The Ice Man Cometh Movie Megatron Full Photoshoot

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, May 28, 2007.

1. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Megatron does not have an Earth mode, its been confirmed, end of story, please move on.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even with the better lighting and better pose the figure still just isn't doing it for me. Oh well I guess we all have different taste and my taste just don't flow that way.

With any luck his arm is going to work better than when they tried that trick with the Sigma Six Ninja BAT. Arm on a string really hurt that figure but maybe Hasbro learned how to work it out better for Megatron.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It does work better. Unlike the Ninja BAT, none of the articulation is comprimised on Megatron's arm with a chain.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd much rather have him in G1 colors, with silver. Ironically it will make him more movie accurate.

Man oh man we should have had a mettalic paint finish on this guy!

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I wish I could like this figure. It just does nothing for me. All that gray color gives the illusion of not being painted, which equals bland, imo. No real hands, Predator-esque head and face, and a "???? WTF?" jet mode pretty much makes my buying decision for me.

Thanks for the gallery though, SWCA. :thumb  Your galleries are always appreciated.

6. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The blaster that this Megatron has reminds me of the handgun that came with almost every release of G1 Megs... you know, the chrome one? In that way, it's a nice hommage, and they can always do the gigantic arm cannon thing in one of the sequels.

On the whole, I do find that he is an interesting looking figure. The paint apps *COULD* have been better, but I would think that they would save the proper paint scheme for something like "Target Exclusive Robovision Megatron"or something. You just know that they'll reissue it 10-20 years from now, with "more movie accurate colours!"

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm still extremely disappointed by the lack of head articulation...it should be a given on a toy this size. But I'm still looking forward to buying it.

8. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

What I find amazing is the both Prime figures rock in thier own way. the Megatron figures on the other hand is the decision of the "lessor of two evils." I will be getting this figure over the voyager version. I just hope that the rubbing alchohol does the trick on that nasty blue. I think that Hasbro thinks that this blue looks good on a metal like product. Look at the motorcycle they made for the Ghost rider movie, that too had that ugly blue color.

Silver and just a little black wash and. wow what an awsome looking product.