The last knight was shit, let’s make it better.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Digger, May 16, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Believe me I’ve got more ideas. The dinobots are hiding out at a cave on a beach in New Zealand, where they are befriended by the locals. Heck you can still have the volley ball bit from Cuba.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Haha! You know when I first saw the volley ball scene I was pumped thinking it was dino and sideswipe. But no.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh God, where to begin. Galvatron should've stayed Galvatron, but learned to use his new transforming ability to take on multiple forms and even continually improve on this robot form. The whole creators thing would've been much more a of a revelation; the Knights and how Optimus has always been one of them would be fleshed out, and how they were made by the creators with a purpose would be reconciled with the Dynasty of the Primes existing before Optimus (and somehow being his direct ancestors). I'm thinking something like a mass mind-wipe of the Cybertronians by the creators could explain with foggy and not-quite-coherent history and why they don't seem to have any memory of their origin. Humankind is another of the creators' experiments which they have deemed to have gone wrong. Perhaps of Unicron could actually be another agent of the creators, their ultimate weapon, sent to destroy everything they made so they can start again.

AOE set up the universe where the sequel could've been truly epic. And what we got was more of an aside to the regular Transformers stuff, centred around a totally separate group of Transformers; the knights mentioned and seen in AOE seemed to have very little to do with the Knights that were central to TLK and Quintessa had very little to do with the creators mentioned and sort of seen in TF4.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Great post overall, but I think there's an even simpler explanation as to why Prime (And probably many others) didn't remember his Creators: He wasn't technically alive in his earliest stages of existence, so he wouldn't remember anything. They were initially created to be mindless slaves to control. KSI's Transformers are modern equivalents of those earliest, soulless, robots.

• Like Like x 3
  5. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that. The movies could've done a lot of cool things showing the transition from autonomous robot to sentient living being. Even a small montage at the beginning would've been cool, and that could've been used as an explanation for Galvatron's return to being Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist Casual G1 fan and 1st trilogy apologist

Good idea for a title Transformers: Return to Creation
    It would fit with Age of Extinction and Dark of the Moon
    as far as the hypothetical TF5 goes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd explain Quintessa's goal is to not benefit her tools the Autobots or Decepticons, but rather her perfect and superior creations the Quintessons. And they need Unicron as an iron fist. She plans to free him by transferring his spark from Earth to Cybertron's Remains to give him a brand new body.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Galvatross

I would much rather have Unicron be the ultimate weapon of the Quintessons who goes rogue rather than a Transformer deity.

One, it goes well with the source material. In Season 3 it was revealed Unicron by Primacron, who's an odd-looking alien. In another G1 bio it was said the Quintessons were enforcers of Unicron who picked off any hapless beings he missed somehow.

Two, it goes well with Lockdown saying the Creators, "Want to sweep their chessboard clean."

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Love it

10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Sayonara suckers

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I would’ve scrapped the whole movie and write something entirely new.

Long story short, goodbye Izabella, Squeeks, weird plothole TF history, that annoying science guy (I don’t think he even had a name FFS), Berserker, Bumblebee’s voice...
    (The list can go on until Bumblebee hits the big screen)

11. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

Keep the entire movie the same, except instead of the Quintessa credits scene it just cuts to Captain Archibald Witwicky in a padded room and straightjacket babbling on about Scorponok and Unicron while drawing symbols on the wall in his own shit and two doctors slowly back out and are all like “man that guy was talking crazy” and the other guy is like “yeah could make for a subpar action franchise though, maybe like 3 or 4 films” and the other dude is like “what’s a film this is the 1800’s” and then they stone him for being a witch or something

• Like Like x 1
  12. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We should make our own edit of The Last Knight :p 

13. Galvatross

1. Just focus on making a sequel to the other movies. Both factions are decimated on Earth, Megatron is reborn as Galvatron, Prime searching for his Creators, Dinobots and Autobots on Earth, the Knightship….these are all great things that should have resulted in the best movie yet!

2. Don't retread old ground. There's no reason for Cybertron to come to Earth a second time. TRF is a more poorly executed version of Cemetery Wind. Cemetery Wind worked because Attinger and Savoy were given more to them than Santos and Lennox, and Cemetery Wind was presented as being successful due to Lockdown's help.

3. Don't needlessly bring back Simmons, Topspin, Wheelie, Barricade, and Lennox and have them be pointless. One would have been fine.

4. Have TLK Megatron's design be "Nemesis Megatron," a Creator-controlled copy of the original Megatron.

5. Have Nemesis Megatron and Nemesis Prime infiltrate the factions and try to destroy them from within. Have most members of both factions convinced.

6. Have the real Megatron, Galvatron, battle Nemesis Megatron. Galvatron superior, "Megatron" inferior.

7. Show Prime's space journey; don't just have him immediately land on Cybertron.

8. Make the Creators and Knights compatible with what was established in the previous film. Explore the Quintessons further. Connect the Creators with the Allspark.

9. Don't have the new Decepticons be prisoners of TRF. Instead, have Galvatron infiltrate Lockdown's ship and release some Decepticons he finds as prisoners.

10. No Unicron. Tease Unicron as the ultimate weapon of the Creators rather than Earth being Unicron.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Paxtin

Paxtin Relatively-Tolerated Member

So I saw that TLK was on Hulu and...I regrettably fell to curiosity...My, good, god...What a mess...This movie just feels like a grab bag of left over ideas that Bay wanted to do with the movies that he couldn't bring himself to throw out, so he took them all up and haphazardly stitched it together into a hodgepodge of a film. I thought AOE was bad, but at least there is some semblance of a cohesive concept with that movie. I have no idea what could possibly be done that would fix anything about this movie, or make it better...I could only maybe think of a few aspects that might have been interesting if done better...

Lennox and the Autobots on different sides.
    I liked this concept, even though nothing really came of it. I know there's many who don't like the whole world against the Autobots thing, but it is one that makes some sense, and I like the idea of there being some tension between old allies.

Headmaster.
    We know that they were going to do it, they even made it a thing in the toys. So why didn't they? There was so much needless shit in this movie that could have been better funded into doing the effects for Cogman performing as a headmaster. It would have been novel to see him switch between different vehicle bodies leading up to the original idea of him stealing Nitro's towards the end.

The Sub transformer.
    So they state in the movie that the sub they traveled in was in fact a transformer, but we never really see much in way of an actual indication of such. Would have been neat to at least have a head transform out of the periscope control and interact with Cade and British Megan Fox during their trip.

That's all I got...Even if they had done those things, it still wouldn't have really helped much...But it'd have been something interesting.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Your ideas are valid and it would be fun to have the submarine alive. I’m sorry you had to watch it.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Relatively-Tolerated Member

No one's fault but my own.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are fixing TLK... by moving on and go watch the bumblebee movieo_O 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Very true. But that should go in the “bayverse solutions” thread.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there was something TLK needed to make it better, it was more jogging Optimus Prime because Physical health should be encouraged more.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Lol true. He should do a whole series of prime exercise. “Garunteed plot armour!”

• Like Like x 1