The JLA movie thread...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Mr. Jiggles, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

2. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Do it without a Batman. The Nolan films should be kept separate from any other DC movie property.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Bale's bateman is less toon like anyways, same with Superman.

I would live to see a moive like this, but there are too many DC movie Continuities to pull it together...

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Interesting. I remember seeing a interview with Bale awhile back he said he be up to do it. Maybe the story sucks.

5. Random Autobot

Not sure about JLA, but when there was heavy talk of a Batman/ Superman movie, Bale did say he would consider doing that. I think it's the JLA idea that's got him running.

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Will you can't do it with out batman so just do batman3 as the final one and then work on JLA also what happen to that Douche who plays super-man wait I meant to say super-man is a douche not the actor who plays him

7. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree. Our current incarnation of Batman just wouldn't fit with JL as we know it. If anything they should complete all (or at least most) of the movies for individual characters before they decide to mash them all into a single film. That way they'll all be fleshed out and we'll have more time for action and less time devoted to characterization.

8. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of Routh's performance in Superman Returns, and he looks too young to lead the JLA, so I wouldn't be sad about a new Superman.

As far as live-action goes, Bale IS Batman, and he could only elevate a JLA movie. However, I think Batman Begins did such a good job of returning the character to his urban avenger roots that I literally can't imagine Bale hanging around the satellite, and fighting Amazo, and what not.

I'll probably get skewered for this, but I think the JLA film needs a more "superhero-ey" Batman, almost like the Schumacher version of the character (but with better dialogue and no nipples). He's got all of those gadgets that make him a little more "superhero-ey", and they'd help him hold his own alongside guys who have heat vision and a power ring. And if you're going to interpret the character differently than how he was in the Nolan films, you might as well get a different actor anyways.

9. Random Autobot

I agree with you on having origin movies for each character first. A JLA movie that comes before origin movies would just end up being "Superman and Batman and a bunch of guys you've never heard of".

Another thing to remember is that Batman was never a founding member of the JLA. He was only added because he's DC's most popular character, and he boosts sales. I would keep him out of the mix entirely. The idea of Batman even bothering with other heroes is a bit dodgy in the first place, if you ask me.

UPDATE: Just found this on Superherohype:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6235

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I actually agree with you 100%. The Begins Batman is just too "realistic" to fit in with the JLA. Bring back Val Kilmer for a JLA movie!

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Meh either way I get a batman next year etc....so I dont care at all. Ill be there in line for that ....like almost all superhero movies.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    How do you avoid the contraversy of having someone be Batman and Superman but not in their own major movie roles?

ANIMATE THE DAMN THING IN CGI!

Don't like this idea. WB will never achieve X-Men success like this.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'd rather they just cast different people as Bats and Supes and explained that its not the same universe/continuity as the other movies. It wouldn't feel right having JLA in the Batman Begins univerrse anyways.

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

They need to make movie featuring each of the JLA member not named Batman and Superman before they can make this movie. But even then the movie will probably tank without these two in it.

And with WW movie not anywhere near production I wouldn't hold my breath.

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    u rite, u rite

I'm with Kicken though, I don't see this sort of movie really working all that well, but who knows

16. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Not sure how I feel about this. I saw the Beowolf trailer last weekend, and it weirded me out with the not-quite-real actors. (Oddly enough, I didn't feel this way 6 years ago with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, possibly because I was caught up in seeing them do CGI people for the first time)

Personally, if WB wants to do an animated Justice League movie, I would tell them to give Bruce Timm a Disney-sized budget, and just give him his space.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    fuck JLA, lets see a superfriends movie with supes SPPRROOOOIIIINNGGGGG flying sound, enuck chuck! and wonder twins power activate!

18. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I think the movie will be successful regardless of its live action or cgi. I mean lets face it, its virtually the ultimate superhero movie. It's more of a question of how good it will be. Everybody has already established actors as Batman and Superman so I think the only way to have them in the JLA movie is to recast. If the movie is successful, then we may see a couple of sequels. WHo knows.

19. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

huh? There are really only 2 DC movies out there, how do you figure? Superman follows the original 70's movies and Batman Begins is a total reboot to the series.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits: