the i've-spent-more-than-i-was supposed-to-on-movie-toys support thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KA, Jun 12, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I dunno, RID, Classics, Cybertron and most of Alternators came pretty close if not harder. :D 

2. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Meh, picked up:
    First Encounter 2-Pack including BB and Barricade- 16.99
    Real Gear Booster X 10 07.45

That's only 24.44, and including tax, maybe 25 or 26 bucks. But I lost the Booster X10 head!! So, I'm going to replace it and then I'll be set back that my next movie toy will have to wait until the first week of June before the budget allows.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Well I started with "Plan A"....I was only going to get the Real Gear stuff and MAYBE a couple of the regular figures, but I was going to be VERY picky...then I went to the store...

Saw the figures on the shelf and realized I liked more then I thought I would...but I was still going ot be patient, so I formed "Plan B" where I'd buy more than I expected earlier...but I'd only buy 1-2 a week to keep my spending curbed...

Then the Target sale happened so I appeared to have moved to "Plan C" where I bought everything from the main line and Real Gears, except Leader Megatron who I still don't like...and I continue to avoid the Cyber Slammers and FAB's...

After a week of telling the local K-Mart that the label for Leader Prime and Megatron is WRONG...(They have a tag that says Transformers Ultra $29.99 where they just reset all the Transformers...they haven't HAD Ultras for a good 6 months so I have no idea why they have the tag....but no leader class tags or prices anywhere near and the aisle is actually packed...) so after many visits and telling people all the way to the store manager the tag was wrong I said "heck with it, if they want to continue saying that the figures are $29.99 I'll bite" and had them honor the $29.99 tag to get leader Megatron...I still don't like him that much, but I'm glad he wasn't $45...and they STILL have the tag up with the wrong price!!!

So I guess that means I'm now on "Plan D" where I hope to be able to avoid the FABs and Slammers...but I'll get the rest of the main line...

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I started out with a "one from each faction" rule. That quickly turned into "one from each faction, plus the real gears" rule. Now it's pretty much, "if you have some spare cash, toss it at the toys" rule.

Though I'm still below a hundred bucks. And I plan on staying there for a while.

I think I would have been fine if not for the temptation of the helmet. The Optimus Prime Voice Changer helmet made me break my first rule, and it was all downhill from there.

5. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I was just gonna get Leader Prime, all Real Gear, and all Robot Heroes. I now also have voyageur Ironhide and Ratchet and Deluxe Jazz. Just waiting for the updated Bumblebee to come out, and I think I'm gonna get Leader Brawl. So, more than I thought, but I'm being good.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    All I got on June 2 were the store exclusive new molds: the Desert attack, the first encounter and RV Prime.

Then I noticed the deluxes were on sale at Target so I got the ones I didn't already get in 2-packs. I'll get the rest of the new molds for the mainline toys, real gear, deluxe, voyager and leader. I'll also get the G1 deco Jazz and Ultimate Bumblebee. But for further toy buying I need at least 20% off and I have my fix for now, so I'll have the willpower to hold off.

In person, the Decepticons Wreckage, Brawl, Blackout and Bonecrusher really remind me of Vehicons. Only better.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I only wanted Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz.

I'm up to 9 figures now, and looking for the Blackout/Scorp pack. :( 

And I agree and disagree, Thoughcrime. I think this line rocks as much, just in a different way.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Man Im practically drowning in movie toys and it aint cool.
    It's neat to bring home something now EVERYTIME I hit the store though.

Im under Cyberslammer pressure at the moment, then it's the Target wall decor stage, right after that FAB Starscream decision, maybe, still thinkin.

Had a little shelf waiting on them, they take over wall

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was gonna be mainline completist over time.

Then I paid $30 shipping to get Ironhide a month early...

Then I bought the 6 Wave 1 deluxes midway through May...

Then I paid a bit extra for Bonecrusher and Swindle in May...

Then I ordered the two leaders from KoolToyz...

Then June 2 hit and I bought Ratchet, Blackout, and 2 Real Gears...

Then I bought a Prime Helmet and the other Real Gears about 20 minutes later...

Then I ordered Voyager Starscream, Megatron, and Prime from KoolToyz once the leaders arrived...

I now have almost 3 full waves of mainline, and the line launched...2 weeks ago.

:cry 

10. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I managed to pick up most of the deluxes and Blackout before June 2. Deluxe Scorponok, Leader Megs, and Robovision Prime I picked up from the Target sale. Got leader Prime from Walmart. Skipped on Screamer and Ratchet.

With no other lines like the Titaniums and Alts to further empty my pockets, I think I did OK this time around.

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Preach on Brotha!!!

I really didn't have a use for most of Cybertron but I'm all about the other 3 you listed!!!!