The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, the free shipping is one of the things that has pushed me more to ShowZ lately

• Like Like x 2
  2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I think sites like BBTS and can TFSource need to open an office and warehouse in China. From there, they can basically sell KOs and/3P or even Hasbro Asia stuff with cheap/free shipping. They could even make a subsidiary company that deals with 3P/KO stuff.

If they don't, they might lose customers. Does anyone know of any places online that sell official Hasbro (Asia) and 3p stuff straight out of China, with cheap/free shipping?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    BBTS based in China = defeats the purpose.

You asking for Hasbro stuff when you clearly rate it below KO = Mind boggling :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Why? Currently, some of the China based websites are able to sell similar products with free shipping. Why would I buy a similar product for 30 dollars shipping? Thus, it is useful to have branches or distribution centres globally, in order to ensure more customers around the world get cheaper shipping.

As for Hasbro, although I LOVE KOs, there are times when I want the original, such as when they're are no KO versions, or no good KO versions.

5. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Yeah , I get it... But in regards to BBTS; they already paid import costs on all(most) of their offerings... To recoup costs on an export seems logical.

If you really wanna throw out company names that make you "clench" hard when you factor shipping - RK.

As for ko's of Hasbro - I thought weijiang should have made that their primary focus a year ago.

• Like Like x 2
  6. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    RK? Wassat?

As for the likes of BBTS, if they had a (Chinese) centre, they wouldn't need to recoup import costs, as they would be at the source.

7. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    RK for Robot Kingdom.

• Like Like x 2
  8. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    They look great and they are cheap, but I doubt the lesser quality plastic will last longer than a few years before going brittle.

9. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    KO / Knock Off in a specific sense is often an REPLICA of anything you care to name that is owned by some company, and made without their permission.

KO in a generic sense can be any product that copies the IDEAS but not specifically the product itself.
    Eg Battletoads are a knock off of Ninja Turtles (generic sense)

Some folks consider ANYTHING by an unlicensed third party (Maketoys, DX0, KFC) etc based on someone else's IP (Hasbro/Takara) to be a "Knock Off" which is true it is.

HOWEVER, folks who only use "KO" for everything, tend to piss off** people like myself who use the term mainly to mean "unofficial replicas of EXISTING toy molds".

**[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Talk to the hand!

IMG_20180315_204813~01.jpg

Spot the KO.

IMG_20180315_203943~01.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That explains why all people don’t have the same definition of KO

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Wanna say the left one if it is just one

13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

The one with the red inner calves and very white pale face.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

• Like Like x 1
  15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Hm....Soooooo. Does anybody know where I can get a hold of some G1 KO aerialbots? I would prefer them to be the size of the originals,combining and dont give a rats turd about the colours. Preferably not snapping by just looking at them from the wrong angle. Oh and not boxed sets if possible. (I know I am hard to please, dont look at me like that....).

16. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    tenor-7.gif

However, it won't have a pale white face for long.

I've also got to put some basic varnish on the hip and shoulder joints, as they are floppier than the original. A small price to pay for the beautiful paint, though.

Btw, I ordered four toys from ShowZ, all together and was given one tracking number. However, I only received this one figure yesterday.

Does ShowZ usually send ordered out, figure-by-figure (as the postage is free)?

How can I track these if they are all individual?

17. robh

robh Decepticon

Yeah... good post. To complicate things further, typically what we call "KO's" in this fan base really should be called counterfeit as a lot of times they are packaged like the actual product. However, the sellers typically list it as KO, so it's not as clear cut "counterfeit" as some random dude on the corner trying to sell you a Louis Vuitton bag for 50 bucks. Frankly at that point you don't know if it's counterfeit or stolen, but you know it's not legit!

It really boils down to people need to learn the fan base dialect rather than looking at webster's. With that dialect thing in mind, I sure hope people stop using the 4th party BS non-sense. At least with the other terms you can at least make a logical case for it. I've yet to seen a good argument around 4th party, because *ta-da* it doesn't make sense!

• Like Like x 2
  18. pilot00

I am with you in that it doesnt make sense, but a huge number of things dont and they are stuck. I fear this might be the case as well.

19. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Ironic that you use webster as the example to contrast with "fan base dialect." Language evolves. I learned not too many years ago, that merrian-webster dictionary is 'descriptive, not prescriptive.' Meaning, it tries to track/capture the language as it's being used, and updates accordingly, whereas other dictionaries are more static to the standard or 'correct' use of words.

Take 'irregardless' for instance. That word doesn't make sense, and used to cause my father to physically cringe when people used it; however it was used so frequently that merrian-webster adopted it into its dictionary (and it was a funny moment when I let him know they added it :D ). I say, if people want to utilize a term/category for '4th party,' then so be it. It's obvious KO is a broadly (and inconsistently) used term, so if one/some want to break out a sub category that is more descriptive, then should that really be an issue?

You can try want listing at sirtoys. the various versions could combine to a central body, but they'd need customization for the combiner hands and/or feet to attach to the limbs.
    The Knock off transformers thread

• Like Like x 4
  20. pilot00

Thank you, but those look like combiner wars KOs. I meant original G1 KOs.