The implications of the Season Finale SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I really liked this story arc, It reinforced the characteristics that make a great Megatron.

-No one Commands Megatron! (Bay take note)
    -The ability to be completely honest, and treacherous at the same time
    -His need for the one-on-one final battle
    -Why he hates Prime

The Unicron part reminded me of some the awesome quotes from the 1986 Movie, and did anyone notice how Prime's Unicron looked like the BW Unicron toy proto.

I was thinking about Unicron being in the center of the earth.... which is preposterous but hey its a Transformers show, but even so... would there not be increased gravity at the center of the earth. No science was mentioned there...

I think we will see Galvatron, I'm sure Megatron will return to Unicron to salvage whatever might be there...

I also think we'll see the return of Fallen, as the original 13 were mentioned.

Those were my musings.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The implication is that they spent all this time building up Unicron to put him down without a fight.

Except for how he let Unicron command him totally of his own will for so long, and had he not been cast out, would still be serving Unicron.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense but dooon't we have a topic, a stickied topic, just to talk about the finale?

4. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Seeing how Unicron is only in stasis, he might return to be a bigger, badder big bad later on.

If he doesn't, then that is completely wasted potential right there.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't see Unicron attacking characters the same way as he does in other continuities. But that's what I think would be interesting with this take on Unicron. Let other more mysterious characters become the encroaching godlike creatures of destruction. Maybe Violen Jiger or Ammutseba(Devourer of Stars from HP Lovecraft) or maybe even Azathoth.

Unicron may have the ability to attack people from the inside. Let him be the Freddy Kreuger of people's nightmares. Let him be a the creature that can possess other earthbound beings, which the autobots need to exorcise. Let him be the ghost of dark hallways, the boogeyman in the shadows waiting to strike. Let him attack through the astral realm, through dreams and other dimensions. Let him spawn countless minions and diverse avatars. Let him attack the character's very souls. The voice whispering in their ears drawing the whole world into chaos. What Unicron can become now is more than anything he can do when he was just a physical being. He can be an entity that is trying to mutate the earth and its inhabitants into his own image with the autobots trying to stop the change even though it seems it's futile.

The way Unicron is now, I think he can even become a regular villain. A monster that is everywhere, pulling the strings and tripping the autobots in their most pivotal moments.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine"-Obi-Wan Kenobi

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like how went from being a suck up to a complete rebel to Unicron with practically no transition in between.

This finale was ok but it seemed like it was trying to accomplish too much by itself with barely any links to previous episodes.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    And that's the thing, I'm honestly wondering if he isn't dead for good, or at least a LONG while. His model I swear is just a modified Megatron, and he's got a pretty high-profile VA, and the nature of his character is very difficult to write well.

I think they only brought in Unicron because they wanted an "epic" season finally, so they made up a "prophecy" at the last moment and pulled in that big planet guy from the movie and a few quotes along with him to make it "awesome."

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no way Unicron is a modified Megatron. If he is there's so many differences everywhere that it would be flat out pointless to edit him because it would be just as much work as modeling a brand new model. Even the similar features got a obviously different shape/detailing.

Unicron will be back in a way or another, specially considering that the Decepticons still got a ship full of the dude's blood and the real-life fact that the writers planned everything with three seasons in mind (and the other real life fact that no matter the show Unicron never freaking dies)

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

And who better first that the only earthling who has been already in touch in Dark Energon.... RAF!!
    Muhahahahaaa....! :ev: 

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

How do you know he is in stasis?

11. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All I know is that the finale was epic. And I know that term gets overused post, what, 2008 or so? But it was.

Love this show. Best since Beast Wars, imo.

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

He was being a Starscream to Unicron, he was being sarcastic the whole time. When Unicron treated him like a fly Megs was enraged. In bay's version he either was really a follower or didn't have the opportunity to be treacherous, which is not good look for Megs. In the 86 movie, before he allows Unicron to take him, he tells Unicron (ironically) that "no one commands megatron!" Also lets not forget that Unicron made him into Galvatron, there is an opportunity for that here I think.

13. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It was outright stated that the Matrix would merely put him in stasis, not destroy him.

14. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Meh, I can buy it. Megatron obviously hoped to worm his way into Unicron's good graces by praising him and offering to help him destroy the Autobots and rule the Earth, with the intent to overthrow him somehow later on. Like Dinobot Snarl said, it was very Starscream-y of Megatron. I guess those two are more alike than either would ever admit, eh?

I love how Unicron immediately saw through him, though. All that "We could rule together!" talk was a dead giveaway, really. And since it turned out that all Megatron did to try and revive Unicron amounted to diddly-squat because Unicron was awakening himself and would have done so without his help... Well...

It was a treat to see someone with authority completely talk down to Megatron like that.

[​IMG]

Of course, since Megatron has quite a temper and hates being snubbed, his instantaneous decision to help the Autobots put Unicron back in stasis makes complete sense to me.

I do agree with you, though, that the prophesy really should've been mentioned a few times before the season finale came around. Bringing it up only in the last few episodes made it look a little too rushed.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Whole deal with Unicron - yeah it as rush but Damnit the cliffhnanger with Orion Pax and Megatron' charecterization was fantastic.

16. Bountyan

News Credits:
    I would buy it a bit more too, if only if it were just backed up more in the show instead of having it lean to random speculation.

I also have trouble believing he'd try to overthrow Unicron, because he had to rely on Optimus just to defeat him. The Megatron sucking up and just ruling alongside Unicron so he can gain power seems more believable to me.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This is Megatron we're talking about. I mean his arrogence knows no bounds and that's putting it mildly.

18. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Yes, but then the problem is how he'd get rid of Unicron without getting his ass kicked. He couldn't use Optimus because letting Unicron rule for a while or getting buddy buddy with him implies killing Optimus.

This is the problem I have with the finale. There are too many whats, whys and hows with Megatron but not enough actual content or even foreshadowing to explain what his plan was.

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that would be an awesome twist and (to Flashdisk) are you sure you're not a writer for the series...?

Well, it does make sense, considering that Megatron started a full on war right after Orion was chosen to be Prime. Safe to say he doesn't handle rejection very well.

^ This too...

I'm sure if Megatron figured that he was capable of defeating Unicron, he would have. You saw how easily he defeated those Rock Lord incarnations and he knew the coordinate to where he is. Sadly, only the Matrix of leadership was powerful enough to stop him and that is only given to a Prime, which he himself isn't. And I doubt even he figured that Unicron who try and take control of his mind.

Megatron wanted to destroy Unicron, to do that he had to team up with the Autobots. He admitted that once the task was done he'd conquer Earth his own way (with or without Dark Energon is debateble) which includes destoying Optimus Prime and the Autobots.

Looks like pleanty of content to me. And even if there was content missing, why not keep us guessing for Megatron's plan in the next season? They already have us wondering about Project Chimera.

jD001

20. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Then why would he suck up to Unicron in the first place?

Sucking up/teaming up with Unicron, even temporarily ->Optimus Prime and Matrix gone

No Optimus Prime or being able to use Matrix->No destroy Unicron

No destroy Unicron->Megs can't rule the earth. Hell, there wouldn't even be an earth to rule. It just doesn't make sense to me why he would try to serve Unicron if he wanted to still rule the planet. He could have just went straight to the Autobots. I don't see much advantage to even feign trying serving Unicron if the matrix is really the only thing that could work.