The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Munster Go Home - (1966)

The Munsters Movie - I actually ended up enjoying it. Sometimes a movie as old fashioned and simple and innocent as this can be a huge break and end up being just the thing you need to entertain yourself. Is this where Rob Zombie got his idea for Dragula? Where Hermann Munster enters the car race at the end in a race car named Dragula. Cool to see John Carradine in the movie as the butler Cruikshank.

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Happy Gilmore- 7/10.

i've gotten EXTREMELY sick of Adam Sandler over the past decade or so but this one still holds up. Funny where it counts.

3. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

one of my favorite movies of all time! Also a huge reason I liked the Daredevil series so much (Charlie Cox) :) 

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up? That caught me off guard the first time I saw it.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    An absolutely lovely film. One of my favorites.

A Quiet Place - 8.5/10:

I. Hate. Nails. That's all.

Okay... The performances are STELLAR. John Krasinski has a deft hand for directing and he delivered a nail biter, here. Good grief, the longest 90 minutes I've experienced in a while. A good kind of slow, because it takes its time to sink its claws into you and man, does it ever. And I say long because the dread pretty much never lets up, even in the sweet moments. Good grief it leaves you on the edge of your seat. Now this is smart horror.

Stunning, stunning film. Bravo, bravo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Macross: Do You Remember Love? - 6.5/10

8. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Hereditary 10/10

One of the best movies / horror movie I have seen in years. This movie is amazing and very Kubrickesque. It’s incredibly off-putting at times and if you need a character to relate to in the movie there isn’t much there. Potentially divisive, not a “fun” ride, beautifully filmed and paced and creepy and fucked imagery. 10/10

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Van Wilder--4/10. I bought this movie in 4K because it was the cheapest they had and now I regret it. I know this is the movie that launch Ryan Reynolds career.

10. Kazulon Emregard

Kazulon Emregard Black Assassin

A Dog's Purpose. I was late to the party...

7/10. Cute movie, but just too damn sad.

11. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple - 4/10

12. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Batman Ninja
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This certainly feels like what happens when two or more studios try to collaborate on a project without a clear, singular vision and there may or may not have been miscommunications between the teams. So you get this Batman isekai movie where a bunch of Batman things happen, characters are obligated to show up and do things arbitrarily on screen because someone came up with a design for Red Hood even if he does nothing, characters have to say lines because they always say those lines (wow Two-Face makes quips about coin flipping amazing who would have thought), but at the same time the animators really wanted to put anime things in like random giant robots and sword fights because anime. Felt like the designs for the characters came before anything else lol

The aesthetic is cool and the movie is committed to it even if your mileage may vary on the character designs, the merchandise will sell either way probably. The movie is roughly 90 minutes but it still feels too long when so little happens. I was watching this and thought to myself at some point "If this were an episode of the Brave and the Bold this would be so much faster and more fun." Like you wouldn't need the first 15 minutes setting things up in BatB and you wouldn't have a boring 20 minute long action sequence for the finale. I also think the movie would be muuuuuch better if this was an alternate universe take on Batman with its own setting and interpretation of the mythos, not literal Batman and Batman characters being transported to anime Japan. I thought the dialogue was grating the entire way through as well but that's true for most DC animated movies I find.

It is okay for what it is. I'll buy a Catwoman figma I guess. I'm part of the problem.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Ready Player One 8.8/10 this was so funny and ridiculous. I screamed when he Daito says Gundam and the RX-78 showed up.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tag - 7.5/10:

A genuinely funny movie with a solid cast, based on a real life group of friends that will inspire you. Basically, their friendship can be summed up as #goals.

Though, to clarify, the friends will inspire, not the movie. The movie falls far short of that and actually disappoints at times and crosses lines.

Yes, it's a funny movie and yes the cast do a great job with what they're given, but it takes some turns that are just messed up.

When it's played for laughs as a straight comedy, it works and it works well. When it tries to get serious, that's when it falls apart and the drama isn't strong enough to hold the film together and you just want to get through those scenes as quick as possible. Problem is, some of the more dour scenes go so far that the humor can't recover from the damages the bad scenes inflict.

To give you an idea, and I won't say more, they both fake a miscarriage AND don't believe someone has Cancer. And yes, those scenes take an otherwise silly and cheery film and make you and the characters feel awful for partaking in it. The film doesn't really recover after the Cancer part and kind of undoes the rest of the film and the miscarriage part just makes you angry because it's just poor taste in an otherwise funny film that just wanted to make you laugh. I could've done with one or the other, but not both and they should've had far more impact as scenes go.

That said... Up until those scenes, and even a few in-between, this is an incredibly laugh out loud funny film. It could've been GREAT, but they really flattened two of the tires and ran on the rims for far too long and it's a slap in the face to the audience. In another film, it would be reprehensible and make the characters evil, in this one it's just... I can't even label it.

Fortunately, they briefly showcase the real friends in the end credits and it's actually quite sweet and charming. At the end you'll find yourself wishing you had friends like these and realize they're the fortunate few in a world that doesn't really have that, sadly.

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Threads 1984- Terrifying/10.

i have watched all kinds of monster movies but this is without a doubt the most disturbing film I have seen.

it starts horrifying and gets worse.

16. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To All the Boys I've Loved Before - 7.5/10

While I'm glad we're finally getting more representAsian [along with Crazy Rich Asians*], the best I can say about this film is that it's good enough. My wife and other female friends liked it A LOT though, so that's a good sign and bodes well for potential sequel(s), and just overall getting more Asians in mainstream media in the future. As they say: "a rising tide lifts all boats".

However I'd personally recommend "Easy A" with Emma Stone for a superior "high school girl hiding a big secret" film. Better acting, tighter direction, and simply a much more polished production.

*I still haven't seen C.R.A. yet, need to get on that because I wanna support The Team but it's tough getting out with two young kids

17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Deadpool 2: 7/10
    It was a decent movie, but not as memorable as the first one. Felt almost straining to be funny on more than one occasion.

18. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Searching
    It was okay. I think the format, where everything seen in the movie is from a digital device, hurt it more than the novelty helped it. I like the show-don't-tell approach but even then it was pretty on the nose at points with the music cues, zooming in, and lingering on key words. Doing those things breaks the illusion anyways so why bother? The adherence to this also killed the final reveal for me lol, like they just say it off-screen almost. I don't think any of the performances were particularly impressive but everyone was fine. The mystery and story progression is logical and fairly believable, maybe even a little clever at times, but it all felt a little dry for my tastes? I like things a little more convoluted and bombastic I guess but that isn't the movie's fault.

The finale lacked impact for me and the reveal does that thing where I just wondered "ok but then why didn't they just...?" but eh. It was alright. I don't think anyone should run to the theaters to see this.

19. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Searchers - 5/5. Its about time I get into John Wayne, he seems like my kind of guy. I have no complaints about this film.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    True Grit, and The Green Berets should be next on your list.

• Like Like x 1