The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Apparently, Wei Jiang is giving free back/rear leg filler upgrade kits to the online shops that sold their Rendosora OSKO TLK Megatrons. These can be then gotten in your next order for free. I hope Sirtoys will do the same.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

Got a pair of Rendsoras from SirToys as well, hopefully Paul will be getting these upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  3. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Are these an original or a KO? Anyone have an ID?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Originals. Star Cats done by TFC (I believe for a Star Cats toyline). I have this set and like them. There is also a rescue team as well!

5. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    I believe that those are KO versions of the Starcats combiners. The originals, if I recall, were blue and grey, whereas these seem to be repainted KOs based upon the AOE Dinobots.

6. minstral

Ebay:
    Thanks all. Wasn't sure if these were an obscure Dinobots thing. My soon to be 3 year old is into dinosaurs and saw these as a possible toy

7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

They are somewhere in quality between a Hasbro Deluxe and something like TFC's Hercules - and the limbs are pretty much Deluxe scale the torso is a Voyager scale.

There is actually 3 versions.

The original they are all grey and blue
    the repaint (in Dark of the moon like packaging DOTM inspired colours) it's actually the same mould though
    The Cheapened KO - this is a different mould - and has a larger head on the main robot though is otherwise similar. I don't know anyonw who owns that version though. If you plan to buy it - either go for the blue/grey version for about £40.00 GBP or if you get the multi-coloured make sure you get the one with the proper head.

They shjare TFC / Sentai style combiner ports so you can actually swap them around with others if you want too - but they are not scramble city they only go 2 as arms and 2 as leg and 1 as torso.

Small problems the might have is poor fitting on the accessory weapons being to tight and need sanding to fit. missassmbled wings on not-swoop. Missing piece in one of the guns preventing them from being able to combine into the rifle for the combined mode. hinges on the dino legs mounting hatches can be loose too -

Essential tips : don't put the guns together if they seem to stiff you might break them or be unable to get them appart - they really might need sanding a bit.
    It is possible to fix the wings if you want them to fold it requires some fiddling to do it but it is possible without cutting. likewise getting the launcher's pins out of the wings is also possible but not easy a warm hair dryer and a couiple of strong butter knives can get you started then once the pin is out enough to grip pliers can get the pin out from the flat end.

There is a specific foot connector for a specific side that has a short piece on it you need that to be on the proper side for the legs to hold properly.

I like them but they may not be everyone's cup of tea they might be considered old fashioned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

My concern is that the TFC/Starcats Dino Team toys may not be appropriate for a 3-year-old.

There are lots of small parts that could be dislodged, lots of pointy bits, and the plastic has a lot of sharp edges. They're not hard to transform, but not that simple either. I don't think they will do well in such tiny hands. They're reasonably tough, but not really age-appropriate, in my opinion.

Age 6... then maybe we'd be talking.

zmog

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    I would also advise caution in giving KO toys to young children. There is no guarantee the tolerances, brittleness of the plastic, lead levels in the paint etc are safe for young kids (especially if they imported from China, etc), so young learners, such as three year olds, have a tendancy to still pop things in their mouths. This presents the possibility of lead poisoning or choking hazards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Yeah if you give Chinese KO's to a child they will probably die.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. minstral

Ebay:
    Thanks for the concern guys. My 5 year old plays with TR combiners so the skill required amongst my boys is up there. Valid point on the materials themselves so may steer clear for the time being

12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Soon to be "3" year old... Meaning still "2" years old.

Damn your kids age fast... By the time it arrives, he'll be 17!

13. minstral

Ebay:
    3 in beginning of Feb and hasn't put anything in the mouth since 2. He could read letters and numbers around 2 or so years old also so yeah I think he's kinda switched on. But like I said, will steer clear of these

• Like Like x 3
  14. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

20171007_152556.jpg 20171007_153325.jpg 20171007_154140.jpg this guy. 17 quid from B&M. He's massive! Cheapo plastic, obviously, as the head came off the first time I transformed him... anyone know if these oversized combiners actually combine? The ports are there but no springy mechanism...

• Like Like x 3
  15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Τhe oversized CW KO of the guy who is replacing Groove (the SWAT vehicle) could combine.

16. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

They're only about £4 on ali, too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    In answer to your question...

20160913_170714.jpg 20160913_175818.jpg 20160913_174754.jpg 20160913_174308.jpg 20160913_172853.jpg 20160913_172505.jpg 20160913_172334.jpg 20160913_171031.jpg 20160913_181333.jpg 20160913_180553.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

I tried to be patient and wait for sirtoys to resolve an issue but hes ducking the problem. First off, he ignored me for 4-5 days and when he did respond, he ignored my complaint about a broken toy. So i responded again about said issue. He then comes back a day later hiding behind a disclaimer.

Let this be a warning to anyone buying crap from paul. He doesnt want to replace a toy that arrived broken. He wants to hide behind a disclaimer instead. Ive had to open a dispute with paypal and i will let them decide the outcome.

You think his slow and overpriced shipping is bad. his after sales service is non existent.

This is the first time ive ever had an issue with a TF seller from china about replacing broken toys. Leave it to sirtoys.

Regards.

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    1. This isn't the Sirtoys.com feedback/complaint/customer service thread.
    2. I'm sure Paul's not "hiding behind a disclaimer" - he's totally upfront about the nature of some of the stuff he sells. You have to click a box acknowledging you understand...it even TLDR's you a "jist"summary of what you clicked in case you didn't read.
    3. I haven't been following your posts, so I don't know what item you're having a problem with, but I've never had an issue with getting a replacement for any of the higher-end stuff. If it was a low- end to mid-grade KO though, breakage and QC is part of the game with this part of the hobby.

So much of this stuff is in low numbers, hard or impossible to replace, and for the cheaper stuff, just not worth it for anyone involved when garbage-toys designed for children to break perform as expected and turn into broken garbage. Just because us adult fans are willing to pay a premium price and import shipping for a(n amazing and cool and special and wonderfully wacky) piece of crap, doesn't entitle us to expecting anything more than exactly what we're getting.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

considering he basically lists items in this thread for sale, its relevant. Sorry, but i would like toys that i paid for to show up not broken. Or at the very least be offered a replacement part if said item is broken. OMG the entitled me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017