The IGear Seeker Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i got the cone heads and love them compared to the hastak screamer, TC, and warp

but i dont think i would replace my hastak seekers with the Igear versions, from the reviews i have seen the coneheads compared to the rest of theirs look a little drab with the lack of paint apps. but thats personal opinion/speculation since i dont have those versions in hand to compare with the naked eye.

quality wise they are really close to the real thing and you wont be dissapointed. mp megatron looks great with his seeker armada backing him just waiting on a soundwave and i would consider my MP decepticons complete

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Because America is a real easy place for Hasbro to protect their intellectual property.... i think TFSource might have them listed on eBay?

WRT Transformation: The only weak spot on these really is the wing clips.

Lift up the airflap section first, and everything should be okay, but hinges behind the air intakes, the wings swivel on, you should probably move those slowly to be sure

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource was selling these but I think they got a letter from Hasbro. Because they pulled their stock off their site and moved them to e-bay. This is why you will not find a U.S. Seller with these.

I used a Youtube video to help me with the transformation because I was concern about the wings as well.

4. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hit you up on Twitter bud, can help you out partway :thumbs2: 

5. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I was gonna say TFSource was like the only American retailer who carried the conehead versions but I see they've pulled those products :\

Edit: Damn it, beaten by Trailbreaker77 :mad:  :lol 

6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    question...are the ball mounts for the heads between the Has/Tak and igear seekers the same?...i was wanting to get one of jbarbs/Zildjians awesome head sculpts cause personally i'm not a big fan of the stock head

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/543187-custom-sculpted-masterpiece-seeker-head.html

igear Starscream was the first seeker i have ever owned, and hes awesome!...the problem with him being my first was i had not ever transformed one, and him not having instructions scared me...but i just did a quick search on youtube and learned how do it really quickly...

7. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to have a set of the Wheeljack Customs cone heads. They looked so much better than what I-gear gave us.

8. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TJ - I think you would be more impressed overall if you go for the coneheads first, but if you haven't messed with the mold before then you would probably like the "normal" variants. Just be prepared to add a little bit of paint. I added some silver highlights to Starscream and Thundercracker, painted the rear engine cowlings, and added the yellow/red/green on the wing tips. I also added some of the 'no step' stickers from the coneheads and some reprolabels to finish them off. Once I finish the coneheads (black nosecones are done, need to finish highlights and stickers), then I'll circle back and add some detail to the robot modes.

There's a coneheads reprolabel set, though other than Thrust's wing fans they don't add any detail in jet mode. We have asked several times about a set for Sunstorm/Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp and had no answer - either they're waiting for all of them to be released so they can do them as a set, or they won't do them at all. I got an intact sticker sheet from MP-06 that I'm trying to have reproduced, and a source that can get me the sheets from MP-03 and MP-07 if they do a good job on the MP-06 sheet. At least then I'll have the stickers for the jet modes.

GI Eddie - Yes, they're the same mount. I tried the same thing with the coneheads using some spare Skywarp heads, and it just didn't work for me. Since I grew up with the toys I preferred that look over the stupid cone heads from the show, but it still just didn't sit right with me and I changed them back to cones.

9. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pic of my igear seekers TC and sunstorm, both are excellent quality, and dare I say even better than the official seekers. The qc is excellent on both of these guys. I may get destroyer and get rid of hasbro skywarp. I also have the coneheads, and can say the paint apps are on another level when compared to the 100 seekers, much more vibrant.

[​IMG]

10. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:

They're the same.

11. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does that photo make Skywarp's purple look much more eye bleedingly neon than it actually is?

12. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

VNC toys has them in stock.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Photographs the toys. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Thanks for the further info guys.

- I wish there was a set of instructions I could find and print though. I guess I just don't want to have to run to the computer for the littlest transformation query. Oh well.

- I agree on the Hasbro MP Skywarp colors in these pics... even on TB77's pic, it gave off a "Hott" vibrance that I really don't like. IGear's all the way on that one, but I wish the eyes stayed yellow like they'd shown on the original pics. :( 

- Grimlockerkinger- I msg'd ya on twitter.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I have the Coneheads and Sunstorm. I love 'em.

15. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:

Masterpiece Starscream Instructions

The only difference is that there is no hip kibble, so you can ignore that part. That's now attached to the legs, and you just slide it up.

Also the MP Skywarp's purple really isn't too hot. You know as well as anyone purple's a tough color to photograph. I'm not saying Destroyer isn't attractive, but Hasbro's really not a bad deal for $30 bucks, which is what I paid for mine (and I definitely saw one at that price on Junkions last night). I like destroyer, but at the end of the day I'd have to admit myself that I'd be paying $70 for a hip mod I could do myself and a Takara MP-style box (which, honestly, is becoming kind of a weird sub-obsession for me).

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    - Thanks Bill! That's exactly what I was looking for in terms of instructions. You the man boss.

- Purples aren't hard to photograph... but, I guess YMMV with that.

- Honestly, I'm going with destroyer, because it seems like the IGear ones just plain MATCH. If people weren't trying to sell the original MP Starscream (Walmart) for over $100 then this wouldn't even be a question, because I would have bought the Hasbros by now.

In terms of price, and color, these are just plain more attractive for me... and the price on MP-11 is a joke.

17. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ^ i will say i prefer the grey over the stark white which is why i probably will get the new mp starscream which will probably be the downfall of the other too if they are produced (im assuming they will be)

18. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you want I could scan the official instructions and put it in a PDF form if you need it. The transformations are the same, I too like the I-gear Skywarp but as I posted I'm going to hold out for the MP-11 eventual repaint.

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    @Megs - Damn, that's some MP dedication!

@TB77 - Thanks, but I think Bill's link was the exact instructions, right? I just printed those off. LMK if there are any innaccuracies, and if so, I'll gladly take you up on that.

I'm suprised thes instructions are so... short.

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just my :2c:  here, but IIRC the original MP Starscream was about $100 when it came out. And like was mentioned, TF Source may have Igear stuff on ebay, I know I saw some a little while back when I was thinking about Sunstorm.