The Inevitable Prime toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Dec 23, 2010.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    They're coming.

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Drums...in the dark...

I can't wait for them. My collection consists mostly of movie toys (with a few from Animated and CHUG) so it'll be nice to mix it up a little bit.

3. brimsoldier59

brimsoldier59 Well-Known Member

Hasbro wouldn't make the show without toys so I don't think there gonna be that bad. But is anyone else getting sick of primes, and bb toys. I want a new direction. But what moves could they make without shaking up the entire belief system of transformer fans.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I look forward to seeing how the toys turn out. Especially Bumblebee, Megatron, and the Eradicons. A certain amount of "cheating" is inevitable, but with modern tech it shouldn't be too hard for Hasbro to make decently accurate toys. We'll just have to wait and see. If we're lucky we might get a preview at Botcon, though I wouldn't expect much of anything till SDCC (assuming they're able to keep to their planned October release).

5. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I would get each and every prime figure. Unless of course they go all Beast Machines on us...

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Saw one of the g1 eps the other night and it's scary how alike the ratchets head/faces are wonder if that will translate into the toy, Since, you know the g1 ratchet toy has no head.

Maybe they will all be repaints of old molds with new heads! BB would be cybertron downshift, Ratchet would be Cybertron Redalert so on. Oh how terrible that would be.

7. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro should know how popular TFPrime is from the Hubs ratings; they wouldn't make that screw up?

At worst they could be like the movie lines and look similar, but not perfect with gradual upgrades and repaints down the line. They probably just want to keep us in the dark until after we spent are money on TF3, because we all know TF3's line needs a lot of help.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It should mix things up a bit, but some of those Transformers Prime designs don't seem like they would look out of place next to my Classics and Movie hybrids collection.

9. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

do you think that Arcee would be a deluxe or a scout class toy once they do this line?

in bot mode and alt mode she is the smallest of the autobots...and the engineering on the scouts has been pretty slick with some of the recent molds.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I know a lot of us would like that for scale issues, but more likely then not, she's probably going to be a Deluxe.

Also, with her perplexing transformation, the designers are going to need Deluxe size engineering, anyway.

11. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

yeah...i figured.

i've just been fiddling with Backfire a lot (rotf/hftd/whatever motorcycle)....and its a lot like the old energon arcee but tons better.

and yeah, in prime she's got a weird transformation....

her shoulders/upper arms look like they SHOULD attach to the rear wheel, yet both tires are integrated into her legs.

They COULD break the tire in half and split it between both legs....her legs imo also look to be from the back end of the bike....

i think she would absolutely NEED to have at least ONE tire integrated into her torso, more like brimstone than the other cycle-formers who've had the tire just hanging from the back.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Whating the show, and both times we see her transform from behind, the wheels in her legs are actually two halves of teh back wheel. The front wheel is in her back, and her shoulders are just detailed to look like the wheels.

Slightly off-topic but Arcce looks very similar to animated Prowl in details, like the wheels in the legs, having basically his body shape (though more feminine) head shape and even has his back 'wings,' which also resembles WFC Arcee's back kibble.

13. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

The toys for designs like these will never be 100% accurate to the animation models but they will have more than a passing resemblance to the animation models. After the movie BB figures in deluxe scale, and I'm not just talking the standard fig, oh no because the Battle Blade BB has WAY better detailing and accuracy, I don't think this will be a problem when they toys hit.

Agreed! Hasbro and Takara have come a LONG way since they days when the toy didn't look anything like the character seen on screen. Animated converted me on that and the movie line helped in a BIG way there.

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Dammit. Just imagining that TF: Prime Optimus would kick so much major a$$ it's illegal. ;) 

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    shards of yellow metal... are you familiar with the bay films by any chance? this is no harder a stretch of the imagination than the prime ones:

[​IMG]

16. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Consider the Following.

When the ROTF line kicked off, the first wave when along the lines of this:

4 Deluxe Class Figures
    4 Voyagers Class Figures
    2 Leader Class Figures
    10 in total

Now look at the current cast:
    6 Autobots (counting Cliffjumper)
    4 Decepticons (counting the Eradicons as one)
    10 in total

And a possible breakdown of the toys into the classes:

Deluxe:
    Bumblebee
    Arcee
    Cliffjumper
    Eradicon

Voyager:
    Bulkhead
    Ratchet
    Starscream
    Soundwave

Leader:
    Optimus Prime
    Megatron

17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    This is what I'm thinking, but in the show Arcee is much shorter than Bumblebee and The Eradicon's are the same hight as Starscream. Arcee would be scout sized, and The Eradicons would need to pull a Lockdown into Voyager size. Maybe Arcee will come withe her holo-driver to justify a Deluxe price tag.

18. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or maybe have Jack & go "mini-Human alliance" style though I wouldn't mind a "Sadie" fig either

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think they'll make any TFP Leader class figures. Would be cool to see, but I personally would be perfectly fine with just Voyager's and Deluxe's. Maybe some Legend's to have mini-me's of certain characters.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I`m conflicted, y`see, even if I`d like characters in bigger sizes, I just cant help but think that the cheaper price of `em all in Deluxe size would be better for somebody like me who plans to complete the cast.