The IGear Seeker Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Mar 28, 2012.

1. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    I just did all three at the same time in my review. If you want to show the transformation, just show off one of them and then cut it so all 3 are transformed and just share your opinions on the 3 of them. Just a suggestion.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like our reviews quite a bit, so of course your input is always wanted/respected man. I appreciate it.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    A little from column A and a little from column B. =) I think I recall TFSource offering all three for about $399.99 shipped at one point, and they tend to have better customer service than iGear these days (even with TFSource's credit card fiascoes). Guess I'll shop around a bit more, preferably from an NA seller rather than an Asian one.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    That sounds like a plan. Of course, if you see anything different aside from color between the three....then yeah, you can always address that later after the main points :) 

5. mrtbone81

Ebay:
    Thanks and you're welcome TJ. Looking forward to seeing your sick pics when you get them. :drool: 

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey TBone, since I actually have your ear for a second... what do you think of putting transformations in reviews? Do you feel that they're something people really want to see?

7. mrtbone81

Ebay:
    I think for newer figures...people want to see it...but for older figures, prob not as much. But it also depends on your style and how you review your figures. Some people like to hear opinions on the transformation itself since many enjoy that part of transformers.

I usually won't do transformations for older figures unless it is a simple transformation.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I bought the Coneheads not too long ago and to me they are the most satisfying Transformers purchase I've done in a long LONG time. I love the colors and look to them. Now I have MP fever. Classics was just not doing it for me anymore... You're gonna love the figures. This could end up getting a bit expensive for you rather quickly. Lol. Enjoy those figures.

Oh and there are a lot of reviews out there but I'd watch your video if you decided to make one.

9. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I definitely recommend blackwash on iGear TCracker. When mine first arrived I thought the blue plastic was far too flat/matte and was even considering giving it a coat of varnish just to add a bit of 'quality'. But after a quick blackwash to bring out the panel lines he suddenly looks so much better, I ended up not bothering with the varnish at all.
    Agreed, the coneheads are awesome! :thumbs2: 

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I put a pic up of TC with Tak Skywarp and Has Starscream earlier in the thread. If noone does one before I get home I'll do a better one of TC on his own. I used a spare Tak Skywarp sticker sheet for his wing 'con symbols and painted yellow and red wing tips to match the official figs though.

11. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Any chance of some photos?

12. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can do later, if folks are interested.
    Yeah mine has been tweaked too. Con symbols are a must. I would still like to paint the thighs blue as well if anyone knows of a good colour match.

Hey TigerBlade, I won't spoil your street cred by saying what show you went to yesterday :tongue:  Nice to meet you in person anyway bud :thumb 

13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    You can color me interested :cool: 

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to bring one of the null rays down to a hobby shop when I get mine in to see if there's a mixture I need or if there's a good enough match.

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    :D 

Pitfalls of having 5 & 7 year old daughters!! You too mate, thanks again for the feet!

TC on his own with symbols:

[​IMG]

A clearer pic of him with official seekers:

[​IMG]

I'd love to paint the thighs on my TC too but I'm paranoid about getting the wrong colour and totally ruining him.....it's a mystery why they changed the proto :confused: 

15. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cool, I will post pics, will be either tonight or tomorrow though. I tried a jar of light blue Tamiya paint which I use for Autobot eyes, which was very close but not quite pure enough. Might have to do as you suggest and hike a part to the hobby shop... Let us know if you find anything in the meantime :thumbs2: 
    No probs :D  Looking good there! I like the extra silver on the null rays, didn't think of that. Who knows why iGear chose not to go with coloured thighs. My guess is cost-cutting so TC can share mold parts with SW. Shame cos it does bug me.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    i find it interesting that everyone puts their con symbols on seeker wings so theyre upside down in botmode. if you put them the other way, i find it looks better in both modes .

17. mrtbone81

Ebay:
    Yea it can look better if its the other way but it is show accurate when its upside down. Never understood why its upside down myself but thats how it was in the cartoon. :peoples: 

18. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    The colour of the thighs is really my only gripe with TC too - if it can be remedied with a paint brush or spray can, I'm in.

19. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    indeed.
    incidentally, im having trouble finding consistent pics of where the symbos should go on thrust, as far as my igear version. any suggestions? or just on those foot-fin things?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Don't know about the cartoon, but on the toy they are usually on the front edge of the VTOL fans. I was planning to use smaller symbols in order to fit them there.

For Thundercracker's legs, if you don't find a paint match, a good shortcut is to swap the thighs with a hasbro skywarp, I detailed the process on the review thread. If anyone find a good paint match, let me know.