The Indiana Jones Toy Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 16, 2008.

1. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

The upcoming Temple of Doom figures:

[​IMG]

Also, the Last Crusade figs should be starting to hit stores.

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Hope I can find the Crusade figures, soon. I need me a tiny Connery.

3. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Wow! This thread has been dead for a bit hasnt it. Almost had trouble finding it. Well heres a boot in the ass to get it up again. Finally found wave 3. waited too damn long for them. Last Crusade is my personal Favorite. Wish Grail Knight and Vogel had ankles. Shame Hasbro had to lose Vogles swastika. Oh well, I'll paint it back in when I get some time.

4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I've still not found Connery or Grail Knight. I haven't found anything from that wave as a matter of fact.

5. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I believe its Indy in a Jeep with a ramp and some natives.

If you are a part of the Lego Brickmaster Club, this month you get the Jeep and Indy fig parts minus the ramp and natives.

6. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a quick question about the indy figs.. Are the heads easily swappable? These toys seem to be going on clearance, and I'm thinking of getting Cairo Indy, who seems to have the best headsculpt with a fixed hat, and putting his head on the Crystal skull Indy body.

7. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Odds of finding ToD wave...dwindling. :( 

Ordinarily, I'd say there's a good chance they'll pop up at KB six months down the road, but, um...

9. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I FOUND THEM1!!!!!!!!11111one

Holy Mother of God I found them!

Mola Ram, Shortround, etc etc etc...

And they're in very short supply, 3-4 of each tops! I'll be buying Shortround and Mola myself, perhaps the Chief Temple Guard figure.

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    WHERE?!

And did you get some to share?

Also, finally heard something on my MIA Crystal Skeleton -- received a postcard on Friday. Apparently demand outstripped supply, so they had to make more. They'll be shipping "after Feb 1, 2009".

11. BrokenSVT

Oddly, I found these guys AND the newest wave of 'Joes in a shady little department store midway between my hometown and work. I only stop in from time to time, hoping they clearance out the Sigma 6 'Joes that were still lurking till this Christmas season. Today I stopped and had all but given up, when I spotted a lone B.A.T. on the 25th Joe peghook. I dug through and found the whole wave(only 1 of each o_O ). Then, I noticed the Indy figures. Unfortunately I was too poor today, after my wife's medical treatment this week. Friday is a new payday, however.

If the store were priced like Wal*Mart, I'd pick up the whole shebang, but unfortunately they're priced at 11.99 each. I can't swing that outright for myself, let alone to help other folks snag them.

12. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    They might end up at Dollar General or Tuesday Morning or some other outlet location in the future.

The local Dollar General got a TON of last wave Fantastic Four 2 figures in this past Christmas so....

13. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I found the Holy Grail assortment @ TJ Maxx stores and one local Super Walmart, but no ToD assortment yet.

14. BrokenSVT

I broke down and purchased Mola Ram and Shortround today(thank God for tax rebates). They're both very solid figures, especially Mola. He comes with a fabric tapestry to drape over his arm, the flaming heart of one of his victims, the skull of what's-her-name(goddess gal) and his skull helmet is removable. Oh, and his characteristic dagger.

Shortround is nifty in his own right; if only for the fact that he's, well, short. His artifact is worth purchasing the figure, it's a nicely-sculpted statue of Anubis.

15. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was surprised this thread wasn't resurrected with the Lost Wave release from Comic-Con. My friend was able to snag me a set when he went to HTS to pre-order TF:p rime/Prime, so I'm looking forward to those.

In the meantime, I found a ToD set that completed my previous purchases of Short Round and Mola Ram. I remember a couple years ago on vacation, when I was surprised to find Mola in a little non-chain toy store. Though now that I have all these figures from ToD, it's sad to look at them and think the line is dead. Just as it died, they got it right regarding detail and quality. Even ToD Indy comes with a satchel, that when you lift the flap, you see two of the 3 Sankara Stones inside!

I think one of the problems with the Indy line is the majority of people are simply dressed in suits. Even the bad guys (Rene Belloq, Lao Che, Walter Donovan) don't scream 'awesome outfits.' This was one line where I would have preferred more bad guys (and this coming from a guy who has more Autobots than Decepticons in his collection). Rene Belloq in his white suit would have been the one villain I wished they would have made. Looking suave and sophisticated next to Indy's rough/rugged clothing.

On a final note here's my top 10 of figures I wish they would have made:

10-Mac (had to put someone in this spot, though Mac really is the JarJar Binks of the movies to me, does nothing but turncoat all the time and whine)
    9 - Harold Oxley (most likely crazy Oxley, as opposed to his cleaned-up look at the end)
    8 - The Maharajah of Pankot Palace (give him a dagger and his little voodoo doll)
    7 - Marion Ravenwood (Crystal Skull wardrobe, naturally, to give Indy someone to chase after, and make Mutt uncomfortable)
    6 - Willie Scott, in Nightclub dress/casual dress (too bad the line ended, Willie was almost the equivalent of Amidala with her costume changes)
    5 - Marcus Brody (of Indy's friends/sidekicks, I think he'd be at the top)
    4 - Lao Che (coming with a gun, remains of Nurhachi, and antidote vial)
    3 - Walter Donovan (give him the stone tablet with the incomplete Grail info, and maybe a gun)
    2 - Col Dietrich (from Raiders; give him an alternate 'deflated head' to recreate the Ark scene)
    1 - Rene Belloq (in white suit, maybe with a removable fedora as well)

16. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

I think i just got this set
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/events/images/11092-1/INDIANA+JONES+0001.jpg
    at the MISSIONS THRIFT STORE for $2 today.
    I haven't pieced it together with the baggies, but most of the pic looks right.
    is this something i'm going to want to keep? prolly not. But for $2, i could get some great shots for a few pics. Who should explore it? Microman? MU? Joes? I have like 1 Indy figure, so no dice on that.
    oh, and what is it called? i might need some help putting it together, beyond what this pic shows.

17. nikkitony1

nikkitony1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's the akator playset from indian jones. the fourth movie. it's been a star wars playset and a gi joe one too, i think.

Tony

18. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I'm starting to collect this line. Not a fan of the movies anymore, but a cheap collectible is the best collectible. :D 

Does anyone know if there are MOC KOs out there? Seems like sellers in Hong Kong have millions of these.

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have to wonder if there are ANY KO's of these toys. They did not sell well at all, and I could see a bunch of Hong Kong sellers being stuck with unsold stock.

20. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Yeah, I'm thinking they aren't worth duplicating. But they also seem incredibly plentiful for their age.

It's all good. I like small lines. You drop about a hundred fifty bucks: line done. :lol