The Intrinsic value of Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark_Rage, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Do you find it out when you're selling something and people offer trades/partial trades of things of supposedly equal value, but its a really generic or mass-release item? I know it's worth a shot to make a trade, but really, some of the offers people make are just...mind boggling.

Especially when rare toy lines are involved, like G1 or exclusives.

Example:

Market value:
    G1 Headmaster Brainstorm (Complete, loose) = MISB Alternators Optimus Prime x 3 (Roughly)

But intrinsically...

G1 Headmaster Brainstorm (Complete, loose) >>> MISB Alternators Optimus Prime x 3 (Roughly)

I don't mean to rant, but I just don't think some members get this idea of intrinsic value. I'd be open to offers if I'm looking for something, but I would never trade something like a G1 Headmaster for 100 Beast Machines Deluxe Jetstorms (or something of equal un-wantedness, lol).

What are your thoughts?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I understand where your coming from and unless your in some kind resale business who want a bunch of lower value figures in trade for something of fairly high value.

Bottom line is if you don't like the proposed trade don't pull the trigger

3. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Trades are just that - trades. If you have a specific dollar amount in mind surely you'd be better off not messing around with swapsies.

The flipside of this of course are the traders who vastly overestimate the intrinsic value of their stuff and insist thelr c7 loose incompete soundwave is worth a masterpiece prime. Doubly so if they clearly have an exact figure in mind but insist on making you make an offer first of all to see if they can squeeze a little extra cash out of you.