The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Oct 3, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

TO BE FAIR...

In this thread we often share feedback and experiences we've had with particular sellers. This is normal.

No, we DON'T know all the specifics of every particular case. We never do. But that's why we rely on things like feedback ratings and reviews and anecdotal accounts - to get a survey of experiences that consumers have had.

I like Paul. Most of us here have had great dealings with him as a seller. HOWEVER... if someone else doesn't have such a good transaction, then I DO believe that they have the right to share that experience in a relevant forum... like this one.

We don't mock them. We don't threaten them. We don't tell them to shut up. We don't call them idiots. That's bad behaviour. Let the dude's review of the service he got - and the countless positive reviews Sirtoys gets from users here - speak for themselves.

I think some of you are out of line on this one. Enough with the flamebaiting contest. Just because one client has a bad experience with a seller and shares that review, that doesn't give any of us here the right to badger, or provoke, or dogpile him. We're not a cult.

If we do, then all we do is prove FunkyRenegade's comments about Kool-Aid correct. Seriously. So let's all chill.

zmog

• Like Like x 19
  2. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Bravo and well said
    Also sirtoys frequents this forum and can chime in if he wants to.

Personally, nothing but great service from when I have ordered I'm just out of the KO game these days as my official and 3p stuff is taking up too much space as it is!

• Like Like x 2
  3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the wannabe Predators/Rainbow Aerialbots are really craptastic? Darn... Kind of hoped there was some sort of decent, cheap alternative to official Aerialbots that'd be customizable. (Or I had grabbed that second CW Superion set back when Marshalls had them at 40$. Blargh.)

5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Sounds awful!

• Like Like x 4
  6. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I have finally found sleep again after all those lost years... Sometimes behind the wheel, mind you... But oh so glorious sleep. :lol 

SMOG is right in a sense, but missed the original point of the intro convo... I was sarcastic about age difference in a joking manner, and someone tried to call me out on being a father and not knowing the difference between 2 and 3 years old... We are past that, and I am enjoying @FunkyRenegade 's ease back to reality... Humor rules, even if slapstick.

Sadly, I feel lumped into a category I was not a part of by @SMOG about me addressing the OP... I never actually responded to the OP, and only offered "My" personal experiences/gatherings via sirtoys... Blacklisting is a thing, and it sucks.

@SMOG has seemingly lumped 2 enitely different posts/conversations into one in his view... But he can be right in a different direction, iirc.

I call it like I see it, on here and in real life situations.

Funny thing... I ran into a fellow tf collector in a TRU recently, and man... I thought I was in the wrong hobby. He was so... Dungeons and Dragons? It felt odd conversing with him on a simple thing like transformers, as I am a normal hard working truck driving family man...

I don't care about tf fiction, as I am only in it for the toys with money to burn.

For future reference: I am a smartassed presumptuous prick with dark humor and an ego that stems from real life badassery... I don't mean to stir anyone up, but absolutely despise internet bafoons that wouldn't look me in the eye in real life... So my apologies to anyone NOT afraid to go out in public, drink, shoot pool and what have you.

Rant over... <3 me

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 12:36 AM
    • Like Like x 4
  7. SMOG

Oh, no, there's no confusion at all. Cast your eyes upward on this very page, and you will clearly see that I was responding directly to your response to FunkyRenegade, re: "drinking the Kool-Aid"... and not at all to the pissing match over who knows parenting best. :) 

We're grown men obsessed with childhood toys. We're all different varieties of geeks / man-children, but there's plenty of crossover. I know many "Dungeons & Dragons" nerds who are normal, hard-working, truck-driving family men, macho dudes, firearms enthusiasts, athletes, university professors, etc... and plenty of "normal" dudes who are actually just plain totally FU.

Pretty hard to put all of us in neat little boxes. Especially if it's mostly to present yourself as a "real life badass" by comparison... which, to be honest, sounds like you're trying way too hard to compensate, bud... here in a forum populated by grown-ass men collecting toy robots. Never trust anyone who feels the need to advertise how 'normal', tough, smart, cool, manly, or straight they are. Just calling it like I see it. :wink: 

My interest in the fiction tends to be pretty specific, and cuts off around 1987, and smolders a bit during the IDW comic book years, when the writers were fans themselves who grew up and started telling smart stories about silly kid stuff. Haven't much cared for a TF TV series since I was waking up at 6am weekday mornings to catch installments of The Ultimate Doom in grade school... but the real draw is just the tactile experience of holding a proper physical object in your hands, especially one that's well-made, cool-looking, and well-engineered.

Or who am I kidding? It's about managing to somehow channel, even for one brief instant, some sliver of the wonder and excitement we felt when we were kids. We're always chasing that dragon, and if you can catch it, it's a hell of a drug. :) 

...sorry, but you'll just have to make do with this.
    [​IMG]

zmog

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 3:43 AM
    • Like Like x 8
  8. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    :lol  @ your eye picture... You need more gym time, bud.;) 

I agree on the toy front though. :thumb 

Also, @FunkyRenegade was not the original OP with the sirtoys problem... Never chewed the OP out about anything, nor even commented directly to him, let alone called him names.

Me and 'funky just got... Well, funky... Over communal disagreements on customer service.

You're wrong, smug... Again.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 5:23 AM
  9. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is a thread in bad need of a dislike button. Still, thank god for ignore!

• Like Like x 12
  10. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Fully agree.

• Like Like x 4
  11. FunkyRenegade

FunkyRenegade Well-Known Member

That's a very eloquent way to put it. How I try to justify things to the wife every time another hundred dollar figure arrives in the mail haha. It's hard to communicate to a non-collector that feeling of seeing and holding your favorite childhood transformers as an updated, highly detailed and articulated incarnation.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SMOG

Sorry, man. I don't send other men gym pics because I'm not on Grindr, and I'm not desperately trying to convince anybody that I'm an alpha male on a toy-robot forum. But my eyebrows can bench 275. :wink: 

A) Backpedaling is weak. Your interaction with FR was specifically about the OP airing his grievances with Sirtoys in this forum... and B) you've assumed that that my post was directed exclusively at you. Sorry, bud... but it's not always all about you.

zmog

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM
    • Like Like x 4
  13. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I don't tell my girlfriend what I spend on these toys, or how much I spend on the reprolabels that she puts on them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SMOG

Ha! Yeah, well... eloquent in my use of cliches and cribbing from Dave Chappelle, I guess. :lol 

But, yeah... my partner has no problem with my toy-buying, but somehow I always mumble some justifications anyway, probably as much for myself as anyone. You can also drop terms like "material culture" and "haptic memory" if you want to go highbrow about it... but at the end of the day, I'm still just some adult man who buys action figures that remind him of his childhood, like any number of self-indulgent A-holes out there. It's a common affliction for our generation. :D 

As for that thrill... I wonder how long it's been since I've really caught it... that elusive feeling I used to get when I found new TFs on the shelf in 1984, and they seemed new and different and fantastic. Or that smell that used to come out of the boxes when you opened them (was it plastic fumes? Pressurized Hong Kong air?).

Now I get stuff, turn it around in my hands a few times, maybe pose or transform it, say "that's a good rendition of (insert name) for my shelf" and then move on to the next fix, which I already saw on the internet 5 months ago. Sigh.

So maybe it's not the same thrill. Not anymore. But I still get something out of it, so buy-buy-buy! Keep the plastic crack flowing! :lol 

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  15. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I like "Haptic Memory" gonna use that one in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  16. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Quoted for eloquence. 100% the dragon I'm chasing.

If I ever manage to recapture that moment when 8 year old me was brought into an indie toyshop that was lined wall-to-wall with what were either Pre-TF/Euro/Bootlegs(or some mix of the three) versions of every damn TF I knew and so much more........

I'd probably still want to escalate....addiction is a bitch.

But, I still dream of that place. If time travel was a thing, and we all got one ticket, a trip to that store with a giant wad of cash would probably be what I'd do.

• Like Like x 1
  17. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    Yeah... I'm going to have to do it. Despite one of the posters that typically does provide good info, i'm tired of the constant bickering and name calling. It gets old, especially from one that thinks they are better than everyone else. On the up side, this thread will get a lot more interesting with one-sided arguments. Much the way the news and rumors forum did once I ignored a few of the regular a-holes on it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HEROBRINE III

HEROBRINE III You know that infamous MCPE Greifer...

I second this. I almost considered unwatching the thread, JUST because of the flamebaiting going on. Not everyone will recieve perfect service, despite any evidence which would support otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SMOG

We're usually pretty good in here in terms of behaviour... well, better than some other areas of the forum at least. So that's something. :wink: 

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    Any of you guys know of KO toku toys? I kinda want to customize a ranger key and I would find it much easier if there was a cheap enough option

The mechs/zords would be neat too, if there are some worth picking up, but they need elbows.