The Last Knight Wins ZERO Razzies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chris James, Mar 2, 2018.

1. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Its meant as a parody of the Oscars
    Every movie nominated is universally bad, at least this year
    Its not really a popularity contest cause its not promoting the movie it’s saying the movie is shit just by nominating it

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If I understand the origins of the Razzies properly it was born out of some movie fans feeling the frustration at how Hollywood studios didn't seem to care that they were putting out so many bad movies and not liking what the Oscars had become. So the Razzies would be a way to give the movie studios what the Brits call a raspberry and to take a jab at the Oscars all at the same time. Pretty much giving Hollywood a raspberry is all fans can do because the studios sure haven't listening to the requests for better movies. Since the Oscar voters is such an exclusive club nothing the average ticket buyer can do there either except make fun of the old boys club. Somehow the joke kept rolling and getting bigger because studios somehow seemed to care even less about happy customers and the Oscars somehow managed to get even more pompous.

I actually like the Razzies because it covers movies that most people have actually seen. The Oscars these days seems to be nothing but art house films that didn't play most places. Well and way too many episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 not to be able to laugh at bad movies.

It's not just a small portion of people to make the Razzie cut. If it was just an angry little group to get nominated then Star Wars the Last Jedi would have made the list because it has a small but very vocal group of people that hate it with a passion. To get the Razzie nomination you have to be a film that pop culture in general has deemed to be a bad movie.

The Razzies aren't really about feeling superior it's more about dreaming of a year with no Razzies because all the movies were good, all the actors did great work, the writers were are top notch, and it was just the best year in movies ever. There were no boos when Sandra Bullock showed up to receive her Razzie but applause that she was the sort of person big enough to say you are right I can do better and I will do better.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    It's impossible to deny all flaws on TLK, but for me ROTF stays as the worst of the saga. I only watch the forest and desert battle and that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    That will never happen because humanity as a whole wants to do nothing but whine and moan and complain and hate on anything and everything they can find a flimsy, mediocre, illogical reason for hating said thing. In no way, shape, or form will everyone be happy with every movie that came out in said year. This crap is probably why Hollywood as a whole doesn't give a crap about what moviegoers, TV watchers, fans, or the like have to say or think about a particular project. They know there will be a group (majority or minority) that will scream the loudest about how much they hate something with a fiery passion for no logical reason. So they don't give a crap. Unfortunately, that makes them purposefully create legitimately horrible crap that no one in their right mind would want to see because they actually believe it's good (somehow). It's a vicious cycle that viewers and fans play a part in just as much as the people who produce this stuff and if people could get this through their thick heads, then maybe we would see some improvement. But like I said, most people just want to whine, complain, and hate things because they think it's fun or cool or something. So it will never happen.

• Like Like x 4
  5. FigureGunplaFan

FigureGunplaFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    >9 Nominations
    >0 wins
    >Prizes are instead given to The Emoji Movie

MFW
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Well-Known (?) Member

Well, I'm glad Haddock and Hopkins weren't awarded anything here, as I don't think they really deserved it. The actors had to contend with ridiculous dialogue and nonsensical concepts being delivered nonchalantly, and I think both did well with the crap they were given. Especially Hopkins, I think he comes awfully close to saving the movie, at least when he's directly involved. He got the most chuckles out of me since TF2007 and I felt more when he died than I did with Optimus in 2009. I think Duhamel admittedly may have deserved his nomination here, but I need to check what he was up against.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Shameful to try to use news about how bad the movie is to try to promote it to a fan base that has clearly had enough. Time to start promoting something we care about.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Agreed fully.

In fact, I think that if the previous films had been less flooded with negativity, and critics and fans had stated positives as well as complaints, that the fifth movie might have actually been much better.

Saying that everything sucks is bad criticism. What you do is you state some positive, some negative, and end on a positive note. People are far more likely to respond positively if they know what they are doing right and not just what they are doing wrong. None of the films were perfect, but none of the films were anywhere near as bad as the most vitriolic haters suggested. Not even close. The worst of the films were simply heavily flawed movies that still had many redeeming qualities and that were quite fun at times. The best of the movies were actually extremely interesting, over-the-top summer action flicks, which frankly is the best I would expect a Transformers movie to be given the source material.

"Time to start promoting something we care about."

If there's one thing that bugs me to no end, it's when fans project their own opinions on others.

Other people care for things you don't. I can only speak for myself. Ditto to you. Stop acting as if you speak for all fans.

• Like Like x 6
  9. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thank you. And agreed fully on the "projecting opinions" point. Especially from Afterburner.

• Like Like x 4
  10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Like a turd, in the wind

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You know if there's one thing that the Emoji Movie did that puts a dent to Transformers. Is the fact that it came out on Peter Cullen's birthday. Of all days why? Why July 28th?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Last Friday in July?

12. UltraAlanMagnus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yup. That Friday in July.

Except it won't cause of how good Travis Knight's track record is.

Just be happy The Emoji Movie deserve those awards & wish for a Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie sequel. Or at least a Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged movie.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    No, as in that's probably why it was chosen. Summer weekend, middle of the summer away from big holidays, probably wasn't any huge major blockbusters out that week, maybe that's before/after families take their summer vacations and kids need something to do, etc.

14. UltraAlanMagnus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well it was Originally supposed to be released in August 4th. But it was switched with The Dark Tower.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    There was a time when I would have considered this a good sign. :( 

16. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Amazing!

17. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    "See guys! Transformers is so bad it can't even be awarded for being the worst! It's true, it's true, Micheal Bay raped my childhood!"

Who gives a crap?

People still buy the toys, they still go to the movies. Franchise is still making money no matter how much you hate it. Time to move on, children. Nobody cares what you think.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    No they don’t.

19. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

Well, people still buy the toys.

While I do think TLK is a bad movie, at least it is bad in interesting ways (trying to retcon Transformers to have always have had a presence throughout the entirety of human history had hilarious results), which is something I can't say for RotF, which is by far my least favorite TF film. That film was both bad and boring.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

That much could be said if the films turned a profit of $1 over making back the total investment.

The issue isn't the films making money - the issue is that they aren't sufficiently making money. Why invest in something that has diminishing returns (I.E goes from a billion dollars to barely over half that?) when you can just take the money and invest in something new that has a higher return-on-investment factor?

• Like Like x 1