The lack of common sense on TruTV...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jorod74, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i admit, it's a guilty pleasure to watch TruTV's White Trash shows- "Operation Repo", "All Worked Up" and "Hardcore Pawn".

but watching the two hillbillies of "Lizard Lick Towing" makes me wonder if humans can be really that stupid.

i mean, when someone shoots your car up with a rifle, calling the cops makes sense. Especially if everybody in the area knows the person that did it is the state psychopath.

...and when the man shows up at your place of business, call the cops, will ya? they didn't.
    they waited until after a gun is pulled and they are taken hostage before anything is done.

the fact that they let this kind of thing happen repeatedly (without ever really calling the cops) must prove there are forms of life with lower I.Q.s than Miracle Whip.

i am not an aggressive person, but i have enough of an education and common sense to know how to cure the C.A.B.S. (Crazy Ass Bitch Syndrome.)

if the cops can't help, i still have the right to protect myself and my livelihood.
    and if they have to have a coroner repo the body later, oh well.

i don't get how these people downplay the seriousness of pissed off people with no common sense.

could be worse...they could be as brilliant as those "Whale Wars" loons.

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    half, if not all, the so-called reality shows on TruTV(Operation Repo, All Worked Up, Hardcore Pawnm & Lizard Lick Towing) are half real & half recreated stories that happened to them cause of the job they do.

they even state such on certain openings of certain episodes of Operation Repo from what i've seen when i've gone past TruTV when that sh*t starts.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I pretty much restrict my viewing of that channel to "World's Dumbest" and "Forensic Files".

BTW, anybody know what happened to that "Man vs Cartoon" show?

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's the only thing on TruTV i watch no matter how many times i've already seen certain episodes

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I watch Worlds Dumbest and Pawn..

Frankly I'm sick of people calling Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars cheap. Watch Hardcore Pawn. Les Gold makes Rick look like a philanthropist by comparison. Saw one episode where an old guy is selling some jewelry, gems and polished rocks after his wife died. The daughter was offering a decent amount for it but the guy was a little hesitant. Les comes in says he'll offer a $100 on top of what she offered (with out hearing her price). Then when he finds out what she offered he says the stuff is junk and cuts the offer in half or so to only about $200 (iirc). The old guy was reluctant but oked it. Then it cuts to the interview and Les brags he probably could have got it cheaper from the guy if he wanted to. Class act there I tell ya.

Pawn Stars is better. Better items, better workers, better class of customers, etc. Les is sleaze who happily takes someone's last dime and gives them 1 penny in return.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i used to frequent a nightclub years ago- and it became so predictable, just like these shows. i felt like a community college wannabe Jane Goodall, studying the behaviours of the crowd.

it never got old to me, though. it's fascinating how the faces change, but the behaviour doesn't.

whether the show is re-enactments, mostly fake or somewhat true, i still see things i used to spot instantly on my outings.
    yep, not much changes- people are not stable.
    aw hell, give em booze and let's make it interesting.

just fascinating.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I only watch Forensic files and shows like Murder by the book on TruTV.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

worlds dumbest only on TRU myself.. well and the one that follows it, world most shocking or whatever it is.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

im the same.

10. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Most of those are fake and scripted....but ya knew that, just saying.....

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Only thing on that channel I watch is World's Dumbest, and occasionally It Only Hurts When I laugh.

A lot of those shows they try to inject "drama" into them, in the form of conflict. They're trying to ride the coat tails of American Chopper, when Sr. and Jr. were always at each others' throats. Oddly enough, I think Discovery has tried to get away from that, on their other shows. (I'd be more interested in American Chopper, if they'd drop OCC, and just focus on Pauly's shop, but I guess that's a discussion for another thread.)

12. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Same here.