dirge is too passive - both Ramjet and Thrust are more in-your-face than Dirge, who really comes across as a morbid pessimistic whiner. (Not that I dislike Dirge; he's just not leadership material.)

According to his tech spec, Thrust seems to be all talk and no action. This would actually make sense if he's the leader and gets Ramjet and Dirge to do his dirty work. Piss off Thrust and he'll send Dirge and Ramjet after you. :ev:  Thrust relies on his thugs so much that he's no longer as effective as he once was, leading him to cover his incompetence with bluster and bravado.

15. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always assumed Ramjet was 2IC of Air Command, and leader of the Coneheads, not that they specifically had a sub-group of their own for him to command.

16. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Dan Ackroyd??????

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    me.

[​IMG]

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is one of those times when I have to reconcile the comics with the cartoon with the tech specs. I know he has the title, sure, but I just don't see him consistently acting as a true leader.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'd have to say Ramjet. Considering his only skill is breaking stuff with his head, he seems like it would be pretty easy to keephim (and the other coneheads with him) in line.

Seems like Megs would pick sub-group commanders based on how easy they were to well, command.
    - Motormaster hates Megatron, but knows Megs would beat him senseless
    - Scrapper seems loyal anyway, always a plus.
    - Shrapnel/Bombshell dislike him, but they don't really take orders anyway.
    - Onslaught seems loyal to Megatron, as he was reprogrammed to be, also, Onslaught actually has a team that respects him.
    - Ramjet probably wouldnt understand orders more complicated than 'break this', plus he's a Decepticon, he was built to break stuff.
    - Starscream, ambitious, but he fears the power of the bitchslap.

Dirge seems like the type to not bother telling his comrades the plan if only to see them destroyed, and Thrust I guess is too intelligent?

EDIT: Wow, that post doesnt seem like something I would say. With a username like mine, I would've thought my namesake would be the one I'd side with.

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    As a kid I thought it was Thrust, as he stood out as the most different amongst the other 2 visually (like Starscream does amongst the original 3). But I definitley think Hasbro makes Ramjet the head conehead (if there is such a thing). Though Dirge is the smartest of the 3 and Thrust is the most cowardly.

Randy