The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Hardhead ko arrived!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just a quick FYI for the AliExpress fans here. Quick recap of my long story: I ordered the Wei Jiang OS Titans Return figures from smartlulup2010 right before their shop was shut down (beginning of July). I got DHL tracking which never worked. Then I ordered some loose MFT Sharkticons from GiftLove Store which arrived this week with one broken. I contacted GiftLove Store about a replacement, and got a reply from "Jonathan Lee" saying they'd send one and asked if I was planning an order soon they could include it with. I had heard on here that these two sellers were connected somehow, so I mentioned my trouble with the smartlulup2010 order to see what they'd say:
    His reply:
    So I reordered the WeiJiang figures from him and opened a dispute for the ones from smartlulup2010. We'll see how it goes!

I just thought some people here would be interested in learning a little bit more about these sellers we use but don't know much about. Who knows if it really is his brother, it could just be the same guy for all we know, but I guess we know that smartlulup wasn't a woman, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the size Hardhead should be (though I'm perfectly fine with Chromedome being deluxe size rather than a ludicrously large car)!

I really hope they release more of these! *keeps fingers crossed for Scourge*

• Like Like x 3
  4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, the Human Alliance stuff, and the scale of Alternators works really well with the old MASK figures as well. Of course, the OS KO Trailbreaker / Hoist don't really offer much interactive play with the figures in vehicle mode... but the size isn't bad.

But I totally hear you on how scale can sometimes entice you to build a whole new collection. I try to limit that as much as possible, but then, it's frustrating when you see a cool figure, but it doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. Haha... just one of the various forms of collector OCD neurosis. :) 

This... so much. Ironhide and Ratchet have been sore points in my CHUG collection for a long time now. Ideally, I'd like them to be small voyagers, but beefy deluxes would also be acceptable.

Nah, Hoist and Trailbreaker should have been voyagers... or at least reasonably large deluxe figures (rather than being even smaller than average). They've always been larger, bulkier characters that turn into somewhat larger, brawnier vehicles. And Trailbreaker's bio talks about how much of a gas guzzler he is, while Hoist is one of the stronger Autobots. Having some extra size fits them. They're not munchkins.[/QUOTE]

Those G1 cartoons sure are goofy. :) 

zmog

5. SMOG

At a guess, KBB is probably just providing an option for people who want an MP-scaled Drift.

I agree!

I mean, having the different sizes for them sort of disrupts the "play value" of having them able to swap heads... but I don't much care about that. I'm planning on doing the same thing.

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    If they do a scourge that sizes well with the tr galvatron and cw cyclonus then I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  7. saucesmithco

News Credits:
    Same. It's fun to swap them around from time to time and is great for customisers, but 90% of the time the heads stay with their respective torsos. (And now that they're robots rather than Nebulons, there's no issue of scale either!)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Basilisk

Agreed. It kind of bothered me that Hardhead was gonna be like the same size as Chromedome and shorter than the Brainstorm I wanted (Thrilling 30) but Weijiang gave me the best option.

I'm fine with Chromedome and Highbrow being Deluxe sized.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    !!! This is a thing??? Is this available anywhere other than Taobao?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SMOG

Well, I believe Highbrow is in the next Weijiang wave anyway. And it feels like a super attack copter makes for a good voyager. :) 

zmog

11. Basilisk

yeah tbh i think if i were younger when i was super into the headmasters i would have done it more but as is i only do it occasionally for a giggle or to figure out if a head would work for a custom figure.

I actually put Megatron's head on this Hardhead and it surprisingly worked reminded me so much of Beast Wars 2 Megastorm.

• Like Like x 2
  12. saucesmithco

News Credits:
    It's kind of a shame they haven't released either Megatron or Optimus as stand-alone Titan Masters. I'd definitely pick them up for custom characters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Devvy looking good in his SDCC colors:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

That packaging is hilarious. They use MT Giant's bot modes to advertise the G1 molds. They even mirror-imaged them so the "MTCco" is backwards. As a child, I was disappointed that there were discrepancies between G1 box art and the actual product. Just think how kids getting this will feel. Gold star for KO creativity though.

• Like Like x 3
  15. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oversized Defensor arrived! He is glorious. Absolutely glorious.

Pics tomorrow, as the light is already gone for today here. (Still never got any lighting lol.)

I cannot express in words what a feeling of, "AT LAST!" I feel having a Defensor for the first time in my life after never completing him as a kid. And he's a good match with Titan Devy.

Pipe dream: accomplished. THANK-YOU, Paul! (And to its creator for this topic, as I first learned of this set here.)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Vidikron

Vidikron Well-Known Member

Congrats. I love my OS Defensor too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SMOG

That WJ Defensor is such a great set... I hope they hurry up and release another CW adaptation! :) 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    If they are nebulons, who is to say that their exo armours are different sizes? In the cartoon, even after surgery, the cybernetic people stepped into larger exosuits. It could just be for Hardhead and others, the suits are slightly larger. That would make sense for a military Headmaster figure like Hardhead, anyway.

Also, why hasn't anyone made "Reverse Convoy/Rebirth megatron" from a Megatron/Galvatron Titanmaster mix (faceplate and body swap), Sentinel Prime head and a blue repainted TR Megatron figure? It would look amazing.

20. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_1143.JPG

Any idea where I can find this GoShooter? It isn't on ToyBento anymore.

• Like Like x 1