The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I'd love to get those different colored Cosmos. Too bad Kmart doesn't exist in my area anymore.

2. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the 2 relatively close to me is closing down (if not already closed by now). They're in the same plaza as a Toys R Us (which is the closest to me by a long shot). So it doesn't seem that either store was bringing the other much traffic. Curious to know, what was the price on those fellas? Might be nice to but that green Magnus on a Generations Metroplex street with the delta & ultra KO WSTs.

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3 bucks and change plus tax. Less than a buck a bot ain't bad. Build quality is decent. Magnus is the Kabaya mold and so is a bit of a parts former... But it's a groovy set. Grey Brawn makes me happy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

nvm wrong thread

5. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I've been meaning to go check out my local Big Lots. Haven't been there in a while. Maybe these legend class KOs might show up there.

I'm honestly only interested in Cosmos though. Damn would love to see the T30/TR mold get KO in other colors. An oversized version would be awesome too.

6. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I've been meaning to go check out my local Big Lots. Haven't been there in a while. Maybe these legend class KOs might show up there.

I'm honestly only interested in Cosmos though. Damn would love to see the T30/TR mold get KO in other colors. An oversized version would be awesome too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

sirtoys came in

WJ is Wj im impressed yet again WJ.. i may just order every wj i can get from now on. definitely gonna get the rest of their os headmasters..
    not pictured standing is dev.. mixmaster was broken..
    the cw aerialbots v3 are bunk. shampoo bottle plastic that doesn't stay together well.. crappy legs.. loose arms.. bad toy..

DSCN0482.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

My latest Sirtoys order came in... lots of goodies.

KO MP Inferno
    I've never held the original piece, so I can't compare... but this is pretty nice. Some of the tolerances feel like they could be a bit better, but overall it's more than worth the price, and feels nice and sturdy.

WeiJiang oversized Headmasters
    I picked up Hardhead, Skullcruncher, and Highbrow. These are, again, certainly worth the low price to be sure. And they are quite nice... but... somehow the plastic feels a bit lower-grade than it did on the WJ Protectobot team. The WJ Defensor set was amazing; the plastic was firm, the joints were tight, and the metal parts were structurally relevant.

With the Headmasters, the plastic feels a bit more like that "hard, brittle" lower grade stuff, and the metal feels superfluous. Overall, the joints are okay, but they lack the rock-solid feeling that the OS CW figures did. So they're still pretty cool, but they didn't totally blow me away.

And of course, I find myself asking obvious questions... why the off-colour parts? Why aren't they using the Takara headsculpts? And why, with all the other added touches, is there STILL no good place to stow Skullcruncher's tail in bot mode? Oh well.

NBK Bonecrusher
    Another nice one. The joints feel a bit floppier than the last one (Scavenger) but still pretty good overall. Lots of molded detail, not too much simplification. Most of the "floppy" feeling comes from the bulldozer shovel pistons, but once you lock them down on the shoulders, it's all good.

MB Warbotron Onslaught
    Good stuff. Nice construction... probably better than the other MB Warbotrons. My only complaints are about the original design (many). As KO versions go, this is great stuff. Also, the teal colour in person is WAY less bright than it is in photos. This still feels like Onslaught; it's not as drab as the original colours, but it doesn't feel like a day-glo candy version either.

KO Voyager TLK Megatron

I know, I know... Rendsora is the current star of the KO market, but even for an awesome figure, I honestly couldn't imagine what I'd do with a TLK Megatron that big. However, I still quite liked the TLK Megs design, and the domestic pricing on the figures was not great, so I took a chance on the KO.

It's very nice. Feels as good as I could imagine a Hasbro version feeling (or better)... plus it has diecast metal in the armour skirts. Nice tight joints, solid transformation... no complaints, especially for half the price of the domestic Hasbro version, even after shipping.

zmog

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Does any1 know when the next release of the yes model guardia is? and what it is?

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    It's the other leg limb, don't know the name but the motorcycle. It's up for preorder on Taobao.

Don't know about release exactly. Maybe someone in the YM thread will know?

13. robh

robh Decepticon

Yeah, I had the official leader mold and hated it, due to that reason.

I have that. I haven't given it to my kid yet, saving it for Christmas. I also have the devastator stored. I did give him the bruticus. It's pretty neat.

14. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Oh this is priceless. Vintage KOs from the "We're actually trying to fool you, kiddos"-80s are the best.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

haha! That's great! :lol 

The arms probably look even more comical just because they're so extremely YELLOW. Seeing old KOs like this from the 80s does bring a touch of nostalgia, to be sure.

zmog

16. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

17. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

Lol - I bought one of these recently from a local vintage toy shop. It looked hilarious next to the G1 grimlock, but the plastic is shit on it. Tolerances are all off so that the joints creak and sound like they'll break soon. I transformed it to robot and back, and then just sold it off because it just felt too fragile to have around.

18. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

Some pictures of him I took before I sent him off.

2017-06-14 17.09.10.jpg 2017-06-14 17.09.49.jpg 2017-06-14 17.12.26.jpg 2017-06-13 11.41.57.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    OMG that is awesome, thanks for sharing the extra pics