The I'm Not Going to BotCon Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by OptimusTron97, Jun 24, 2010.

1. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

I'm not going to BotCon, which makes me very mad.

This a thread where people like myself who will sit at the computer for the rest of the week and wait for the latest news stories.

So, what are you going to do NOT at BotCon?

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    we have a swedish biggest holidays tommorow. Its called Midsommar so I dont mind, but next year I am 100% that I am going to Botcon. No mather were it is.

3. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not going since I took a vacation at Christmas (went to WDW) and I have my honeymoon coming up in October (going back to WDW, LOL) but I will be watching 2005 to see what news comes out of the show, throughout the weekend

4. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I was at Disney last month and am going back now for Botcon. They had a heck of deal for Florida Residents with 4 parks for $100. Now I am just going to Botcon. My son is pushing for a day at the parks but I don't think so. Not trying to rub it in but we'll keep you guys informed.

5. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

I am not going as I am flying to america for comic con, star trek in LV and star wars celebration whilst spending nearly 28 days in USA

I am def going to next years one for the 3rd movie, IF I can get enough info and time to book off, as I work in a small office and really late Nov is a bit late still.

6. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am not going to botcon. I am too sad. I want fake G2 toys. And sharkticons.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I was unable to afford going to BotCon. I really wish I could, seeing that it's in Walt Disney World, and I absolutely love going on vacations to Walt Disney World.

Depending on where BotCon is held next year -- I'm hoping for a Midwest location -- I might try and attend.

8. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

im going to botcon but only on satuday think how i feel it being so close but only can experience one day

9. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Not going to BotCon. :(  Am broke and ear-deep in debt, so can't afford it. :( 

The gang are keeping me updated via Twitter though, which is awesome and heartbreaking at the same time.

Next year...next year I PROMISE! *SOB*

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah it's been easy to keep up with what's going on this year so far, the guys are being great with Twitter, AudioBoo, podcasts, etc etc. I hope everybody is enjoying themselves~

I had two problems getting in the way this year - no one to watch my dog, and most of my would-be Botcon money got sucked into school. I also started a new quarter of school this week and it's already kept me pretty busy, so, yeah. I'm bummed because Florida is a mere one state away from me. I totally should have been able to make it. I've had to do the Botcon thing vicariously for years. One more won't hurt, I suppose, there's always next year.

11. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Can't stand G2, and was too busy this year.

12. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was busy helping Lucy arrive :) 

[​IMG]

13. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grats dude! Thats like the best excuse to miss botcon lol

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Well we can excuse you today, but get that kid a transformers t-shirt and let's go. She can get her first pic with Mickey while you are it. J/K. Congratulations.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Like several years past, I'm not able to attend this year either.

As for what I'll be doing, I'll be keeping up with the con via the board here. As for my weekend, I'm not sure what else I'll be doing.

16. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

No dough, no go. :( 

17. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The wife told me that we could either afford to have our wedding or go to Botcon but not both. This was wife speak for "We're NOT going to Botcon this year." NEXT YEAR!

18. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

You can get married anytime. Plus why have a big fancy party that no one will remember and only came to eat? Have a small wedding( I had mine at the inlaws backyard) for close friends and honeymoon at Disney during Botcon. Win-win!
    Make input into big decisions. If you let your wife take over now, you'll never have a say in anything. You'll simply be another child in the house.

19. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

I don't think that's a fair assessment, seeing as you don't have the entire story. You'd have to hear her opinion on the matter before making such a harsh comment.

How do you know what she's capable of? Or maybe he's spent too much on TFs in the past year(s)? I honestly don't know, and I'm not making any claims, but be fair until you have the whole picture.

I know my girlfriend wouldn't be happy about me spending that kinda money on Botcon, if I was getting married that year. I don't think any spouse, male or female, would be too pleased that you put a toy convention above your nuptials.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Not going because it came down to BotCon, or seeing my girlfriend and TFCon. And then some more shit came up and now I'm not going to any con at all. :lol 

Still, really impressed with the massive amount of coverage from all the sites this year, don't think we'll miss a thing. :D