The Last Knight at #4 at the Box Office Worldwide predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Dec 2, 2016.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well certainly the international market is a gold mine.

Domestically speaking is the big question now. Since America is getting a little more turned away.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

They clearly are making an effort to improve things and have made a pretty public big deal about it.

If any Transformers movie is going to compel critics, or more importantly, domestic audiences, to have a change of heart regarding the franchise moving forward, it's The Last Knight.

We'll see how it goes. I'm hopeful right now.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I'm not even gonna look at reviews until after I see the final product this time around.

5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I'm happy for it to do well, i just hope it deserves it this time!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wrong prediction, for my opinion, TF5 will be at the 2nd place after Star Wars 8. Domestic will be around 400million and foreign will be around 1billion, so total is around 1.4 billion whether you believe or not.I trust in this because of excellent writers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Less than Pirates 5?

My prediction (Worldwide)
    1. Episode VIII
    2. Transformers: The Last Knight
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    4. Beauty and the Beast
    5. Justice League
    6. Despicable Me 3
    7. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
    8. Spider-man: Homecoming
    9. Fast 8
    10. Wonder Woman

The only one that's a guarantee to do 1 billion is Star Wars.

I think domestically it'll do less then AOE. About 225 mil. I think AOE was a huge turn off for people in the US and TLK is sandwiched between a lot of blockbusters this time around. Internationally, business will be boomin'.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Right now the biggest thing I'm watching is if it makes a billion dollars. After the fatigue from AOE it seems like it may be a bit more of an uphill battle this time. I'm sure it will, but that'll be something to watch for.

And yeah, there's no way anything is going to top Episode VIII next year. Guardians might hit a billion this time. I expect Beauty and the Beast to make Jungle Book money if they pull it off ($900 million), especially since the original film is the crown jewel of Disney, and Jungle Book was a good but not crown jewel level movie.

Pirates may also be in for a bit of a struggle to hit a billion this time. After Johnny Depp's fall from grace this year plus the fact it's been five years since #4, and no real sign of quality improving if you ask me, it's in for a fight.

Despicable Me 3 probably will get a billion if that Minions shit did it. Spider-Man Homecoming, I'll place in the 500-600 million range. If Wonder Woman pulls it off, 700 million. Fast 8 is an almost guaranteed lock for a billion.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The days of Transformers making 400 million domestically are long gone. I think the movie has a chance to hit 1 billion but it won't be because of 400 stateside.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    if the movie does great on China, there is a chance this could make 1 billion. in the USA i say it will make about 150-200 millions unless this one gets good word of mouth

• Like Like x 1
  11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not sure how this movie will cater to the Chinese market this time around as I don't recall any scenes taking place in China. Although, I can seem them aiming for a higher domestic gross with returning characters and by resembling the previous movies (it's what made the movies so big in the first place). The marketing is in full swing with the trailer expected to be released in December. I'm sure this movie will do better than AOE domestically.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm absolutely horrible at guessing the international box office so sure I guess maybe. Just too many cultural tastes, trends, and economies for me to sort it all out to say hey it's going to make this much.

Domestically I'm wondering if it can really turn around the domestic slide. Each film after Revenge of the Fallen has resulted in a smaller domestic box office so is there really anything that can turn those numbers around with just little fixes? Paramount thought they were fixing Star Trek and Ninja Turtles only to see both those franchises take domestic and international drops. It's easy to say you are going to fix things to change the numbers but much harder to turn those fixes into actual box office numbers.

I think China is kind of a question this time as well. It's not a co-production this time so that means the studio will not get the co-production cut meaning even if it makes exactly the same box office the studio gets less money. A lot more tickets will have to be sold to make up the difference.

After seeing some big movies flop or show disappointing box office runs and from several studios this year it's kind of hard to say what next year might be like. Seems like there are going to be a load of choices domestically and all of them might not be winners. With Chinese studios picking up their game it's hard to say if Hollywood films will have the same draw as they used to. That $320 million sounds pretty good for Age of Extinction until you compare it to the $526 million that The Mermaid took in so China is really picking up their domestic game because they don't have to appeal to everyone they can target their films in a way Hollywood can't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is because of poor storyline in the previous sequel, now already change to talented writers i believe audiences are able to pleased with the storyline and get better boxoffice figure.Same like Fast and Furious franchise.You can see the result when TF5 hit theatres..at least 350million if can't pass 400million.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1