The Last Airbender: Legend Of Korra - Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tkemert20, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

While I wish the new series could be a continuation of the original series, with the story wrapping up all the loose ends from the end of the show, the creators have said they want to do a different story.

I kind of hope it's in years later, like a steam punk style future. It was hinted at where they'r world was headed technologically what with the Fire Nations industrial revolution and all.

Then at least we could see if the Air Nomads make a come back.

Ps. I really wish Azula could get some closure. Like maybe Zuko finds their mom and they help her, umm, not be crazy anymore? Yeah i'm going with that.

3. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BAD IDEA! The story ended because it was meant to end, not because it was canceled, etc. Having a wrap up movie, maybe showing the quest for Zuko's mother, etc, would work, but not another series, especially if they focus on the same characters. Then it just becomes like Ben 10 to Ben 10 Alien Force to Ben 10 Ultimate Alien.

4. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they had mentioned a WHILE back that if they made another series, it would be with a whole new group either many years before Aang was born or many years after Aang had passed on (the second of which would allow for them to flash back to the old crew for the fans)

5. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    ive heard of this a while ago. the running name was "avatar the legend of cora", if i remember right. (cora= zukos mom?)

6. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cora wasn't Zuko's mom. Her name was Ursa. Cora (if that is an accurate name) would be the name of the Avatar the show focuses on.

7. mrfang2

News Credits:
    thanks for the clarifacation, its been a while since i watched the seiries and i couldent remember that

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I've heard the legend of cora before, so it's possible it has some ring of truth to it. IIRC, I believe they mentioned they wanted to do a new series in the same world, but a different time period. And that the show would focus around someone who wasn't a bender or the Avatar, but would follow their journey through the world.

The original series intentionally left a lot of loose ends, mainly because the creators wanted to give themselves some way to continue on with the world and it's stories. It doesn't have to focus on the old gang, and most likely will have nothing to do with them, but if it's set in the same world and created in the same style with the same heart and passion of the original, it will still be a great show.

9. Tkemert20

News Credits:
  10. gil

gil Godmaster

Other than Zukko's mother, what other loose ends are there?

And Korra? Sounds like a Water Tribe member.

11. Tkemert20

News Credits:
    That's because the next Avatar in the cycle would be of the Water Tribe when Aang dies.
    The cycle goes like this:
    Earth > Fire > Air > Water

12. gil

gil Godmaster

That makes sense. BUT, we didn't and don't know that it's going to be a show about the next Avatar right after Ang. Could be, as mentioned earlier, that Kora may not be the Avatar or a Bender at all. And it could be during a Fire Nation Avatar and follow Kora and her peeps still hating the fire nation and won't accept this Avatar at all.

13. mrfang2

News Credits:
  14. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i hope it focuses on the return of the air nomads, angs life later down the road restoring the air nation and still dealing with the fall out of the war, and zukkos search for his mom with uncle's help.

to wrap up the final lose ends and continue the story, has well has set the stage for the next avatar.

also, wasn't korra one of the avatars previous lives. the water bender who loses his loved one to ko, the face stealer?

15. Tkemert20

News Credits:
    Touche... It would be cool to have a series in the Avatar universe, but have the main character a normal person, not a bender.

That's a cool idea too.

And that's Avatar Kuruk your thinking of.

16. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    thanks, couldnt tell for sure

17. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think if it were set further in the future, more technology would mean people would lose their affinity with the elements, and benders would be more scarce, and maybe feared and shunned by society. Or some other division between benders and regular people. And this normal girl(?) Korra gets swept up in the wacky adventures of the Avatar, trying to make their world right.

18. Tkemert20

News Credits:
    About the Air Nomads coming back, it's not that hard. Aang could just use Energybending to give a group of people Airbending ability.

19. mrfang2

News Credits:
    guys, just found somthing out from an old press release or something simmaler to that. the show may be LIVE ACTION! i hope not. it may continue from the live action movies though, that could have a slight chance of working

20. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    wow.I loved the first one , so I probably will love this one