the insane idea with shockwave and megatron makes no sense

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Jan 23, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

Well I have read theory's that shockwave will turn on megatron giving idea's that just do not add up for a phew reasons, ROTF was a bad defeat for the decepticons. Now prime was such a unstoppable beast in ROTF, he took on 3 decepticons in the forrest battle. You look at megatron physically he is a monster not many can go toe to toe with megatron, for prime to handle him and the other 2 decepticons this is a huge card for the autobots.

Back to the point of the decepticons defeat in the ROTF, you look the the fallen he was defeated, which has been the strongest decepticon they have had, now if shockwave then turns on megatron the decepticons lose 2 huge leaders in the fallen and megatron. Does anyone realised that is a huge pairing to lose, not only that megatron is now the tanka truck, so he is in DOTM rebuilt, add the fact the tanka truck has been seen filmed heavily in chicago where the final battle takes place. You look at the fact shockwave has prime to deal with and risk the anger of megatron. If that happened how the hell can the decepticons win, which could mean megatron could team up with prime which is highly unlikely, unless megatron was rebuilt has the earthmode for that reason to help the humans defeat shockwave, which I doubt will ever happen in the film. Or the better idea if shockwave turns on megatron, if megatron is not leading the war then he will take them all down with him

I could be wrong, if it did happen shockwave is going to look really dumb

2. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    I doubt that will happen, but shockwave might be a little independent, seeing that he's been ruling cyberton for a while...

3. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    In my opinion, If Shockwave is more independent or disregards Megatron's leadership he probably has his own army that he brought with him from Cybertron. And since Megatron was the Fallen's underling I see no reason why in this movie he (Megatron) couldn't be Shockwave's. Personally I'd like Shockwave to take control, because the movie Megatron leaves a lot to be desired in my mind. Also Shockwave and his army could be a much bigger threat to the Autobots than Megatron because they would have the collective resources of Cybertron.

4. megatron6661

I think movie megs has been a success, he kicked prime's ass killed prime and sam he was unlucky to crash-land in the arctic ocean, it took an army to defeat megs in the first film so sam had a chace to kill him, so the decepticons were not that bad off.

Like I said why would shockwave turn on megatron and risk the anger of megatron and in the process of trying to defeat prime who crushed the fallen. The fallen and megatron are stronger than shockwave, and I think shockwave knows having megatron has another allie makes their victory allot more realistic. If he was going to disregard megatron wouldn't he have killed megatron in his weakened state.

5. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

No offense to any ROTF fans, but in my oppinion the second movie was crude, poorly written, and unrealistic. The first movie was a huge success because it was anticipated by TF fans, and more importently it was just plain awesome, however i think the second movie just mooched off the first's fame and good reputation. the whole idea of prime pwning three of the baddest decepticons ever was rediculous, and cartoonish, a more realistic outcome would have been prime's death five seconds into the fight.I hope for DOTM to be just as good as the first, but because of the immature, stupid, and juvinille mantality of ROTF I no longer have high expectations.

6. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We dont know that Megatron will be stronger than Shockwave

7. deceptor83

deceptor83 Well-Known Member

I havnt watched the movie in a while but didnt Prime die in the forest battle? He may have kicked butt but he died. I dont see Shockwave turning on Megs, I just see there attacks being brilliantly planned out by Shockwave since he is very smart.

8. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

To be fair, in the comics, Shockwave has always been depicted as being just as strong Megatron. I'd be willing to bet money that DOTM Shockwave will be more like his comics counterpart than his cartoon one.

Personally, I think it makes plenty of sense for Shockwave to take away leadership of the Decepticons from Megatron. Think about it, the Decepticons haven't had the most success in the movieverse so far. They've failed to capture the Allspark and the Matrix, and have lost their supreme commander and are on the run. Given their current situation, why wouldn't they want a change in leadership?

9. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Megatron may have been punched around a little bit in the forest battle, but after that, he was pretty much alright. It took Power-Up Prime to do the major damage, so it's not like Megatron is a pushover. And like quite a few say, the tanker truck mode is probably Megatron's decision to lay low.

However, if Shockwave does betray Megatron, I'm hoping he pulls a HAL 9000 and does it out of logic rather than a lust for power.

Bold text translation: EVERY ACTION FLICK EVER MADE. ;) 

(Though you are right about the crude humor. We could use a little less of that.)

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Megatron appears to be in a weakened state. Just look at his face.

As for what he's got: He has his size, his "new" fusion cannon, his new disguise, his group of Dreads, and any other Decepticon loyal to him.

These are some ideas I had in regards to what he's up to:

A. Running the Decepticons from the shadows, sending out orders while he heals. He will have guys like Shockwave, Starscream, and Soundwave making all the noise to avert the Autobots focus on him while he goes around unnoticed but still ever so cautiously with a group of personal bodyguards (the Dreads) around him at all times.

B.^same idea as above, but he has the Dreads guarding him because he fears there is going to be a power grab. He knows he is still weak from the battle in Egypt, and feels that he should follow Starscream's suggestions on retreating/hiding to live and fight another day. Perhaps he fears Shockwave has become too powerful and since Shockwave ran Cybertron while Megatron was away, perhaps Megatron feels Shockwave may think he can run the Decepticons without Megatron, especially since Megatron's plans on Earth have ended in failure. Twice. He may also suspect Starscream of being one to grab power, which is why he must be so harsh and demanding towards the Decepticon Air Commander.

C. The power grab becomes real. Decepticon Civil War. Shockwave and his bots vs. Megatron and his bots fighting for position of Supreme Leader. The Autobots have to put an end to it before the warring enemy groups destroy earth in the crossfire.

11. megatron6661

Now this is one idea I like, but it depends. Megs still has his backboosters, so it has not effected his ability to fly. And my only problem is did megs and starscream fly back to cybertron and if that happened that was the time for shockwave to kill megatron. It would be interesting is there going to be a blood fued of the decepticons between megatron and shockwave, and the humans are the autobots are in the crossfire of this fued

12. megatron6661

I probably ment before the aftermath of ROTF, or the megs in the first film is when I ment megatron is probably the stronger shockwave. But still the new megatron is a distraction if shockwave pisses off megs, and to deal with prime coming off with an insane victory he is going to be up against it.

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...what? *rereads* Um...OK... *rereads again*

I think I understand now. You don't think it is "logical" for Shockwave to take over the Decepticons...based on your complete lack of knowledge of how the character will be depicted in the film and what the plot is (traits you share with everyone else).

Maybe wait until we know more about the plot before shooting down possible ideas because they're "insane" and make "no sense". Just a thought.

KTHANXBYE!

14. megatron6661

No its based off the fact, megatrons tanka truck is filmed in chicago where the climax of DOTM takes place. Where does megatron stand in the city fight?

If megatron and starscream fly back to cybatron after their defeat in egypt, and if they did? wouldnt shockwave kill megatron in his weakened state if he was gonna take control. I would if I was shockwave.

say megatron and starscream did fly back to cybatron, in megatrons weakened state, why would shockwave and the decepticons help rebuild megatron and then turn on him

What I could see happening is? shockwave helps rebuild megatron, he sends megatron to earth to lead the attack. Later on shockwave then invades earth, to make life even harder for the autobots and the humans. It is almost like a second freak wave, it is just a backup plan for the decepticons which is something they never did have in transformers 1 and 2

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, seriously, I cannot understand what you are trying to say here and I don't have time to try and translate. I don't know if English isn't your first language or if you just aren't trying. At best, what I gather is that you're speculating and feel that your speculation is the only possibility, so you say anything else is "insane" or "dumb" or whatever.

16. megatron6661

I was not here to start war. I was just trying to create friendly debate on what could happen in DOTM, since it is a really interesting debate on megatron and shockwave. Yes I agree the spelling is not great.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    totally agree

18. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

.... Didn't Michael Bay said it would be a lot of inter-robot conflict .

19. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

yay he did YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    I think the cons will fight among themselves esp starscream waiting to backstab megs and now with beautiful BADASS ACTUALLY PURPLE ROBOT CALL SHOCKWAVE he going slap both starscream and megs in the face.

[​IMG]

is going to kick ass in 3D on the screen

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I'v looked at all the facts and I think Megatron is going to be in hiding, which is confirmed and Shockwave will probably be the new decepticon ruller and will stupidly be stronger than Megatron. Megatron will probebly suffer a humiliating, small, unimportant death, F@#!K you Ehren Kruger I think he F--ked up some of TF2 and I think he might have been the one who made megatron second in command in TF2. I also think he, unless it was the old writers, wants optimus to be an unstoppable badass bot who takes no prisoners. The death of demolisher is proof of this.