The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Bro, simply put... If you want an unstable gestalt that you never touch again, then yeah - the os tfc superion ko is nice.
    20170422_130231.jpg

If you want one to mess with, id say go cw/uw and be done with it... Its all in what your looking for, each has their pros and cons.

Maybe someday soon they'll os and diecast cw superion like they did with defensor?

• Like Like x 1
  2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I have a friend in Caminus called "Biggus Dicamus"...

• Like Like x 7
  3. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Funny as hell, which Monte python is that from?

4. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, only get this set if you want to put work into it. It's a great one if you want to try custom painting or even some plastic surgery. I don't have problems on mine with the arms falling off or the legs being loose but I'm pretty sure I got lucky. I absolutely could not move the arms up and down until I did some light sanding on the corners of the shoulder posts. Also, you need to buy an extra of one figure in the set and customize it to have Superion look at all accurate. But you can end up with a really great looking Superion if you put the time and effort into it.
    Superion.jpg

5. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure which ones you're referring to, but I have the set of 6 multi-colored CW sized aerialbots as well as a few OS CW styled ones and none of them have combiner ports. So, adding them to your limb ranks will require customizing. I don't have any versions of the official CW/UW aerialbots so I can't compare quality in that respect.

I was just messing with the OS CW styled aerialbots I got from Paul's site the other day and noticed they were shorter than an OS throttlebot. The quality is far below the OS throttlebots, but I still like the aesthetics of the KO CW styled, non-combining aerialbots.

As an aside, I also got the OS TFC aerialbots a few years back (can't recall off the top of my head if it was sirtoys or hz from eBay) and I agree with just about every statement others have recently said abut those figures in the thread. Worth the $60bucks, but man are there some sacrifices with that as-is.

6. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    If you have the 6 ko multicolored aerialbots, you know they have combiner ports.

kocwaerialbots01.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, apparently I misspoke/mistyped. Can you show a pic of how you got the gestalt hands and feet to fit into the aerialbot legs, as I couldn't figure it out with Victorian limb pieces I had and assumed each of those port connections were the same.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Those/this was a custom piece done by a fellow member here on the board a few (many?) Months ago. The combiner ability is standard, but the hands/feet were drilled and ported to accommodate the combiner hfg's.

Easy as drilling a hole... Or you can get in depth and customize to your hearts content.

9. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Thanks for the responses.

That's so bizarre how the combiner port is still intact but not the hole for adding the hfg. Still ill be able to drill it in myself so no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Check the title of the YouTube video... ;) 

11. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    You would be wrong then.

Nothing from Monte python titled biggus dickus... Researched in depth turned up a movie called "life of Brian".

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    without knowing context of this particular conversation, the life of brian is a monty python movie

• Like Like x 1
  13. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Right, the movie title I was asking for... Without knowing it, I couldn't locate the movie for purchase.

Trust me, trying to look up "biggus dickus" for sale on it's own was returning unwanted results. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    ah haha gotcha, yea i can imagine that would point you to a whole lot of craigslist ads haha

• Like Like x 1
  15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

Nope. The title of the video, which shows partially in the embedded video player here and in full, obviously, at YouTube, is "Monty Python - Biggus Dickus - Life of Brian".

Perhaps your hardware/software communication disables you from seeing them?

16. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:

I only use my phone these days, it might be that.

BTW, thanks to sirtoys I got these ko evasion primes, and the oversized tfprid beast hunters prime.

Almost as big as that os ko tfc uranos!

20170423_160819.jpg 20170423_163453.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    That was mine and yea, I just drilled a hole into the bottoms of the feet. I also used rubber tubing around the 5mm pegs on the hand/foot guns to help with the fitting.

• Like Like x 3
  18. illusn

illusn Well-Known Member

Love it!! how did you do the head?

19. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I had one for about a year, bought for $80 AUD, for the price it was okay. Cheap plastic, but nothing on my one broke or anything. It stood up pretty solid, sold it for like $20 a couple months back and the TFC Devy KO's to make space for other stuff.

If you get one, it comes with one wrong arm (that's how they made, it's the shuttle / bruticus arm) if you get it you can ask for two of the same arm (such as at sirtoys, is in stock).
    Also, the shuttle arm has to be mistransformed, or pull a piece off to get it move /connect properly, plus it has no arm rotation on the toy at all / nothing in shoulders, you have to pull the arms off and manually move them to the next spot. Might a well be a statue, as moer you do it, more change it will break/crack.

UW or CW compy on other hand is a quality toy and very poseable, get one with the KO PE feet I recommend so it pose better etc.

Realy I would NOT even compare the two, ones is cheap hollow KO (that looks alright, and can be modded to look better if you are a hobbyist), the other is a toy with proper grades of plastic and no cut back features.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

You guys got any good recommendations for Black optimuses? Been eyeing the wei jiang stuff, but I don't wanna get an upscaled mp-10. WAs also hoping to not pay over $100, but I know WJ stuff is pretty high for KOs