The Importance of Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Jan 28, 2007.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I have seen little to none posts about brawl so I wanted to here some opinions on him. I only assume that he probably will not appear much in the movie, but just as much as Id like him to I want to discuss his role in this movie.

We havent seen much about him, or for that matter BoneCrusher so would it be easier to say that within the months left of the movie that the reason why concepts/ images of them havent surfaced is because their roles in the movie are less fortoled lthan SS, Megs,Prime BB, and others ?

2. Salazaar

Salazaar Banned

since he has no lines in the movie, he's more like a drone than an actual character

3. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    So....He isnt really a tf at all then???? I mean thats what showed the differences from a regular robot, not only to transform but had a personalitie.........

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, that isnt what he meant, in any film you have loads of people that have non-speaking parts, they are still people though.

im betting that the TFs will be expanded a bit to at least have a line or two each but anyway.. he is in the film,
    and hes monster of a badass who only goes down thanks to a lucky shot

5. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Thats not what I implied, I was basing that if a drone, he probably wont have a personaltie, because drones do the bidding for others without regards. And I still dont grasp why they havent given much about him, thats why I said is he not important, or is it we cant get their concepts etc.....

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

his toys seems to get a lot of love, maybe his movie role will be a nice suprise once its out

7. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I hope so because I have high hopes for brawl, hes my fav. char, dont get me wrong, prime is nice and all.....but when you go con youll never go wrong :D 

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I've read the script, and what everyone else in this thread is correct. He's not written as a drone, but he doesn't speak, either. The best examples I can think of are Darth Maul in Star Wars and the Russian in The Punisher. They both have personalities, they both have brief roles, and they don't speak all that much. But they're not brainless drones.

9. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    True, Well as long as you can see some sort of a "Look" I guess you could say, iam happy, hope their will be some leaks of hi though!

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

I'm sure he makes some kind of sound when he get shot.

11. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Did you just spoil me?????? Not cool......j/king, anyways in gray next time I hope he does make a sound lol

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

He got loads of personality, we just prolly won't see it in the film. But the Titanium figure had an awesome bio for Brawl.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=121299

And the part where it says he thinks explosions rule, yeah that part rules.

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

It was stated in one of the Orci interviews that just cause the script has a certain amount of dialog in there doesnt mean that is all the dialog you ll get or lines for that matter. Some stuff is still improved and as the movie progresses they flesh out the scenes so Brawl may or may not have speaking line for the movie but I would probably bet he ll have some catch phrase or something to say that will make him seem menacing.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Also of note, the majority of the 'bot-to-bot' script was writen after the movie stopped filmming the live action scenes. In other words, the robot's personalities were all but left out of the old script intentionally.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I hope Brawl gets a fair amount of screen time, he’s probable my favorite alt-mode of the movie.

16. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    he must be at least fairly important, to justify hsi own leader-class toy.. its hjust him, megatron and prime

17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm really starting to suspect that we might be in for a pleasant surprise with Brawl. He MIGHT just be one big coverup for Earth mode Megatron.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

From what I've seen so far, Brawl is visually the most appealing 'Con to me, with Barricade a VERY close second.

And no matter what happens in the movie, if he kicks ass, we could see him in sequels. Hell, Boba Fett survived that giant mouth thing, and robots are even easier to bring back:

"I thought he was dead?" "He was, but we repaired him."

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Only in the "expanded universe".

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's true--it was really just meant as a similar example: character whose popularity resulted in his death being 'undone.' And his character (as both him and his father, since they're kinda interchangeable) was brought back in a big way for the prequels, despite him being sort of a throwaway villian in two previous films. So Lucas was at least concious of the fan love--I'd even be willing to bet he'd show up in 7-9 if they ever got made.