The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Decepticon Nitro

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Negronicus, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm personally glad the figure is rather different than the movie version. The figure is powerful looking and nearly Generations in aesthetics. That would have been ruined with those stupid chains and weird head in the screen design.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I believe the screen head design was literally shockwave's head. Glad the toy still retains the cyclops eye but looks slightly different.

The packaging art however has a third head design lol!!

3. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:

yep, the box art reused the head of the KSI boss robot from AOE.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Got this guy a week ago-ish, and he is :buttrock 

I'm absolutely in love with this guy. I was worried I hyped myself up too much... I was wrong. He's so unbelievably fun to mess around with, I just can't put him down. The TR interactivity is a nice bonus, but none of the TMs I have really go well with him. :( 

...But that doesn't stop me from knowing how AWESOME he is. That headsculpt is just delicious. I was gonna dig up my DOTM Shockwave to give him his head, but the current one works so well, I don't even care. His weapons are just as awesome, too. An electrified axe attached to one arm and a giant friggin' cannon made of his jet engine on the other? Pure awesomeness. The legs are surprisingly dynamic, too. I thought their shape might hinder the knee joints from pics, but there he is executing the Iron Man pose perfectly on my shelf. And that glorious wing transformation is just to die for.

His jet mode is also perfectly swooshable, too, which pleases me to no end. I was gonna paint him 100% movie accurate, but right now, all I've done is paint all the gray parts in silver, plus some black and a red center eye. It actually looks really slick, I wish I had a camera to show you guys with. I think I'm gonna keep him like that for a while.

...Man, I can't wait to army-build KSI Bosses.

ask and you shall believe

[​IMG]

gif doesn't work for reasons unknown

Red Goblin identified it as a JAS 93 Gripen, which appears to be about right. Suffice to say, the toy is very inaccurate, but I think it might be doable with some mods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (first pic is two-seater, second is one)

He's definitely some sort of delta wing aircraft with canards and one engine. At first, I thought he was a Eurofighter Typhoon because of the two engine pods on his back, but that's really just left over from the Boss model. Before TLK came out, we all thought he'd be a Warthog just because of those faux-engines, and I kind of wish he did end up as one. The "roughness" of the A-10 would definitely fit with the rest of Megatron's crew. The Gripen is a nice change of pace from all the US aircraft, though.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Kotori Sonoda

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah that explains it, we barely saw the jet mode.
    But from that pic and GIF, yeah, the toy is innacurate. Still looks cool though, and the alt mode wasn't given enough focus on the movie for it to bother me too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    With how long these figures spend in development and how much editing the movies go through the most probable explanation is that they didn't really have a clear idea about what the heck did he turn into until changes couldn't be made anymore. Kinda like how the whole cogman headmaster thing (and Nitro's) got cut from the movie yet was clearly intended to be there hence its inclusion in both toys. Wouldn't be surprised if the current head was one of many proposals in concept art for the character since it's like a middle point between the drone head and Shockwave's.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Does he have any sort of 5mm plug on his cannon arm? I'd love it if he was compatible with DotM Shocky's hose.

Wait that came out all wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

damnit now i wanna see nz and shocky wearing pantyhose

No, unfortunately. Not even any small crevasses where you could force it into. However, there is plenty of space on the back of the arm to drill a 5mm hole into, and it wouldn't be visible in alt-mode at all, so it wouldn't be too complicated of a mod, so long as you're comfortable with drilling into your figure.

Now if only I still had my DOTM Shockwave's hose...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    can he finagled into something like a tank mode? obviously there's no treads but i want to turn this guy into blitzwing and that may do it for me.

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    ^ I doubt it. The gun arm can't be folded up onto the back or the belly, so you can't make that a turret.

11. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    shit. darkwing it is.

12. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    So I finally got mine and I'm loving it. Solid neck connection and I don't have problems folding the wings for his backpack (it just needs an exact specific order). One thing that does worry me is that going into jet mode, his left leg is pretty hard to fully peg into the body (at the part that goes into his pectoral area, clips into the same part his shoulder assembly does) and I don't wanna stress the plastic. The other leg is much easier because he's asymmetric because of how he transforms.

That detail out of the way, I'm very impressed at how fun he is overall. Love the weapons and overall poses you can get outta him. It's my only TLK figure and I feel it's far above any Titans Return voyager (while I feel TR as a whole handily wins in the deluxe and leader areas so far). So yeah, I can't recommend Nitro enough. If you like his design you don't wanna miss this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loving the stand hole dead center in his chest which incidentally is perfect for jet mode flight display.

That might sound sarcastic but it isn't. I honestly didn't notice the hole till I went looking for a possible peg hole in jet mode. Love it and looks killer posed on a stand.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kotori Sonoda

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same here! I was wondering where to peg the stand for jet mode, then I noticed the hole and I was like "ooooh!"
    It's not very noticeable despite being dead center!

15. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    pointing out the obvious, i know but the back of his feet of his heels are toes, also anyone have a fix for his lose wobbly head

16. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    IMG_1968.JPG

Crossposting from the movieverse appreciation thread, but the accuracy to the concept art is so delightful to me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta hit more stores - still haven't found this one.

18. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember walmart was selling him on their website and you could order it to the store! If its sold out online at least you can check availability in your area. Otherwise, by now he should be selling for MSRP in eBay since he's been out for quite some time. If you'd like i can look into some sellers. Otherwise, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  19. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll check online - thanks!

20. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Just a quick attempt at a more movie accurate jet mode by mis-transformation and slight disassembling by leaving the bow weapon tips out and removing the back fins
    IMG_20170915_215938.jpg

• Like Like x 1