The Iron Man movie - villian announced, plus Adi Granov teaser poster

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Jul 26, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    http://www.marvel.com/news/-1.554

I'm not sure if this had already been raised in another Comicon post somewhere on these boards...I definitely think it's worth a mention, however. :) 

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Makes sense, I mean Mandarin is probably one of the first people to come to mind when thinking about an Iron Man villian. I think after that it'd be like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man. Heh maybe they can be the villians in the sequal.

3. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    If (and here's hoping) they do a sequel, and it IS about Tony's alcoholism, the only villian they can REALLY use is Obadiah Stane and the Iron Monger armor. That'd make the most sense.

If we're going for a TRILOGY, then yes, Crimson Dynamo/Titanium Man would be great villians - the setup could be that the world is on the brink of another major conflict because of these guys (and whatever country they choose to align with - Russia or something), and no one really knows what to do (including the government, who refuses to listen to Stark). Stark goes after them on his own, gets his ass kicked...which allows the storytellers to bring in Rhodey as War Machine. :) 

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I was watching a ComicCon interview with Quesada, and he said he's looking forward to IM more than Spidey 3. Hopefully he's right in his buildup.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man are cool but I think it’s a good idea to have IM take on an enemy that’s not in a armor suit, at lest for the first movie.

6. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I've never been that much of an Iron Man fan, but I'll probably go see it regardless.

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

His villian shoud just be a giant bottle of scotch, I know it's my nemesis.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Aw hell yea!

It only makes sense to make Mandarin the villain. A truely good villain is everything the hero is not. Iron Man, a technologically based western scientist vs Mandarin, a mystically based eastern magician.

I'd love to see Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man in the sequels, maybe Stane as well, but for now, Mandarin has me stoked.

9. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    The one thing I REALLY hope to see in this movie now is:

A theme.

You know, like in Batman Begins, the theme was "fear" and "overcoming fear." In Spider-Man 2, it was "accepting responsibility." V for Vendetta' theme was "revolution" (at least, that's what I saw recurring in the film...this one was a little harder to identify)

Iron Man's theme should be dependency; dependency on technology, and in the second film, dependency on alcohol (which would then lead to a new, more primary theme: duty to oneself and their community).

Look at all the failed superhero films: Fantastic 4, Daredevil, and Catwoman. Well, forget the last one. But, although successful, even Superman Returns felt as though it lacked a really cohesive thematic element...and THAT'S what's needed in a genre like superhero film to guarantee the opportunity for a powerful story.

In addition to good acting/directing/script/effects, of course.

10. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Ooooh...oooh, where do I sign up to audition for Mandarin?;) 

Definitely looking forward to this film.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you know who'd be awesome as mandarin?

john lone!

from the phatom movie!