The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Usually, Paypal allows users to pay WITHOUT joining. It's an official part of the service. However, there are times when I (and other users online) get sent to a "join paypal or sign up" page instead (even when every other time at the same shopping site we have the "pay by credit card" option). Shopping site owners have also complained, but from the help threads I have read, little or nothing has been done about it. It just seems that Paypal wants to make non-members join, which is what I am unhappy about.

Also, I just like using my credit card and don't want to jjoin yet another system. In Japan (and other countries), that's a common thing. Just because something is big in the USA, doesn't mean that it's the standard, or wanted, elswhere.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Hmm bummer only problem i have with PayPal are those sites that still wants credit card info. Living in a debit system the main problem is a credit card (not speaking for the rest of the world) and don't know any of those other options. It's Ideal, PayPal or a bank transfer here other systems cost money or ain't accepted here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear about that. I forgot to add that, when I couldn't use my credit card to pay, going to the help section and selecting "email PayPal" then elicits the site to state that I "need an account" to get help.

That is why I think Paypal's behavior is coercive.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the topic of PayPal, a few years back here in Taiwan PayPal decided that they were only going to allow money to be transferred to and from one bank, forcing people to sign up with that bank. Also, we are no longer able to use PayPal to send to or receive money from other PayPal accounts registered within Taiwan, effectively rendering it entirely useless.

• Like Like x 2
  5. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    I used to feel the same. I mean, I have a perfectly good and valid credit card, why do you require me to have PayPal? Eventually I caved in as the item I wanted was only available at one online retailer and they only accept PayPal. With other services that I use like Patreon, it's like swimming against the tide.

China have their own electronic wallet system which they are trying to expand internationally, but even their vendors and online sellers recognize that the rest of the world prefer the convenience of PayPal. Though, that doesn't stop the unscrupulous from trying to scam the unwary (eg "please withdraw your PayPal complaint so that we can refund you").

I too had the same fears of negotiating with PayPal customer service, but several experiences helped to convince me that they are more responsive than my local bank when it comes to international transactions.

• Like Like x 4
  6. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    I picked one of these lovely retina burning KO's from @SirToys to be my deluxe sized Marvel Emirate Xaaron (with a hint of customizing) which I think should work ok.
    His head is on a flat mushroom peg so he can only spin his head around, no up or downwards movement but if you where to remove the head, a Titan Master could be squeezed in, perhaps with a little bit of wiggling!
    The plastic is a little thin but he's sturdy enough to pose (see my pics in quoted post above).
    Mine came with two right legs but its not even noticeable as the moulding is almost the same but this doesn't affect the transformation.
    Grab one! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Have not bought KO anything for a while, just picked up this CW Bruticus one for $50 aud shipped from Ali Express.

Mainly to use as spare limbs for combiners or possible repaints etc.

It's the same one listed on Sirtoys as "CBB" for Combaticons and Defensor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone else pointed out yet that Hotspot has the stronger blue and combined mode paint apps of UW Hotspot?

10. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    No, but you beat me to it.

11. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

• Like Like x 2
  12. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I managed to order from Sirttoys, using paypal. It forced me to join as a guest, so I "joined", payed with credit card, and immediately closed my account.

While out in the wilds of the internet, I got an email from ShowZ. Apparentl;y, they won't stock stuff like the recent CW figues, as they don't deal with figures under 40 US Dollars. That means Sirtoys has a niche/gap in the market.

13. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. Ordered one, I found myself living all the original 'transformers' I ordered so far, even though the articulation often is kind of arbitrary.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

14. PC Brodimus

PC Brodimus Leader of the Sarcastatrons

No sign of the CW KO's on Ali or Ebay. Just sirtoys then?

15. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    Smartlulup002 has them for sale on Aliexpress.

16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Someone hurry and order. I needs to know the quality. Defensor, especially.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
  18. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Their warehouse space is limited too. I do reviews for them and ordered constructor and they told me they then order it from toyworld directly

• Like Like x 1
  19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    ShowZ's warehouse?

20. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some deal and coupon offers (on Ebay) require you to have a paypal account to get the discount.
    So there is one reason to have a Paypal account.
    But as I use eBay Cashback, Coupon Codes & Discounts | TopCashback whenever I buy on Ebay it's the most convenient way to get paid my Cashback for me to have a Paypal account.

If security is a worry then open 2 account link one to you payment source & only use it to send money to yourself and don't add any payment source to the other at all - then move the money manually into the one you pay for goods with. then no one can hijack either account as one has no link to anyone but you and the other one has no funds to steal in it. So super safe.

• Like Like x 1