Minor/Repaint: The Last Knight Deluxe Bumblebee Wave 3 Mod and Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Aki Tuazon, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Click the thumbs up at the lower left of each post, that's the like button.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aki Tuazon

Aki Tuazon Active Member

Instagram:
    O
    Oh, thanks! I thought those were just emojis.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're welcome. :) 

4. airun_71

airun_71 Active Member

Love to see each and every detail. Do not apologize for posting many pictures! Actually they are very much appreciated! Good job so far. Subtle but effective, and those are the best mods IMHO :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. airun_71

airun_71 Active Member

I think the problem with proportions of the chest is the size of the moving parts. If you look at the original model in the movies, the section of front bumper that moves to form the chest is much shorter in comparison to most of the toys. I made a comparison in these few models. As you can see the chest plates are too large in the toys and therefore make it look bulkier.

BB comparison copy.jpg

Also, I'm not a big fan of the small wings attached to the doors. I don't understand why they didn't attach them underneath the hood instead, if you know what I mean. Same goes for MPM-3.

Personally I think it just requires minor adjustments to be more accurate in the transformation to robot mode. Like the small wings I mentioned, the chest plates smaller, the back of the car folding closer to the leg. the side panels on the thighs smaller and close to the legs (as you Aki Tuazon managed to do), and the feet with the iconic shape of heels folding properly.
    (Here is an example of how I made it transform properly in Battle Blade Deluxe BB, by simply cut the connection of the heel to the ankle, allowing it to rotate in more accurate position)

Battle Blade BB.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Aki Tuazon

Aki Tuazon Active Member

Instagram:
    Thanks a lot! That is so nice of you. I'm currently painting up the new deluxe Drift.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aki Tuazon

Aki Tuazon Active Member

Instagram:
    The MPM managed to shrink the width of the chest up to the point that I almost always spread them apart by a couple of millimiters when I play around my brother's MPM. If the proportion of the toy should be based around the size of chest, then clever mass shifting should be employed (making the head bigger and every limb correspondingly bigger.)

I'm not a big fan of the secondary wings too. When I pose the deluxe in robot mode I just take them off as well as the swinging thigh armors. Those wings aren't accurate anyway because those should be the car's spoilers.

Nice mod with the heels!

• Like Like x 1