The Key to Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AlphaOmegaBlurr, Apr 26, 2009.

?

Should Omega Supreme be in RotF?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2009.
  1. Yes, he should.

50.0%
  2. No, that's bs.

22.0%
  3. I don't care.

28.0%
  1. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    Well, we've seen the pictures of a CERTAIN plane. He's big, and can carry Autobots. I've heard suggestions about who this may be, from Sky Lynx to Silverbolt. But hopefully, and possibly, if the plane is in RotF, how many would like him to be Omega Supreme? And if it is the big one, how many would like to see him and Devy face off?
    I know many of you guys will say this idea is absurd, and it probably is, but introducing the Autobot's last resort could be Epic Win. Or Fail.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Omega for the Jumbo please.

3. cnic

cnic Decepticon

That would definitely be a plus for me.Seeing how they used to be best friends and then Omega was betrayed by the Constructicons.Could be an epic battle but highly unlikely.

4. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    Wow, Screams. That was fitting. Anyways, here how I think Omega could fit in.
    Used as a doomsday weapon to end the war, Omega Supreme was the Autobot's ultimate warrior. After the war, the giant robot was used mostly as a transport. After crashing onto Earth due to a malfunction, Ultra Magnus had Omega convert his form into a native vehicle. Now, Omega Supreme is sleeker and smarter, but while his physical form has been changed, his sole duty as the last resort hasn't.
    That was pathetic.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I like the idea but if that is the case bay has been keeping it massivly under cover, and i have to agree with AlphaOmegaBlurr a battle between devestator and Omega Supreme given the betrayl would indeed be epic

6. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Add a poll, things will go smoother, I personally want Omega Supreme but the robot mode for that thing was a piece of crap and not even the slightest resemblance other than size.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If the big-plane-bot does turn out to be Omega Supreme, I still think he'll just be a toy character, and not actually show up in the movie. Even if he is seen in the movie, I can't see him being more than a background character. Where we'll see more of his alt-mode than of his bot-mode on-screen.

8. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    What plane I haven't seen a pic of a plane
    is there a pic somewhere?

9. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
  11. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I never really liked Omega Supreme. I think this plane is an "expanded universe" toy.

12. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I voted no that's bs because you didn't add the option of wanting him to look different than that plane.

13. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Thats not omega thats captain boatfeet.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind the plane being in the film...just not as Omega Supreme.

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm not so sure that would be a cool idea. Omega Supreme is such an awesome character in my eyes that I'm not sure I'd want Bayformers touching him, and just ruining him like they do most everything else.
    I mean, you know he wouldn't be a rocket or anything cool like that. They'd most likely make him a car, or a scooter or something artarded.

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I like this thread it is the very good question/assumption/fanrequest.

It would make perfect sense if the one autobot who can carry all the others from place to place was Omega Supreme. Actually that would be really cool so hence I would love it if they also had him face off against Devs.

Now having said all that since it is a rather easy request on behalf of the fans and since the idea is just perfect you know this movie wont do it. On subjects like this with a very interesting tie in between constructicons and Omega they always seem to ignore the mythology of characters especially when we really want it.

I m still upset at the idea of Optimus being Megs brother. Why didnt they just CGI luke skywalker in the scene to have him go talk to optimus about emotional problems from watching your family turn evil lol.

The more I hear the writers say they like to pay tribute to other movies in theirs doesnt that really mean they didnt have any great ideas of their own. Also when does that not just start becoming plagiarism.

Either way I would love to see Omega Supreme pound that sorry excuse of devastator incarnation into pulp. NOTE if omega supremes character is also a miserable incarnation aswell he should sacrifice him self so we dont have to look at him either lol. :) 

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I don't know why, but the name "Omega Supreme" seems silly for the Movieverse Transformers in my mind. I liked the suggestion "Silverbolt" for this character.

Unless Bay is planning to have a half dog, half bird Transformer in the movie >.>...

18. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to see Omega Supreme duke it out with Devs...I don't think i want him in this film. I'd rather watch the known cast of Autobots scramble to figure out how to battle and take down Devs on their own. Bringing in Omega would feel too deus ex machina-like...IMO it would completely kill the tension of the Autobots facing such a monstrous foe.

But then again....if he is in the film...and Bay and Co keep it a secret until release...the surprise appearance of Omega Supreme could be pretty badass.

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

And some how the name Bumblebee isnt silly. :crazy: 

Why does everything have to be impossible with the movie of transformers. lol

There is a reason we use these names and likenesses and its because the cartoons and mythos are awesome and well liked.

Reinventing the wheel here is just going overboard.

I think if you can gloss over names like ratchet bumble bee optimus prime starscream then picking on Omega supreme shows that you really are barking up the wrong tree. The other names work because with names people dont really question names they question plot and character but everything else is just facts in a movie.

Omega Supreme would be awesome in "A" movie but im starting to agree with some on this thread after looking at "Captain Boat Feet"/Omega Supreme I dont think I want the grandest autobot ever to to look like a Gundam reject.

Omega was always built like a tank with legs and arms that model looks to nimble and fragile.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    To me the name Omega Supreme just sounds too grand for the jet guy. It sounds like something bugger, more final battle wow and all guns blazing as it stomps the bad guys. The jet strikes me more as a Silverbolt.