The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you leave him in alt mode. Just get an xacto knife and trim the tab down.

2. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Insert ice pun.

I mean in robot mode.

3. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Well the chest won't tab in unless you fix it so...

4. TheWarPathGuy

Is it still playable in robot mode? Even if the chest issue gets in the way? I had an arm problem with KO Wheeljack and it didn't bother me.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Actually, an oversized KO version of those molds would be pretty sweet... especially the Megatron. Bumping the size to Voyager+ would have my attention, and it would be cheaper than the 3rd Party versions of Stealth Megatron.

Actually... yes, it probably can be ignored. You can still sort of "hook" the chest to the tab, even if it doesn't fully lock in place. In most cases, you might not even notice (I didn't for the first while I had my KO Sideswipe)... the chest would just have a tendency to flip up if you're handling or posing the figure.

BUT... it's recommended just to use a knife or some sandpaper to shave down that little nub a bit so it does lock properly. It's extremely easy to do, and makes the bot mode much more sturdy.

zmog

6. TheWarPathGuy

Can I use a normal kitchen knife? Their pretty sharp.

7. SMOG

The plastic isn't especially hard. I wouldn't use a kitchen knife, just because they tend to be longer, so you'd have less control focused on a very small area (also easier to slip). A small exacto-knife (box cutter) is what I use for stuff like this usually. You can shorten the blade so it's easier to cut tiny layers of plastic off to allow something to fit. It won't take much at all.

Or even just a small bit of sandpaper would probably work, or a small file. The tab is just slightly too large for the slot, so you barely have to remove any plastic at all (plus you still want it to be tight enough to "click" in securely).

You'll be fine. Once you have it in hand, you'll see what we're talking about. :) 

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Whoah, Starscream colored as Blitzwing. That's some amazing foreshadowing of the Bumblebee movie. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

I found some Knockoffs today at a Tuesday Morning, was pretty surprised. Three small ones at $2 a piece and two 'large' carded ones - a two-pack and a large single figure - at $6 each.

Starting with the small figures, there were actually four different ones but I only got three, as the fourth was actually a duplicate of the G2 Cyberjet knockoff I've had for a few years. I named him Tracer (this was before Overwatch happened) and for a KO he's actually pretty robust for being made with sub-par plastic - the only thing missing are his decals but they're shitty quality if you're only paying $2 and they looked awful, even though he's basically a color-shifted version of Robotmasters X-Gunner. Likewise, the similarly colored guy with the larger wings is supposed to be a KO of Delta Seeker, X-Gunner's rival in their 2-pack. The bike is a straight, lower quality clone of Robotmasters Sideways/Doubleface, the mold itself originally G2 Road Pig, but all the bits are there. The last is a KO of Robotmasters Victory Leo missing his big gun, his shoulders are too tight to even have perpendicular rotation, and he actually has the ability to combine with I'm guessing the KO that would exist for Star Saber in this line but that figure wasn't at the store.
    [​IMG]

The 2-pack of the larger carded sets are these planes, collectively called 'TornadoNumber' on the otherwise entirely Japanese package. I'll be up front - at $3 a piece they're STILL shit because they barely transform properly and are missing a ton of parts the back-of-the-card instructions talk about.
    [​IMG]

I don't even know who these guys are knockoffs of, some kinda Brave thing?

[​IMG]

The 'super mode' armor on this one doesn't even fit properly - NONE of the sockets it's supposed to attach to exist! It's just hanging on because the super mode head is hollow and on top of the 'normal' pinhead.

[​IMG]

I will admit, there is ONE funny detail about this - everybody fears the fearsome FIGHBIRD!
    [​IMG]

But saving the best for last, I let out an audible gasp when I saw this guy. See, I've been dreaming of getting one of those steam engine Transformer KOs for years and now I finally got one. No idea what this guy is based on, beyond there's supposed to be a disc launching gimmick in the chest (which this guy actually has! At least, the disc in the chest - it's molded to the release trigger though so it's a non functioning gimmick despite the box showing the disc flying out of the chest), but damn this guy actually looks really really good.
    [​IMG]

As for Transformation...well, he ALMOST got there.
    [​IMG]
    And this time it isn't the fault of the figure missing parts like the hands or places for pieces to connect to, like the previous figures, but because the rotation joint inside the waist is SUPER tight and I don't want to force it as it's surprisingly hard to get leverage past a certain point. Still, close enough for a KO in my book since the robot mode is awesome.

Apparently, the guy who put the stickers on thought that's what the end product was SUPPOSED to look like, as the cab window stickers are upside down!
    [​IMG]
    Fortunately, they were easy to peel off and reattach properly - the quality is also NOTICABLY higher than any other KO I've experienced.

I also just looked at the package for him - a.k.a. 'SteelDivine' - and he seems to be from the same line as 'Fighbird' as the stolen package art has the plane sitting on top of the rear tender, while a gold car is driving out from the secret compartment underneath (which explains why there are otherwise entirely useless panels on his feet). Anybody know what these guys are from? The aircraft KOs are rubbish but 'SteelDivine' is so awesome I want to know what the REAL one is.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. VictoryStarSaber

VictoryStarSaber Active Member

TornadoNumber is a KO of the DX Fighbird and Granbird from Brave of the Sun Fighbird. Fighbird is the blue jet and Granbird is the white space shuttle. SteelDivine is a KO of Advenger from Brave of Gold Goldran.

• Like Like x 2
  11. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Some of those I’ve seen at Tuesday Morning but not the Fighbird one. The Tuesday Morning that used to be close to where I lived had a couple Liokaiser components at one point too.

Picked up the train some time back. Can’t remember his proper name but I know he’s from the Brave series Goldran.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Wait, Fighbird isn't Engrish?

Huh, wouldn't have predicted that in a million years. If you can't tell, I'm clueless when it comes to Brave as all I know is one series has an orange construction combiner that flexes a lot (RIP Fun-ness on a Stick and Bob, you continue to be missed) and another has a retooled Sixshot.

Yeah, KO's have become surprisingly hard to find in my area - the last time before today when I checked that Tuesday Morning I didn't see any, so I had to nab the ones I saw today.

All but TornadoNumber are going on display - TornadoNumber got shoved back in its package since at least the plane modes look cool with the gold chrome but I don't have space for that kind of display.

13. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Any chance we'll see a ko of this? I need one asap, 150 dollars or less.

14. Rattlehead1320

Rattlehead1320 Well-Known Member

I bought few Miniso KO, its the first time I actually bought KO Transformers. Its surprisingly look really good even from close up. Now I just need to do some repaint. I think its an upscale version from generations 30th anniversary.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Machine boy megatron is that you?

• Like Like x 1
  16. SMOG

Fighbird is -sort of- Engrish... but the official sort of Engrish that is so common to anime series.

The orange construction combiner is likely Build Tiger from Brave Police J-Decker...

*Not to be confused with a gay furry superhero called "Build Tiger" for some reason... which also seems to come up a lot when you google that name. :eek: 

zmog

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Are there any reasonably priced knock off G1 Predaking fists? I own the original, but don't have the fists.

18. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    You'd be as well just looking for individual fists on EBay, they'd probably end up about the same price.

19. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    New Super Wings.

IMG20181007213832_Super_Wings_S4_Neo.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits: