The Inevitable Prime toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I would LOVE an in scale line. However as Arcee size changes I doubt it will happen.

And I agree that Cliffjumper would also be a strong temptation as well. I loved that character.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Well i thin ktis possible for them to maek toys, when i see the Movie Designs im like Where that Peice Goes etc etc, And i do the same thing on Prime

but look we Got Movie Toys Despite their loosk Confused me so its possible for them to maek Prime toys

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm very curious to see how they solve this problem. I get the sense that there's a lot of cheating going on in those transformations.

I have a bad feeling we could end up with something where the vehicle shell folds up, and the chest part is underneath with all the car details presculpted.

[​IMG]

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If you are seriously thinking this after Animated and the Movie lines, then welcome, since you must be new to Transformers.

Seriously, if they can do movie figures, they can do these.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want a Ratchet, Megatron and a Starscream, simply because I honestly believe that they're all the best looking designs ever for all three.

6. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but Id settle for a play dough set with cut outs of the Prime characters...these toys cant come fast enough (better show up). I'm sure Has/Tak will do a good job with them. Thats how they make money, and I wasn't a fan of Animated until I got a toy in hand...

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just because I can't figure out how they will do them it doesn't mean that I don't have faith that Hasbro will pull off something really nice for the line.

Look at how Hasbro has managed to pull off the cartoon look for some of the Classics figures. Look at how they managed to put character into the figures for Animated. Or look at how they manage to pull off toys for the live action movies even though the movie CGI designs have hundreds or perhaps thousands of moving parts.

It should be exciting to see just what Hasbro will do given how they keep finding ways to make the toys better and better. Just compare the early Classics figures to Generations.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Given that they were able to make TFA and the movie designs into toys, and TFP is basically a combo of both, they can probably make these designs work somehow.

The only one I'm honestly worried about is Arcee. After watching the 5 part mini a couple times I still can't figure out how her transformation would work in toy form.

Bulkhead also baffled me a bit, but I think I figured how it is they're going to do it. I'm thinking most of his torso is made up of the hood and roof of his alt-mode.

9. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the movie figures are full of cheats like that. The occasional Animated figure like Sentinel Prime also cheats.

Lift up HA Skids grill, and there's a duplicate grill sculpted underneath for bot mode. Stuff like this doesn't ruin the figure, and it's forgiveable to some extent. But it does take away from the integrity of the transformation.

The essential appeal to transformers is how did they do it. How did they manage to rearrange the form of the vehicle into the form of the bot. How does the headlight end up here, the wheel arch there, the grill over there and so forth. If they couldn't do it, if they had to sculpt on a second set of headlights, or some fake wheels, then to some degree, they failed.

I don't doubt Hasbro's abilities, but I don't take for granted that they're going to have an easy job pulling some of these designs off.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I can stand a little cheating now and then, if they make it work. If a figure pulls a slight foe hood or grill, I can deal with it. Like the fact that ROTF Leader Prime's grill actually ends up on the bottom of his feet.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh cheating will most certainly happen, but I'm NEARLY SURE that it's not activators level of cheating! WFC Optimus was terrible because of that really and I hope it never repeats.

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    To be clear, I didn't mean I expected something as basic as an activator, it was just the clearest example I could think of to demonstrate my point.

I was looking at the chest of TFP Bumblebee's design, and you can see most of the elements there are from the front of the car. But will they be able to reconfigure that part of the car to form the chest? I'm hoping they have some really clever way of making it happen, but I can see how they might go with a cop-out instead.

[​IMG]

The torsos in TFP designs seem to involve a lot of overlapping parts folded on top of each other. Sidearm Sideways is a pretty nice example of the sort of way I'd like to see them do it. A lot of ingenuity went into that. I like how they designed Cliffjumper's front section wrapping around his windscreen. I'll be disappointed if they cheat that. But if they can pull it off, that'll be very impressive.

[​IMG]

true, but it was the fact that they got that as close as they did, with so very little cheating that made the toy so impressive.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    For 'Bee, it looks like the center part of the car grill between the headlights disapears in robot mode. Alterenity Convoy does something similar, actually, and he's Deluxe size, so I'll bet most of Prime BB's design can be translated fathfully enough. I'm thinking that they'll also take a page from the Generations Drift figure and the doors have the windows folding inside and out of view.

14. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

If the same bulk of mass can go from looking like a sleek vehicle to looking like a functioning bipedal robot, I don't complain much about the "cheats" like duplicate parts in both modes. It's actually remarkable enough to me the things that the great minds at Hasbro are able to accomplish without being so complicated that no one can figure them out.

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You say Inevitable as if it's a bad thing...

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'm just pessimisticly cautious. :p 

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed. 100%. I'd love a screen-accurate Starscream, but even if his figure is somehow the worst of them all (which I doubt), even if he's fat and chunky and immobile, I'll buy him, 'cuz I love his design. But here's hoping for the best! :D  Same with Soundwave. Definitely a must-buy. Ratchet seems like he'd be a pretty nice figure, just based on his design - solid, yet posable. I'd most likely get Optimus too. And Bumblebee. Maybe Cliffjumper. Heck, I'll just get all of them. ;) 

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Arcee will have a giant bike wheel sticking out of her back.

And it will be hilarious.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i have faith, esp. after Animated and the movie stuff.

20. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    WFC Prime didn't cheat, did he?