The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    In answer to your question...

20160913_170714.jpg 20160913_175818.jpg 20160913_174754.jpg 20160913_174308.jpg 20160913_172853.jpg 20160913_172505.jpg 20160913_172334.jpg 20160913_171031.jpg 20160913_181333.jpg 20160913_180553.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

I tried to be patient and wait for sirtoys to resolve an issue but hes ducking the problem. First off, he ignored me for 4-5 days and when he did respond, he ignored my complaint about a broken toy. So i responded again about said issue. He then comes back a day later hiding behind a disclaimer.

Let this be a warning to anyone buying crap from paul. He doesnt want to replace a toy that arrived broken. He wants to hide behind a disclaimer instead. Ive had to open a dispute with paypal and i will let them decide the outcome.

You think his slow and overpriced shipping is bad. his after sales service is non existent.

This is the first time ive ever had an issue with a TF seller from china about replacing broken toys. Leave it to sirtoys.

Regards.

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. This isn't the Sirtoys.com feedback/complaint/customer service thread.
    2. I'm sure Paul's not "hiding behind a disclaimer" - he's totally upfront about the nature of some of the stuff he sells. You have to click a box acknowledging you understand...it even TLDR's you a "jist"summary of what you clicked in case you didn't read.
    3. I haven't been following your posts, so I don't know what item you're having a problem with, but I've never had an issue with getting a replacement for any of the higher-end stuff. If it was a low- end to mid-grade KO though, breakage and QC is part of the game with this part of the hobby.

So much of this stuff is in low numbers, hard or impossible to replace, and for the cheaper stuff, just not worth it for anyone involved when garbage-toys designed for children to break perform as expected and turn into broken garbage. Just because us adult fans are willing to pay a premium price and import shipping for a(n amazing and cool and special and wonderfully wacky) piece of crap, doesn't entitle us to expecting anything more than exactly what we're getting.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Starskreem

considering he basically lists items in this thread for sale, its relevant. Sorry, but i would like toys that i paid for to show up not broken. Or at the very least be offered a replacement part if said item is broken. OMG the entitled me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Disclaimers exist for a reason, did you read his before buying or did you just blindly click?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Starskreem

Well if we are being specific about disclaimers.

he states. "willing to accept a """certain"""" amount of breakage and repair damage due to transit yourself."

certain amount of breakage and repair damage can mean differing things to him and me -- it does. technically, his disclaimer is incomplete and it is truly undefined.

Im willing to accept a certain amount of damage to a degree. broken/unfixable is beyond my certain amount of breakage.

if parts came chipped, warped, bad paint etc and the toy could still be used as intended, so be it. however, when you buy devastator and his leg arrives broken and he cannot be used as devastator, that goes past an undefined certain amount of breakage. it goes into unacceptable broken beyond repair damage... send me the 1 dollar replacement part at least.

but no..

• Like Like x 1
  7. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

I've had two defective parts arrive from ST and one broken bot and Paul has replaced them all three times.

So let's just assume from your postings here and in other threads that you were hostile with him right from the start and conclude that is the reason he's not offering replacements.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Starskreem

Actually, i wrote a message covering the entirety of the order to him, even praised the WJ Kos he sent. hes not offering replacements because hes not. he ignored my complaint the first time and only talked about those said WJ kos basically. i had to bring it up in a second reply and then his reply defers straight to his disclaimer.

so it will be up to paypal. ive never directly opened up a paypal dispute ever, ever. Nearing 1k transactions as a seller and buyer, so who knows how they judge things. I've never had a broken toy not be offered a replacement part/piece, ever.

9. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Meaning he's probably around 2 years and 10 or 11 months which is quite a far step from simply 2 years old and is worth mentioning.
    Are you a parent? If you're not, I can see why you may think it's silly to be mentioning 'nearly 3'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last point of engagement, but out of curiosity since we're all comparing notes here anyway. What specific toy did you have an issue with? You said something about a Devestator, but there are dozens of them of wildly varying quality and availability. WHAT you're trying to get a replacement for matters. Also, shot in the dark here...is part of the concern that you don't want to have to pay to ship the figure back to China and/or ship the replacement part back to the US? Because, that's where all the nasty expenses are.

11. Starskreem

The main issue was CW G1 KO Devastator. Mixmaster showed up in two pieces (Im sure he could buy a complete set in china for 3-4 dollars) I left the ball in pauls court to see how he would handle the issue. All i originally wanted was a replacement mixmaster.

However, since he wanted to just throw his disclaimer at me, now i want a refund and have escalated that process to paypal.

Theres also a secondary issue with other toys, one that was borderline. BUT using certain undefined breakage definitions there is another questionable set. Since paul wants to throw that at me, well that second set more than qualifies as well.

Once again ive left it up to him to decide, he can refund partial or up to the entire order and i will send it all back. I dont care if shipping costs eats into things, it's a matter of principle now.

OR it'll be up to paypal to decide. if they rule in his favor, so be it. Just letting people know my experience is all. especially since he lists his toys in this thread

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I do agree that customers should NOT expect (or accept) items arriving broken. While it's true that Chinese long-distance shipping is not always the most gentle method, there is also a degree to which the shipper should bear some responsibility for how they packed the items, and how casual negligence might have caused something to break in transit.

I've only had this issue once with Sirtoys, when a box arrived caved in on one corner like an accordion. An OS TFC Aerialbot was packed lengthwise in jetmode, so that any give in the box applied pressure to the ends of the jet. As a result, the antenna on the nosecone broke (not a big issue) and the rather shoddy clip-arm used to attach the entire nosecone to the body cracked (which was a real problem). In this case, Paul was able to replace the clip-arm and also (unasked for) the nosecone piece as well, and shipped them along in my next order. So :thumb  on that one.

Because these toys are cheap KOs, purchasing them is purely a 'buyer beware' scenario. But I don't think we should feel 'buyer beware' about the actual store service. If awkward or inadequate packing contributed to an item breaking en route (bad placement in the box, or inadequate protection), then I think it is fair to ask the store to take responsibility and provide a replacement.

If the toy breaks due to shoddy construction and/or mishandling after arrival, then in that case, I do not think the store is responsible for buyer's remorse.

But in this case, I do agree with Starskreem that a buyer should buy in confidence that the items will -arrive- in good condition.

zmog

• Like Like x 3
  13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Welp, first I've heard of anyone being unhappy with Paul.

Must be the exception and not the rule. Paul is nothing but A+ in my book.

• Like Like x 2
  14. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Next time I order from China I am upgrading shipping . I want my thf sound blaster now :)  should be somewhat soon now.

15. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Just received my OS KO Headmasters from sirtoys (all but one, Brainstorm should be here this week) awesome bots well worth it. Then I ordered the three KO gravity builder bots,Used EMS for that order but their on delay because of the Chinese holiday,Cant wait to get them.

16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

KO Menasor from the Days of old, I wish I had kept the giftbox: DSC01150.jpg

KO Action master Jazz in all his neon glory: DSC01153.jpg
    DSC01151.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ive had a communication issue before. I didnt get a response from the site, so I kindly posted in here, and he seen it, fixed me right up.

From what I understand, the guy is a ONE PERSON show..he works..has life..and CATERS to millions around the world to sell cheap toys...TOYS.

relax..that dude is solid. we all get excited and want "our shit now.." but understand whats going on before you really go off.

I bet if you PM him here you ll get a quick response.

18. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Ehh, blowing up in here in regards to a negative interaction with sirtoys isn't really a good start... In my time being a kollector, I have seen many a blacklisted complainees from future offerings.

Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Did you have your morning covfefe?

• Like Like x 3
  20. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Of course they did. This is the the KO thread. No authentic coffee here, only knockoff covfefe.

• Like Like x 4