The last TV Show you saw and your rate out of 10

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide1706, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Yes it's a copy of the other thread but it is the Movies and TELEVISION forum so let's try and get this running the same as the other one. :D 

Hawaii Five-0 (2010) 10/10

Fucking Awesome.

EDIT: Please specify the episode and show if possible.

2. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I got The Magnificent Seven series for X-Mas, the one with Michael Bien and Ron Pearl, and watched that today. I still love it. Give a 10/10. The gambler/swindler, Ezra, is still my favorite, with Buck close behind.

I agree above though, I do like Hawaii Five-O.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The Dukes of Hazzard- 10/10

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

since this is mainly episode base, shouldn't we be posting which episode we last watched too? otherwise we're just rating the series as a whole.

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Sure! In that case "Hei Hei" Season 1 Episode 10

Still 10/10 :D 

6. Dolza_Khyron

probably should include that in the title, or in the first post then :) 

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I miss being able to watch this almost every night on CMT :( 

8. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

Warehouse 13 - 2/10. And that's being generous.

800 posts - woot!

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I couldn't get into that either. Like, I thought it'd be like Eureka couse it's basically a spin off, but the spark just wasn't there for me. :( 

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Sherlock: The Reichenbach Fall

10/10. Some of the most gripping TV I've ever encountered.

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Thundercats 2011 (8/10)

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most recent shows I've watched:

- American Dad - 8/10 - Working through the DVD sets and currently about halfway through Volume 6. Show had a bit of a shaky start, but really found it's groove in the most recent volumes. Hard to believe this series has some of the same creative staff that are responsible for the godawful Family Guy and Cleveland Show.

- Fringe - 5/10 - I really want to like this show more than I do, but it's just getting frustrating to watch. The characters are interesting, the overall plotline is great and the actors do a very good job (especially John Noble). But the pacing is terrible, with the greater storyarc dragged out with case-of-the-week episodes that contribute very little. And I'm still greatly annoyed that they spent Seasons 2 and 3 building up an intriguing storyline and fleshing out the alternate universe...only to throw it all away in Season 4 for a plot that's taking forever to go anywhere. I honestly think I'm only watching this show because it's likely to be ending soon and I might as well stick around to the end.

- Kitchen Nightmares - 4/10 - I'm just getting tired of how every episode is the same, with the same basic 'characters' at every restaurant, as well as the excessive focus on everyone's sob story and personal drama. Good for background noise, though

- Fear Factor, new version - 4/10 - Another 'background noise' show. With this new series, the physical stunts seem to have become a lot easier and all the contestants appear to be models and actors, rather than average people.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Me too. Now I can only watch it on the weekends when I don't have school since it's only on at 1 A.M. now. I really hope CMT moves it to an earlier time slot. Me and my best friend both agree that this show just never gets old. Even the Coy and Vance season is better than most of the reality shows on TV today.

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I don't think Kitchen Nightmares is a bad show. I think it's like Extreme Makeover Home Edition, except it's about food. Also, if you happen to live close to the restaurants he visits, he mention what other restaurants around the area are worth visiting.

15. Dolza_Khyron

kitchen nightmares is ok, but it's not nearly as good as ramsey's kitchen nightmares. aka the uk version.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to really like Kitchen Nightmares when there was more focus on fixing up the restaurants, improving the food and working on some of the genuine issues with the business. Lately, it's been focused more on Ramsey being Angry British Dr Phil Chef and working out the relationship problems of the people involved in the restaurant, with the actual business and food side of the equation as a secondary concern, if that. Last Friday's episode was a good example of that and of following what's become the KN episode template:

- Brief intro of the restaurant, revealing that all of the problems with the establishment essentially stem from one person who thinks everything is super and won't take criticism/advice. Usually it's an owner or manager, occasionally a chef.
    - Ramsey shows up to try the food. The aforementioned individual thinks Ramsey is going to love everything and subsequently acts shocked when he doesn't, suggesting they've never actually watched the show and/or their reactions are coached/scripted.
    - Aforementioned individual stubbornly refuses to change anything and denies that anything is even wrong.
    - Ramsey initiates some kind of stunt to patch up everyone's deep-seated emotional issues.
    - Somewhere between the 30 - 40 minute mark (counting commercials), the aforementioned individual has a "come-to-Jesus" moment and completely changes their perspective.
    - Restaurant is redecorated and Ramsey pulls an entire new menu out of his ass overnight.
    - Episode ends with all the changes implemented and everyone at the restaurant loves it.

There are episodes which deviate from the formula, but they're increasingly rare.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    first few episodes of Season 5 of Night Court - Hilarious! 10/10

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Sherlock S2 E3 10/10

I never gave a shit about sherlock holmes until this series came along, and damn this was by far some of the best television I've seen in my life.

19. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I don't live in the UK, so I care less about Kitchen Nightmares UK.

20. Dolza_Khyron

i don't either, doesn't stop it from being far superior to fox's dr. phil version :lol