The Last Autobot

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by spiritprime, Nov 8, 2010.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Recently I've been hearing and seeing about a couple of comics that tell the story about this being called The Last Autobot. I know he's only been mentioned during the Marvel comics, but I'm wondering who he is and why his face is like the Autobot symbol.

Anybody know as to why he was created by Primus in the first place? What does he transform into? What's so special about him? Does he have any special powers?

2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He was the guardian of Cybertron, much in the the way Vector Prime was the Guardian of Time, as to his alt mode, think of Vector Prime's but much bulkier. The TF wiki should have more info for you too.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Last_Autobot

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

There are some who theorize that he just might be one of the Thirteen. But, that's never been confirmed. :p 

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'm suspecting he may eventually be retconned into being Vector Prime.

5. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Probably this. I don't know yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I recalled correctly, he made towards the final issues (issue 79 and 80) in the Marvel TF comics? I think the last 2 issues? I also recall him transforming into a "space-ship" like vehicle and he had the ability to restore er, "dead" TFs and finally, his face resembles that of the Autobot symbol.

It think it was a pity that his character was not expanded in the G2 comics and it seems he was written out of TF history.

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    He's also my favorite redeco of the Vector Prime mold.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'll be disappointed if that happens because it'll be effectively doing away with The Last Autobot. But then Hasbro is trying to squash various parts of the TF mythology together to streamline it so it wouldn't suprise me. Just a bummer the poor Last Autobot has had his design taken by Vector and Vector is getting all the big fame now. Like having some guy copy your look at work and him getting the promotion you were supposed to have gotten.

I'm surprised The Last Autobot (in namedrop at least) hasn't cropped up in any of the BayFormers movies. Seems like the kind of buzz term Bay would probably like. I'd have enjoyed seeing a movie named 'Transformers: The Last Autobot'.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    In the comics he's sort of a messianic figure. Basically his appearance is kind of an "end of the world" / "rebirth" symbol (I saw some similarities to the Book of Revelations, but that's me). The Last Autobot appears when victory for the Autobots is all but impossible, their world is broken, they have been hunted and ambushed, and are currently being massacred by the remaining Decepticons. The activation of The Last Autobot (by "Prime" and the Neo-Knights) basically triggered a deus ex machina where he started ressurrecting the Autobots en masse faster than the Decepticons could kill them, forcing the Decepticons to surrender and swear to leave the Autobots (and Cybertron) in peace.

So for special powers, he can raise the dead I guess? And I guess its not so much his face is the autobot symbol as the autobot symbol is based on his face, a symbol of "until all are one" or whatever other symbolic value it has to the autobots who wear it as their sigil.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And strangely enough, Bludgeon thought he was this guy.

[​IMG]

11. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

The last stand must be the luckest one who avoided most of the fire focus.