Customs: The Last Autobot: Ideas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Altercron, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Im wanting to try my hand at customizing a Last Autobot. What would make a good staring point, other than the obvious Vector Prime?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure, but probably something with a none Earth vehicle mode. It all depends on how big of a change you plan on making to the TF itself. Like I'm currently planning a major custom starting with the two-pack Prime, making my own version of The Fallen. How big of a change do you plan on making, repaint, rebuild(like mine), or from scratch(like Lobo's Megatron) ?

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Cybertron Megatron might be good, if you're willing to do some MAJOR resculpting.

But Vector Prime really is perfect for it. Just flip him over for vehicle mode instead, and it'll be much closer to the Last Autobot's vehicle mode.

Either way, some kitbashing (moving the wings onto the shoulders instead and getting rid of most of VP's shoulder pads and sculpting a cockpit on the underside of VP's fuselage) would be needed.

Looking around at my tfs (and I have almost every tf from the past 7 years, mind you) I can't think of anyone else who'd really work for the Last Autobot.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You have a lot of good points there. I would be able to help more if I new what the Last Autobot looked like, and what his bio and history are.

5. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
  6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    In that case, VP would be the best place to start from for this one. What do you think of my The Fallen custom idea?

7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say VP is the most obvious choice, but, classics Jetfire has similarities as well...maybe a melding of the two guys would turn out nicely.

8. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

jetfire merged with VP would be your best bet on that on Cybertron starsream might work to but you'ld have alot of sculpting to do thuogh

9. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say start with Cybertron Starscream, but build it so that he's backwards in robot mode. I mean him back becomes his chest.

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas. Looks like I am gonna end up going and tracking down another Vector Prime anyway.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

You know, this may seem kinda weird, but what about using one of the Star Wars Transformers for a base? Or for additional parts? Maybe the Sith Infiltrator or Imperial Shuttle could add some bits and pieces. They both kind of bear a superficial resemblance to the Last Autobot. And hey, at least then the SW Transformers would be good for SOMETHING other than taking up valuable shelf space from real Transformers. :) 

But yeah, Vector Prime or Supreme Starscream probably seem like the best bets. VP already has a similar leg transformation, and his face looks like the Autobot symbol. Starscream has his wings on his shoulders like the LA, and a similar cockpit. Plus with Starscream, you'd have the benefit of him being HUGE compared to most other figures..... just like the LA is in the comic.

Good luck! It's a neat idea for a custom, please post pics of it when you're done so we can all enjoy it!