The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Power Rangers - 8/10

Enjoyed this a lot.

Goldar wasn't that bad (guess i got used to it). Wished they showed the zords combining instead of just rising up.

Looking forward to PR2.

Parts of me wished they had the morphing sequence, combined weapons, and final finish lol.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cape Fear (1962)--10/10. One of the great Southern Gothic films.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Power Rangers - 8/10:

This turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.
    Good actors, incredible special effects and just a lot of fun.

Dark and violent in spots, genuinely heartbreaking in others, quite a bit sweet throughout. All future PR series should be handled this way.

Well worth your time and money.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I still need to see this. I love Robert Mitchum.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasnt planning on seeing PR, but thanks to these positive reviews I will.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Beauty & The Beast (2017) - 6/10

I didn't think they did enough to update the film. The music and the set pieces were great, but I wish they added more than they did to the overall story. Cast was just OK. Gaston was the best part, his song has been stuck in my head all week.

Kong: Skull Island - 6/10

Delivered on the action. It got my interest peaked for the shared universe. Not much to say about the cast really. Too bad Dre and E couldn't have any dialog together for the Straight Out of Compton reunion. Kept wondering when Cube was going to show up. Loved the 70's rock soundtrack, you can never go wrong with a little CCR.

I gave both movies the same score, but I liked Kong slightly more than B&B.

7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Power Rangers (2017)

7/10

8. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Same here. Helps that I am something of a dork when it comes to Power Rangers.

9. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

The Goonies:

In anticipation of May's release of Sloth in LEGO Dimensions, and because Wal-Mart had this on sale for 6$ I had to add to my film library a cult classic. I finally sat down to watch it last night (been busy) and it's a fairly decent film. I'm not going to praise it to high-heaven, because I wasn't one of those people who saw it in theatres originally. I was born a few years before it came out, so my knowledge of it has been relegated to t-v re-runs. That being said it's a fun adventure story, the kind you'd expect to go on when you were a kid in a more innocent time. Aside from running into dangerous counterfeiters and weird underground pirate-built tunnels loaded with booby traps. Am I right in saying that a young Samwise Gamgee was in this? I feel the name of the actor that played Mikey was very familiar.

Anyway, another thing to note about this film is that a lot of the effects hold up quite nicely, there's nothing too out of place or gimmicky and you've got to love the practical effects being used in this.

Solid 8/10 for this delightful little film. Seriously though, I would have gotten a motor boat and gone out to pick up the rest of the treasure before the wind and tide took the pirate ship too far out to see and ultimately sunk it, but that's just being practical.

10. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Just saw Split and I give it a conservative 8 (wanna give it 9, but sometimes ya gotta let these things settle). Best Shyamalan film I've seen in years, I watch a lot of horror and suspense and this kept me stressed until the end. Plus, the performance by James McAvoy was simply unreal. And every role I've seen Anya Taylor-Joy in (Morgan, The Witch) tells me she's got a real career ahead of her. And there's a cool little tie-in at the very end. Overall, a fun movie throughout.

11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    But...Desmond Doss actually did that...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:

CMOHS.org - Private First Class DOSS, DESMOND T., U.S. Army

And Hacksaw Ridge vs the True Story of Desmond Doss, Medal of Honor
    Did Desmond T. Doss nearly get blown up by a hand grenade?

Yes. On the night of May 21, 1945, just a half mile past the escarpment on Okinawa, Desmond's unit inadvertently walked into a company of Japanese soldiers. The unit engaged in hand-to-hand combat with the enemy and Desmond scrambled to treat the wounded. "They begin to throw these hand grenades," recalled Desmond. "I saw it comin'. There was three other men in the hole with me. They were on the lower side, but I was on the other side lookin' when they threw the thing. I knew there was no way I could get at it. So I just quickly took my left foot and threw it back to where I thought the grenade might be, and throw my head and helmet to the ground. And not more than half a second later, I felt like I was sailin' through the air. I was seein' stars I wasn't supposed to be seein', and I knew my legs and body were blown up." The blast left 17 pieces of shrapnel embedded in Desmond's body, mostly in his legs. -The Conscientious Objector Documentary

Regardless of how stylized it looked in the movie, it sounds like he did indeed try to remove it from the area before detonating. And according to interviews, Mel Gibson left out the sniper shattering his arm because he didn't think audiences would believe it after seeing everything else Doss had done.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Power Rangers;
    Ehh. not great, not bad. it was certainly both better than i thought it'd be, and worse *in parts.*

the biggest thing about this movie holding it back is the design choices. everything looks super fake CGI. It actually made the original tv show look more believable to me. you know, with the costumes and rubber monsters.

the cast was solid. the acting was pretty decent. It was better than the Bay transformers films, and the current DC universe films. but, again, the one thing that held this movie back was the design choices. which were terrible.

but overall it is a decent film. nothing i will ever watch again. I still like the one with Ivan Ooze more. That film was a lot of fun. even if the CG was much worse there than here. it was terrible, even for 90's standards. BUT the film was still enjoyable enough for me to watch it many times.

I'm never watching this again.

but, 7 out of 10.

14. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Power Rangers
    I guess it's not a surprise anymore but it was really enjoyable. It's really impressive that they took something I liked as a kid, grew out of and no longer cared for, and made me genuinely interested in it again. I scoffed at the "we have 6 movies planned out" statement but after seeing the movie I'm actually hoping we get at least one sequel. Surprisingly restrained and they made the most of the characters and humor. Rita basically sums up the movie: she looks really dumb at first glance but in the movie proper she's both silly-hammy and a legitimately cool villain. and she's kinda really cute somehow????

The movie is 90% well done character drama but that does mean that I'm not inclined to watch this again anytime soon. The music choices, usage, and the score were distracting at best. It really could have used Pacific Rim's (I'm sorry for bringing this movie up over and over again) FUCK YEAH ost but I can forgive that since
    they play the classic theme song and I'm not kidding when I say everyone in the theater ejaculated at that moment, me included.

A giant robot suplexes a giant monster. I had a good time watching this.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Power Rangers (2017): 8.5/10

Really fun, but my daughter (8) was shit scared by Rita.

16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Assassin's Creed- 7/10
    Before I give my review, it's probably best that I give some background on my history with games. Before I got my PS3, I was mainly into racing, sports, and FPS games. I was very casual. However, when I got my PS3 in Christmas of 09, I got one hell of a games lineup. I got Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Bioshock. All three of them made me reconsider what games can be as an art form and they're all some of my favorite games of all time. I've been a fan of the Assassin's Creed series ever since due to my love of history, and how it actually tied in some really creative conspiracies and sci-fi fantasy concepts. I've seen the franchise's highs and lows in the last 7 years. I've got to say this movie nails the visual style of the games to a T. You can tell a lot of work went into practical sets and real stunt work. To me the movie was worth watching for that reason alone. The acting was great all around and it certainly elevates the material. I was legitimately loving the movie until the third act. I thought it was moving along at a nice pace and subtly setting up things very well, but the movie rushes right into the third act without warning and it doesn't really recover. I think we needed a few more scenes of character development and interaction to really sell some of the sudden shifts in the last twenty minutes of the movie. The side characters like Moussa were fun but also could have used more development. Also, the lack of blood was a bit distracting considtthe games are M rated and the rest of the movie strives to be gritty and historically authentic. It was a valiant effort, but they didn't quite hit the mark. If there is an extended R rated director's cut out there, then I would pay money right now to see it. The scenes they have are fine, but I just needed a little more to make it even better. It's still one of the best video game movies so far. I'd probably put it up there with Need For Speed.

17. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Power Rangers - 7/10

A nicely pleasant surprise. Could have toned down on the teen angst a little bit, and it can feel like it takes a while for the morphin' to start. At the very least, I would have liked to see a lot more hand to hand combat in the suits to make the wait even more worth it.

That being said, this was an entertaining flick. The acting was good, and there were plenty of moments, both character and fanboy, that made me smile.

18. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Power Rangers - 8/10

What a Nice little Movie. Though I'm not sure the use of Krispy Kreme in the movie is all the marketing plan. The should honestly do Dairy Queen.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The Call: 7.5/10

20. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Passengers - 6/10