The Incredible Hulk: Smashing NYC

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Jun 8, 2008.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I received The Incredible Hulk for Xbox 360 in the mail from Gamefly today. I'm liking it so far.

They seem to have taken alot from Ultimate Destruction. Open city, scaling buildings, the car gloves. This time, instead of running up a building, Hulk climbs it, launching himself up a few feet each time he grabs the building.

I haven't gotten too far in the game, I'm having too much fun destroying stuff. Every building in the game can be destroyed. You get tokens for destroying landmarks. Its the Marvel NYC, so the Baxter Building and others are in there. I destroyed The Daily Bugle. Take that One More Day!

A big change from UD is that instead of fighting groups of enemies here and there during free roam, you're constantly fighting something. armored vehicles on the ground, flying armored soldiers on top of buildings.

Looks like there's unlockable characters too. Theres a list in the extras menu. The Maestro is listed, as well as Classic Hulk, Professor, Joe Fixit, and Grey Hulk.

If the rest of the game is as good as this, I'll probably end up buying it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i was thinking of renting it..thanks for the heads up..

i have Ultimate Destruction...f'n love that game.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    sweeet

yeah i was lookin for that game on thursday to rent but none of the stores got it in yet

definatley somethin i wanna check out cuz Ultimate Destruction was a pretty fun game. this looks like that plus next gen graphics [thats all FTW]

4. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
  5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

and whats cool about that exclusive is that its not just a color difference...it actually looks like the comic Red Hulk.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Red Hulk? The hell?

7. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Eh, from what I've heard Ultimate Destruction is still better, but at least it isn't as bad as that Ironman game.

8. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Well looks like I'm now buying it from gamestop!

9. TheIncredibleHulk

I spent hours just destroying the city last night.

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well I've reserved a copy of The Incredible Hulk from Gamestop that has the Red Hulk skin. But I'm having second thoughts well I've red some reviews about this game and their pretty negative, its due to the freezing and maybe how they put in together and I think thats it, so I hope that the game developers looked at this before and try to fix it, but they probably wouldn't because of the cash, but thats this ppl's opinion not mine. Anyways I too love Ultimate Destruction...I love smashing s#@t and putting those Hulkbuster unit in that sky piledriver the Gamma Grinder (my personal favorite finishing move), also I got the borefest Ang Lee version of the Hulk game as well, but still prefer IHUD. HULK SMASH!

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Isn't Ironman in there as a playable character? In the TV add you see what looks like Hulk Buster Ironman.

12. Ezilla82

Yes, Iron Man is in the new Hulk game, but in Hulkbuster Armor as you put out, but the only way to get that is have to save a file from the Iron Man game itself and then you'll get it.

13. TheIncredibleHulk

I'm really enjoying the game. I have noticed the game slowing down when its loading enemies sometimes, but nothing major that I would complain about.

I really haven't been doing too many of the missions. I've just been going around the city, destroying stuff, and looking for bonus stuff. I'm having a blast.

So far, I've unlocked The Maestro, Grey Hulk, and Classic Hulk. Working on getting the Professor Hulk. 2 more special jumps and I'll have him. I've even thought about renting Iron Man, so that I can get the Hulkbuster character. Playing as Classic Hulk is awesome. He looks like he's designed to look like the Hulk from Secret Wars. Looks like the Hulk on this cover:
    [​IMG]
    I want to have him pick up a mountain.

Fuck Spider Man, who wants to web sling, when you can SMASH?!

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the game out on PS3 too? I really got a kick playing the Hulk games on the ps2 - especially "Ultimate Destruction"!

15. Ezilla82

I did know about the other costumes or skins like you said and they look awesome, its a shame that the Planet/World War Hulk skin is not on the Xbox 360, but on the PS3. But that doesnt bother me that much at all. We'll still smash stuff and just have fun.

LigerPrime- Yep the game is on PS3.

16. TheIncredibleHulk

Yeah, they're in the Extra section, under secret characters. The one character I wanted to see in there, Hulk 2099, is not there. That would have been awesome!

I do have one minor complaint about the game. Would it have been too much to ask for a button combination to make the Hulk roar or yell "Hulk Smash!"? Would be awesome to do it, and watch people take off running.

17. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got a couple of gift cards still to Best Buy that I was saving for a new game, but I may go ahead and pick up Hulk since I loved Ultimate Destruction. I know there are a few issues with it, but the destructible open environment is very appealing. Plus, after the local big comic convention last weekend I'm kinda on a comic high right now.

18. TheIncredibleHulk

the destructible environment is better than UD. Any building can be destroyed, not just 1 or 2 here and there.

19. Ezilla82

Hulk 2099, I've seen that badass to me he kinda looks like a mini Godzilla, but thats my opinion and it would've been sweet to see it on the game.

Damn! That sucks without the roar or "Hulk Smash" yell then it makes Hulk the silent type, but smashes stuff. Oh dude I'm drawing myself as a Hulk-like creature and when I'm done with it, I'll sent it to ya if you want. If not then thats cool.

20. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I broke down and bought Hulk Friday night and I love it! I have a few minor complaints, but nothing that has made me regret my purchase. I too have been focusing for the main part on collecting extras and such in and around the city, but the few missions I have played have been fun.