The Last Knight new wave case breakdown

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jul 5, 2017.

1. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Not trying to be pessimistic myself, but not to mention, no version of Dragonstorm is actually a combination of all the Knights nor will Hasbro ever make one. In fact, in TF6, i bet Dragonstorm will stay combined the whole film and they'll repaint the Leader figure or make a Voyager that transforms into the robot mode of the Legion and Mega 1-Step figure. I can promise you that this will happen unless a big change happens.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I agree very much. But sometimes, I'm desperate so eh..
    I actually thought the Leader was going to do just that.

3. AirjitzuRonin

I wish we could get a movie accurate one but it's not likely. A 12 bot combiner would take a lot of effort and new molds. Knowing Hasbro the paint would be lacking if they put it in the effort to make 12 components.
    I feel bad that Bay does cool concepts like Alice being a cool take on Pretenders, Reedman being many small "Microbots" combining into one, Devastator's limbs being made of more than one Bot, due to the Constructicons being drones, and now Dragonstorm being made of 12 Bots and yet Hasbro doesn't try to drop the ball. They don't even attempt to take advantage and make toys of such cool concepts that would probably sell well even though the toys may not be as accurate, just because of how interesting they are.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I don't believe this is a sign of wave 4. Just a wave 3.5 is ridiculous.

5. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

I know that Dragonstorm certainly wouldn't/won't get a release as a 12-knight combiner in this line, or likely any other, but what they did with Infernocus is almost exactly what I assume that they'd do with Dragonstorm: just package a bunch of Legions or even Scout-sized guys together as an inexplicably store-exclusive set. Infernocus looks passable on its own, but the fact that they made it to begin with still shocks me.Hasbro have squandered opportunities such as a [good, somewhat accurate] Devastator before, but Dragonstorm seems like it'd be feasible. The one step and legion figures of Dragonstorm may as well have been pulled out the toy designers' rear ends, and I feel that one toy that closely resembles the design and gimmick of the movie version would have allowed Onslaught/Dreadbot/Daytrader/Volleybot to get Legion figures-or even allowed a Legends Wheelie rerelease.After Stomp-and-Shelfwarm Grimlock became a huge flop in AoE, I don't assume that the new Mega One-Step is going to be given a chance to shine, and it will probably earn the title of Crash-and-Burn Dragonstorm. It's a massive bloody shame.

6. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't worry about Cogman. He'll be "exclusive" to either Ross, Marshall's or TJMaxx.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

or watch and he's exclusive to England

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gallade

News Credits:
    We could have gotten Scrapper, Hightower, and Overload. Probably at least a Voyager Jetfire too. Sadly, we can only dream :/
    Wait so Onslaught, Mohawk, and Dreadbot aren't coming? Ugh, they already can use Western Star considering we got Prime. I would have hoped at least a Voyager Onslaught but instead we get Grimlock. We could have got Dreadbot but instead AoE Bumblebee, Slug, Strafe and Slash. The last two didn't even show up in the god damn movie. When will Hasbro just understand that repaints don't always work?

9. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

Not that I know of.

10. Gallade

News Credits:
    I'll... go cry in my shed then..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

It's okay, man. I'll cry with you. And just in case the emotional pain is too much, remember this image: upload_2017-7-5_22-1-2.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If there's a TF6 they're going to end up killing of Dragonstorm first thing so they don't have to write around how the Autobots are in danger despite having an army of massive Dinobots and a giant f%@-off dragon at their disposal.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

They've already removed two Dinobots out of the blue as well as banished the remaining two to the first third of TLK, and Dragonstorm actually managed to be a more useless version of the AoE Dinobots with his screentime, so they'll probably make him into a 'dog' too and replace him with yet another entity that could win the war in minutes with no reasoning in the chronological next one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AirjitzuRonin

Probably based on some kind of monster from a mythology or a monster in general.
    Or maybe Unicron since he seems like a good guy in this continuity since Quintessa is evil.
    I wouldn't lay down the towel for Mohawk, Onslaught, Dreadbot, Volleybot, and Daytrader. Turbo Changers for them are quite possible and the reveal of a mystery Deluxe figure could mean a TLK Premier Edition Wave 4 is possible.
    But they could also end up like Dino, Igor, Reedman, Stinger, the KSI Bosses, Two Heads, etc.
    Pray to God we get the former.

• Like Like x 1
  15. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TLK Voyager Megs and OP gone extinct on most of our malls in our location.

16. Gallade

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'd like to believe Quintessa is somewhat of an anti-hero. She wants to kill Unicron because he is the Chaosbringer but she's doing it the wrong way. I think the Knights were following the same rule as the Primes did where they wouldn't kill a planet with inhabitants. My theory is sooner or later in TF7, Quintessa and the Autobots have a discussion on how they want to keep Unicron dead but still keeping the Earth in place. Probably results in a lot of deaths and unity from everyone(human, Autobot, Decepticon etc.)

Turbo Changers are still pieces of garbage and even if they got a TC, I'd rather buy a deluxe or voyager toy. I honestly think Dreadbot won't come because they didn't make Crowbar for a deluxe other than a legion. Onslaught has a slim chance and Mohawk too.

17. AirjitzuRonin

Turbo Changers aren't that bad, depending on which one you get. The engineering is pretty fantastic on most.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

Guys, Calm down. Maybe they messed it up by accidentally adding Drift instead of Cogman.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gallade

News Credits:
    Hm... I'll.. think about it.. :confused: 

20. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, repaints are a cheap way to fill out a line. Surprised they bothered to make a voyager Scorn, which is nice, but they could've used the deluxe instead of Slash and there would be a voyager slot for one of the other characters.