The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Does it come with any bits to connect / hands feet etc? I'm not seeing anybody mention that yet.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

First off, is that a question or a statement? You seem uncertain. :lol 

You haven't seen any evidence because I haven't presented any. Likewise, I haven't seen any such video. Ergo, I have not seen evidence to the contrary. Nor have I made any accusations. Allow me to reiterate some points for you that you seem to have missed. In reply to someone asking whether it even mattered who Zhang really was:

"...hypothetically, doing business with someone under false pretenses doesn't contribute to an overall sense of faith. And it wouldn't exactly be unusual for a male to masquerade online as a female for business reasons."

Neither point above is contentious. Moreover...

"I think one can speculate about the veracity of someone's online identity without it affecting how they do business with them. My first instinct looking at the account profile is that it's a pseudonym... but obviously, my only real concern is if they're a reliable seller. Nothing more than that."

From the way the business is presented, my first guess might be that Zhang is just a face for the webstore, rather than an independent owner. I'm not trying to convince anybody of this. It's just my first impression. Part of that is because of the sort of unprofessional and demure photo the store uses, which is unusual in that particular niche... partly the fact that people often run online stores under pseudonyms... and partly because my (admittedly limited, but not negligible) experience with women in Chinese robot hobby shops is that they are not usually the lead geek, running it as a personal project. Most of the time they seem to be the wife/girlfriend. That's not a statement about what roles women should stick to. It's simply an observation based on, well... observation.

However, maybe I'd be wrong about Zhang in this case. Or maybe she IS the wife/girlfriend who mainly handles the PR side of the business, in which case, that's fine too, right?

I think you're trying to fight a battle here that's not really a battle at all.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got all 4 limb bots. They *feel* great the diecast is well placed, and the deco choices are clean and well executed. But that's the end of the good. In the worlds of mediocre and terrible, there are some minor alignment/tab fitting type QC issues, and the over simplification. SOME of the simplification is actually kinda nice, the original molds have some fiddly elements that don't serve any real purpose, and these negate those in favor of more Hasbro-esque transformation elements. The utter disappointing part though is that the articulation, particularly in the arms, is ALL KINDS of jacked up and limited. If you look closely at any of the pictures floating around, you'll notice that they're all holding their arms in weird positions....those are THE BEST possible poses/angles. Everyone's arms have lost one or more swivel or hinge, and the result is sad.

Now, I haven't actually checked to see how part-swappable they are with the MB ones, but the scale is definitely unchanged, so it's possible that you might be able to nick some limb-parts from the MBB guys and fix them up...but now you're dropping real money to end up with one good figure (x4).

I still like them enough that they're hanging out in individual robot modes in my Decepticon camp as my definitive combaticons, and OS Warbotron standing tall as Bruticus. But they are far from perfect.

4. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
  5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    She could be a cat and I wouldn't care. Sometimes she's the cheapest, sometimes she's not. She's easy to get in contact with and packages well. Also, PayPal protection. She will also hunt shit down like lightning if you need it.

If it's a huge, heavy figure, I won't preorder from her. She had the best price on OS Warbotron at $100 the first go around. I neglected to order.

6. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

Hey guys, pretty amazing how far the KO's have come! Looking for a complete list of what's been done, what's incoming and which are "best" and "worst" in QC for the MP KO's. In other words, what's a decent stand-in and what should be avoided at any cost (even if the cost is dirt cheap).

7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone will be ever be able to compile a universal KO list remotely complete. I mean yeah, we can get something complete for the recent releases but if we take it back to g1.....I think its an excercise in futility. Stil, a data base with everything we could scrounge up would be a promissing endeavour.

8. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant just the MP KO's. Although a complete KO list of everything would be very cool I agree--but very time consuming (maybe we should start now? ;) )

9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I am all for it, though I believe after seeing it, I will probably be relegated to a work slave to satiate my need for G1 KOs.

10. SMOG

That's disappointing. I have the MP limb-bots, and I like them well enough (though I've always been lukewarm about some of Warbotron's original design choices).

Do you have the Onslaught? Can I pick your brain for any specific issues with Onslaught or Vortex, since those are the two I might consider buying.

Well, if she was a cat, that would be pretty cool.

zmog

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    I have PURCHASED the diecast Onslaught, and own the OS one, but DieCast Onslaught currently lives in Paul's Warehouse.

Vortex sure. I even have him reliably at hand (which is more than I can say for 99% of my collection)

12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Sirtoys order arrived... Right before I gotta go to work.

20170426_114334.jpg

Anybody want any info on any of these? I'll get to it when I get home.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Is that orange and green bot onslaught? And a blue and silver brawl?Is that a ko Bruticus in there I see?

14. silmon

silmon Member

Ebay:
    The marvellous Batbot Changer... ;) 

BATBOT_CHANGER.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. SMOG

In that case, what's the main annoyance with that Vortex?

I noticed in the pictures that there's a missing joint in the shoulder that doesn't really affect much. But the bicep rotation, elbows, knees, hips, neck... all that looks like it's retained from the original design, no?

And yeah, I'd love it if you could give us a full report on the Onslaught once it comes in! :thumb 

zmog

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  16. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    2 of them. (I now have 4)

It's the fully transformable wst ko bruticus. Seen here with official ruination and os g2/bg.

20160427_123555.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    OK checked diecast Vortex and if you're looking at him specifically, the only reduction in articulation that I noticed was wrist rotation and the fingers.

He's probably the best of the bunch so far.

I'm curious now though, who's filling out the rest of the team in your collection that your left with a diecast Warbotron Vortex shaped hole?

18. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy Dorque Extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

I can't make out everything you've got there, but I'm super interested in the Robo Saviors (Valor?) stuff. Especially the Rhino bike guy and the dino bikes. Honestly curious about it all though! Which Bruticus is that?

19. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    The bruticus (there are 2 types there, 3 total) are the wst versions, and the oversized warbotron.

The beast bikes are better quality than Hasbro, solid plastic, durable, etc. I waited long enough to pull the trigger on them, had the yellow lion for over a year and couldn't wait any longer for the rest of them.

20. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    yeah i dont give a fuck
    Im not gonna read all that

let talk about toys?
    :cool: 

• Like Like x 4